Profile for Ken Rellit > Reviews

Content by Ken Rellit

Ken Rellit "Formal Paratrooper" (Tampa, FL USA)

Uncommon Valour Dvd [1983]
Uncommon Valour Dvd [1983]
Dvd ~ Gene Hackman
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie reflecting the feelings of the time it was created., 6 July 2011
This review is from: Uncommon Valour Dvd [1983] (DVD)
Uncommon Valor was a Great Movie for its time. The portrayal of Gene Hackman playing a father and Marine who knew his son was alive and would risk his own life to get him home was just fantastic. This is the only film that I saw at the time that portrayed the POWs looking the way the North Vietnamese mistreated them. It also showed the since of honor most American Soldiers had in wanting to go back and finish a job they felt they were never allowed to correctly perform. This movie is credited with launching many other films with the theme of bringing home POWs that were believed still alive in Vietnam and secretly held prisoner.

The political message was also fitting to how the country was feeling at the time when all stories showing how the North Vietnamese really mistreated our POWs and showed people like Hanoi Jane to be liars when they said the North Vietnamese were so kind to our men. The truth was slowly coming out from refugees that the people who truly, "Raped and Pillaged" were from the People's Army from the North and not what the Hanoi Jane's were trying to push.

Robotech - New Generation Volume 1 [DVD]
Robotech - New Generation Volume 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert V Barron
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if New Generation Volume 2 is released, 29 July 2006
The only problem I have is I can't find Volume 2 in the UK or any where else in Europe. It was the final series in the Robotech series. Robotech is one of the Greatest Manga series' ever in my opinion.

The idea of a small band of Rebels fighting together to take back the earth from the evil Invid was great. If you can get volume 2 I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately I can't give more than a three star rating because the Region 2 version of Volume 2 can not be found.

Robotech: Macross Saga, Vol. 1 [DVD]
Robotech: Macross Saga, Vol. 1 [DVD]
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars The best from Japan, 28 July 2006
I was 14 when I watched this series after school and thought it was "Cool".

Now over 20+ years later I bought the first series, Robotech the Macross Saga. When I put the first disc from Robotech Vol. 1 in and watched it with my 13 year old son he said his first thought was, "Cool."

The whole idea of fighting a race of beings that are actually clones, and having space fighters that can turn into robots controlled by the pilots were great.

One thing that made it popular in the US was the fact many people refused to show cartoons where people get die in a battle. This did show that people died (While keeping it a G (or in UK a U) rating) in war and how the characters dealt with death.

They also showed how people dealt with other things like, love and hate.

If you like Science fiction or Manga, this is a very excellent series to watch. The only reason I only gave it a five star rating is because the Amazon tool wouldn't let me give it an eight star rating.