Profile for Rocky Kanbi > Reviews

Content by Rocky Kanbi

Rocky Kanbi (London, England)

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder 2.27kg
Offered by Heliomorph

5.0 out of 5 stars A great quality product for the price and it tastes awesome - Double Rich Chocolate vs Milk Chocolate?, 18 Feb. 2014
This is my 3rd 2kg tub of Double Rich Chocolate (used it while doing The Insanity workout and still am with my new routine) and have learnt a few things over the past year:

1) It tastes awesome with milk and for me better than restaurant milkshakes (with water it's not that bad) - personally I use 150ml of semi-skimmed milk for during the day and mix with water post workout.

2) A shaker is a must!!! - I've left mine at work on multiple occasions and even though it says on the tub it's "instantized" and can be spoon stirred it doesn't taste the same without one when mixing it with milk, it won't be that lumpy but it definitely won't be as smooth. I ended up using a whisk because I was desperate!

3) If you've tried this flavor before and found it wasn't sweet enough for your taste try the "Milk Chocolate" / "Extreme Milk Chocolate" (same thing on Amazon) which is a bit sweeter, these are the only two flavors that I've tried and found the Extreme Milk Chocolate a bit too sweet for my liking and also had black/dark bits at the bottom of my shake that don't taste nice (not sure if it's meant to be like that or if I got a dodgy tub)

4) If you don't care about taste know that this product offers a great quality protein (Whey Isolates - one of the quickest absorbing proteins) for post-workouts for the price you pay, the only thing better is Hydrolysate/hydrolyzed protein shakes but these are more expensive.

5) This is NOT a meal replacement shake (only 113 calories per serving, low fat and low carbs/sugars - if you only lived on 3 of these per day you'd probably starve to death), it's ideally for post-workout or to have as a protein top up when you can't meet your daily protein goals with the normal foods that you eat and it also works as a good between meal snack that will keep your hunger at bay for a few hours/keep your metabolism up

One last tip that I forgot to mention that I only found out recently to save some money, if you're buying this item and it's "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" don't forget to buy it using "Subscribe & Save" which will knock 5% off the total price whether you want the next delivery or not. If you don't really want to subscribe because you only want it once just set it to 6 months and remember to cancel the subscription (all done online with a few clicks) before 6 months have passed as you only get charged by Amazon once the product has shipped.

Also the price when I first bought this from Amazon back in September 2013 was £42.81 (maybe it was on some special promotion) but it has now jumped to £49.75 in only 6 months!!! Hopefully this price increase doesn't continue to happen since I plan on buying this for the rest of the year!

Sapphire 11189-00-20G HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Sapphire 11189-00-20G HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card!, 5 Dec. 2011
This card performs great at a reasonable price (at the time of this review). Can play Crysis which looks amazing! & Shogun Total War 2 on highest settings @ 1360 x 768 on my 1080p HDTV getting decent frames averaging 30 FPS.

But on Crysis my Intel dual core E5400 2.7 ghz CPU gets maxed out when playing, though the graphics card doesn't.
On Shogun total war 2 the graphics card gets nearly maxed out but my dual core CPU doesn't (uses 100% of one core & around 50% of the other).

Also worth noting that I cannot find any GPU monitor gadget on Windows 7 64bt that works with this card. So I'm using the AMD program "System Monitor" (should be easy to find with Google) which is ok for me but it doesn't show temperature readouts.
I'm currently using a HDMI cable to connect to my 32" Sony HDTV but when I change the resolution to 1080P the image doesn't look right for some reason.

I think having a quad core CPU with this card would result in slightly better games performance than a dual core and it would also let you run programs in the background with ease without slowing down any game you're playing

Overall great card which I think I'll use for at least 4 yrs (I upgraded from an integrated graphics card on the motherboard so this was a huge step up in quality)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 8:44 PM GMT

80mm PC Computer Chassis Case Cooling Fan Quiet 8cm
80mm PC Computer Chassis Case Cooling Fan Quiet 8cm
Offered by CDL Micro

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & powerful but LOUD fan!, 23 Aug. 2010
Bought this cheap fan from CDL Micro with the picture shown as 'Sabre' but the actual item that arrived was a 'Logilink' fan (specs shown below)

The Logilink fan does move alot of air at 50CFM which you can feel when putting your hand next to it but does create alot of noise 32.6 db (A) & as it does not have a 3 pin motherboard connection you cannot change its speed in the bios settings to help reduce the speed & thus the noise it makes.

So if noise is an issue you won't be happy hearing the constant distracting whirring sound that this fan makes.

I have just ordered the Sharkoon Case Fan (because I want a silent computer) which is £3 more than this fan but boasts lower noise 17.8 dB(A) & 22.70 CFM. It also comes with a 3 pin motherboard connection, hopefully as per the reviews for this fan I will bearly be able to hear it.

In summary this fan is probably best for those who don't mind the noise & need a cheap powerful fan due to high computer temperatures.

Specification:

Port: 5.25 inch double Y-connector

Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Seagate 1TB drive - Highly recommended, 14 Feb. 2009
Fast delivery no problems.
Works great with XP or Vista easy to use.
Works perfect on PS3 after using Seagate DiscWizard (free software on Seagate website) to convert drive to FAT 32 format.
Powers down automatically when PC/PS3 is shut down.
Does exactly what it says on the tin & with 5 yrs warranty you can't go wrong with this reliable hard drive.
I have had the drive for just over 1 month & no problems yet.
Highly recommended for anyone who wants that extra reliable storage & wants to use it on their PS3 as well.