Profile for Gert Volkmer > Reviews

Dvd ~ Who
Offered by collectorsheaven
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rough and peace in 1970, 5 Jun 2013
As I was fortunate enough to witness this very concert in person at the time, I think this dvd is an absolute must for everyone who was there as well (if only to relive a fond memory) plus anyone else who is into the "Oo". A great document of the summit of this band's career. Look out for Keith Moon at his best here.

Who Are You: The Life of Pete Townshend
Who Are You: The Life of Pete Townshend
by Mark Ian Wilkerson
Price: 12.58

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see for miles, 5 Jun 2013
Thanks to Pete for letting me and other readers to have a peek into his life, his ups and downs. Touching honesty from a very integre man.

Star of the Morning: The Extraordinary Life of Lady Hester Stanhope
Star of the Morning: The Extraordinary Life of Lady Hester Stanhope
by Kirsten Ellis
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen of the East, 5 Jun 2013
Having seen Jennifer Saunders in her hilarious 30-minute "quasi"-documentary on Lady Hester, I became curious to know more about this illustre figure of the early 19th century England - and found just what I was loking for (and more) with Kirstin Ellis' book. Beautifully written account about a great British eccentric!

No More Sad Refrains: The Life of Sandy Denny
No More Sad Refrains: The Life of Sandy Denny
by Clinton Heylin
Price: 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars The somewhat sad refrain of the Queen of Avalon, 5 Jun 2013
I was touched by this superb biography of the life and times of one of my all-time favourite female vocalists, even to the point of tears at times (call me sentimental). An amazing insight into the complex and often sad life of Sandy Denny.

REGARDLESS
REGARDLESS
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new cd, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: REGARDLESS (Audio CD)
Having first heard Thea's album of songs composed to lyrics of the late Sandy Denny, I fell under her spell. She is my favourite when it comes to translating "folk/rock" - tinted music to this day and age, and yet she has a style all of her own, as she has proved to the world by having brought out more than 12 cds of her own music to this day. I strongly recommend "Regardless".