Profile for Em B > Reviews

Content by Em B

Em B (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Toy Fi Teddy Plush Toy
Toy Fi Teddy Plush Toy

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Toy Fi Teddy Plush Toy (Toy)
My daughter wanted this very much when she saw the ads on TV. I thought it was a great idea, as I am currently working longer hours and sometimes have to miss her bedtime.

It arrived promptly, and my daughter was delighted, playing with it while my husband and I spent over an hour trying to set it up. Big problem was that the app needed for initial set up, came up fine on Apple, but on Android, the app was not recognised, despite trying THREE different devices at home.

Looked up online to see similar views from others, or problems with the messaging etc. If you are lucky enough to get the app working, you might find other temperamental problems.

I was keen to send back straight away but my daughter had already got attached to the bear, it was so disappointing telling her that I wouldn't be able to send any messages after all.

I wouldn't recommend this to anybody. The idea is good, but in my eyes it's a gimmick. Avoid!

I Am the Word: A Guide to the Consciousness of Man's Self in a Transitioning Time

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal. Very powerful., 4 Jun 2014
I saw this book on the book list of someone I admire and respect very much, and on the strength of the Amazon reviews bought it, with no idea of how powerful and transformative this book would be for me.

This is book one of a trilogy (I am currently on the second book) and it appears to be written very much on an active and participatory level - the words and affirmations that run through the length of the book are revealed gradually as you progress, each builds on the last and each being very powerful. But these are not just affirmations, for me, they are very deep, declarations of intention - almost as if they are infused with enormous energy.

In the course of three weeks, I have found myself to feel very at peace with me life and very conscious of my thoughts and actions, almost like a higher version of myself is now running the show. For example, if I say or do something that is not so loving or judges someone, I notice this EVERYTIME but it doesn't leave me feeling bad about myself or guilty or anything, I just know that it isn't true.

I have also naturally been quite envious of others, and this has completely gone. I saw a friend last weekend - she has wonderful things happening in her life (house almost paid off, great job, lots of friends, travelling the world, recent photo exhibition) and I truly felt happy for her, even though mine in comparison is very different (difficult relationship, no job, money issues, stuck in small town in rented accommodation, friends and family far away,no holiday in 5 years)...I truly felt happy for her, and it wasn't till I was travelling home did I notice that there was no envy of her (even in the deep, hidden parts of myself) or shame at my life in comparison at all. It just hadn't occurred to me. This is MAJOR for me.

These are just some of the immediate shifts I have found, just a feeling of deep acceptance and 'ok-ness' with me - and not in an ungrounded, woo-woo sense. I feel very much grounded and 'real'.

Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved
Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 2 Jun 2014
I was looking forward to reading this book, as this is an area that I have particular interest in - learning to love yourself and others. It is very good in parts, with anecdotes from his life illustrating what loving yourself looks like and means - one example is of a physically unattractive, overweight and unfashionable young teenaged boy who mystified the young Robert Holden with his ability to attract and go out with the most popular and prettiest girls in the school. The boy simply said one day that he loved himself and that's why he was so successful with people. There are other stories from his life and practice as a psychologist, and also many references to other works that have influenced his work, and which may compel the reader to explore further.

However, I was left feeling disappointed as I was looking more for a 'how to' rather than what loving yourself and others means, and though Robert touches on aspects of his Loveability workshop, with a few exercises, I was left with the impression that this is an introduction to that workshop, so that if you want more you have to take part, and that this book is by no means an alternative, personal course you can do on your own.

For what is is, a rather long, detailed and rather repetitive introduction in what love means it is ok. But if you are looking for something transformative and powerful, and a guide that can help you find a way to accepting and loving yourself on a deep, vibrational level, may I suggest I Am The Word, chanelled by Paul Selig. For me this is truly life-changing work.

JVC Gumy In Ear Headphones for iPod / iPhone / MP3 Devices - Lychee White
JVC Gumy In Ear Headphones for iPod / iPhone / MP3 Devices - Lychee White
Offered by VC Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Lasted far longer than more expensive earphones., 26 Feb 2014
Bought these as they were cheap, not expecting them to last long, but they have with a lot of wear.
Good sound, looks ok and very comfortable to wear - even in bed, which I tend to do most nights.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, let down by packaging, 26 Feb 2014
Have used this for tea and green smoothies and found it added subtle sweetness that produced a complementary rather than overpowering taste when added to a drink - unlike a powdered form of stevia that I found had an intensely sweet and slightly chemical taste.
Only drawback for me was that from the very first use the bottle leaks, leaving the bottom and the countertop sticky, and the dropper end is cut very crudely, so you have to be careful not to use too much.

Salt of The Earth Crystal Spring 50g Natural Deodorant
Salt of The Earth Crystal Spring 50g Natural Deodorant
Offered by Naturals Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good. Would Recommend, 20 Jan 2014
Started using this as part of the Cura Romana diet protocol. Was a bit dubious about its effectiveness, especially as it was the middle of summer, but it worked very well.
The crystal is shaped like a conventional underarm deodorant, and to use it you just quickly run it under a tap and apply, to help it glide on, so it helps if you put it on in the bathroom rather than the bedroom.
It doesn't quite have the nice, scented factor of other deodorants such as Dove.
But the 'natural' no aluminium factor overrides this for me.
Very good.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent So Far, 20 Jan 2014
I have had this for about 3 months now. My ipad 2 and ipod is charging a lot faster, than with the previous charger I had which at times didn't charge at all towards the end (admittedly a cheapie).
This one is still going strong with lots of use. Very happy.

Olaz Regenerist 3 Zone Facial Cleansing Brush with 2 Rotation Speeds
Olaz Regenerist 3 Zone Facial Cleansing Brush with 2 Rotation Speeds

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work For Me, 20 Jan 2014
I was so looking forward to using this, however after about a week's use, ) only in the evenings with the cleanser supplied) found that it did remove make up effectively, but that it also left my skin red, irritated and dry, especially on the cheeks. Applying richer moisturers didn't make a difference either.
Stopped using it, and my skin is back to normal.

Baby Faces Peekaboo!
Baby Faces Peekaboo!
by Dorling Kindersley
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful And Great Fun, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Baby Faces Peekaboo! (Board book)
I was surprised that this is quite a large book which is a major plus. It is very interactive, with an expression for each set of pages - a happy face; a sad face; a grumpy one; a silly one and a sleepy one.
We had great fun going through each "face" and at the end is a little mirror where little ones can see themselves pull all the faces that they had been practising.
Delightful.

Lunchbox Pearlised Pink Plastic with White Handle plus Princess Stickers
Lunchbox Pearlised Pink Plastic with White Handle plus Princess Stickers
Offered by Amey Plastics Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Reception, 11 Sep 2013
Really pleased with this item. At first I was a bit put off by the fact that it can't be put in the dishwasher but after about a week of packed lunches, this isn't a problem at all. As there are no nooks and crannies it's really easy to clean - takes me seconds to soap, rinse and dry, and it's ready to use again.

It feels sturdy but at the same time is easy for my four year old to open and close. And it's roomy enough to pack loads in. To keep sandwiches extra fresh, I pack them in a small plastic container, and there's still enough room for a drink carton, small cupcake, packet of rice cakes, banana and yoghurt.

The stickers are pretty but a good way to make your own so it's easily identifiable. Not sure how long they'll last, but this isn't an issue in an otherwise brilliant lunchbox.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4