Profile for Londoner > Reviews

Content by Londoner

Londoner (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ThumbsUp Zombie Gnome
ThumbsUp Zombie Gnome
Offered by Gadget Grotto

5.0 out of 5 stars zombie goodness, 19 Jun 2014
Was bought this as a b'day prezzie as a mick-take over how much I enjoy my new hobby of gardening and it made me laugh! Seems well made, rather big too! The only thing I was concerned about is the paint - wasn't sure it would last so I sprayed it with clear acrylic and it came up a treat - looks even more sinister glossy somehow! Hopefully protect it better against the elements.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox 360)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox 360)
Offered by Reloadgames

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really the wolfenstein that you know., 3 Jun 2014
I am a huge fan of quake, doom, wolfenstein, have been since my big brothers introduced me to it as a kid. I bought the last wolfenstein and played it far too many times so was really pleased to see that they were going to bring this one out.

I don't like it.. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it doesn't resemble the original at all, it the same as many other shooting games out there.

Only been playing for a while, but there's no nazi's saying 'mein leben' when you kill em, no hidden places/secrets (unless I've missed em all!) and none of the original charm. The game so far is just shooting with many many cinema cuts telling a story. If you like that kind of take your brain out FPS with good graphics, then great, it's perfect. If you like the old school games then perhaps you may be a little disappointed like me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2014 11:58 AM BST

Here's Looking At You
Here's Looking At You
by Mhairi McFarlane

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love it., 8 April 2014
This review is from: Here's Looking At You (Paperback)
Like a lot of folk who've written reviews, I'd read the first book and thought it was great!

However, seems the 'difficult second book' is a bit of a failure. Sorry if I upset anyone! It's not often that I give up on a book, but I've done that with this one. Got two thirds though before I finally admitted defeat... I love reading in bed just before I go to sleep but this book I was dreading having to keep reading so gave up.

I found the whole storyline dull, belittling to victims of bullies and quite corny. Anna, the main character, still couldn't move forward from being bullied over ten years after leaving school. Her pain, her feelings are mentioned throughout but all is healed when she finds love. Ughhh.

You'll be ok victims out there, as long as you turn from an ugly duckling into a swan and find a fella. This is not a good book.

Cyberjammies Balancing Act Print Pj Women's Pyjamas Pant
Cyberjammies Balancing Act Print Pj Women's Pyjamas Pant

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very small sizes, 16 Feb 2014
but luckily I'd read other reviews on that so ordered a size bigger. Thin, very soft material, comfy, bright and cheerful. And for this price, an absolute bargain.

Step Back in Time
Step Back in Time
by Ali McNamara

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy!, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Step Back in Time (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book - credit to the author because every time the main character moved into another era, I both didn't want the era to end and also enjoyed reading the new era! The thing I also really liked about this book above her earlier one was that it wasn't OTT romantic. Much more interesting than that.

I Heart Christmas
I Heart Christmas
by Lindsey Kelk

3.0 out of 5 stars Too.... much., 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Heart Christmas (Paperback)
Like most folk here, I've read all of the I heart series. This latest, well... Hmmm. The first book was the best, you could really sympathise with Angela and cheered her on when she made a new life for herself. Everyone has gone through their own struggles and it was something I could relate somewhat to.

Then there seemed to be a slow trend with the other books to make Angela spoilt. This last one, well, I found it annoying. She had everything, editor of a fashion mag, a hot husband, great friends and an exciting life in NY. What does she do? She moans about not getting her way all of the time. Moans about a new home, moans about Christmas plans being changed, moans about her parents. Wow, half her luck! Then I read about baby problems and I am supposed to now, as a reader, feel sorry for her and forgive her for being a thoroughly spoilt brat.

I also don't think I like the way that she is written to be inapt. Comically making silly mistakes and little belief in herself, and yet she becomes an editor of a magazine. These things do not come hand in hand, you got to be fairly clued up to run a magazine! And the obsession of the author to keep writing about designer shoes and bags is getting a little dull too.

I think I have fallen out of 'Heart' with these books. Real shame because the author was so excellent with her first book.

Paddington Bear 20cm Cuddly Traditional Bear
Paddington Bear 20cm Cuddly Traditional Bear

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same, 2 Dec 2013
Bought as a present, cute but it's not exactly like the photo. No mouth on the one I have, nor shiny nose - which is not central. The head is not on straight either! I wish the seller's would update their photo to save disappointment as it looks a little naff.

Ladies Nutty Squirrel With Multiple Acorns Socks
Ladies Nutty Squirrel With Multiple Acorns Socks
Offered by Itzagift

3.0 out of 5 stars cute socks, 25 Nov 2013
but these made by New Look and are only £1.99 at New Look! I saw them in the shop the other day when I was picking up a different pair of squirrel socks.

Shop around instead of this expensive seller.

Suck Uk Cat Play house - Fire Engine
Suck Uk Cat Play house - Fire Engine

2.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted to love it..., 23 Nov 2013
But...

Ok, will start with the positive. Its cute. It very cute! The attention to detail in the pictures is well thought out - inside and out. That's where it ends.

However, the design of it itself wasn't so well thought out. Putting it together was pretty frustrating. The fire engine is made with two pieces of card stuck together with a bright design on each side. But the two layers of cardboard flaked apart a lot of times on the joins just by simply bending them in the places you're supposed to. That was before any attempts to jam them in their intended slots, jam them in is exactly that as a lot of them didn't line up well.

Then there were a few more design faults - trying to secure the ladders was impossible. First of all the punched out holes where you are supposed to attach it to other bits of card, well, one is nearly completely covered when you fold the same bit of card like you're supposed to.. Huh? Who thought that out? Then there is a box part that attaches the ladder to the actual fire engine and far too big - I've had to cut the fire engine in order to get it to fit.

It would be worth it if the cat like it, but the cat looked at me like I was a total idiot when I presented his new toy. Perhaps he is right - I did just pay a lot of money for a cardboard box!

Blistex Intensive Moisturiser Spf 6 5g
Blistex Intensive Moisturiser Spf 6 5g
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all!, 27 Jun 2013
I've recently been put on accutane, and the common side effect of this is peeling, dry lips which can split. I've been trying out various lip treatments/moisturisers and this is pretty good but it doesn't stay on very well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5