Profile for Londoner > Reviews

Content by Londoner

Londoner (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Morphy Richards 100004 Aspect Stainless Steel Kettle - Titanium
Morphy Richards 100004 Aspect Stainless Steel Kettle - Titanium

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 1 Feb. 2016
Expensive kettle but having read the customer reviews of far too many kettles, this one came out the best. Am glad (so far) that I did buy it as it seems well made, sturdy too. It's a bit butch looking compared to the kettles I've had before but I do like it nevertheless.

Tea tastes good and the metallic taste and smell when it was new took 4 boils to get rid of and now it's fine. I really like the sturdy switch to turn it on and the way you don't have to turn it back on if you interrupt the boiling for any reason and the bright light is great. It's also the quietest kettle I've ever owned and still boils quite quickly.

The hidden element is good, the wide lid is handy for seeing where the water is and it will make life easy for cleaning. The lid, as some folk have said, takes some getting used to as it has to be lined up perfectly. I've had no problem with this but it irritates my better half. The only thing I found a bit trickier is pouring water into hot water bottles, even more care has to be made.

All in all, a good buy but only time will tell if it lasts.

Update 10/2/16
After just over 2 weeks of use, with mainly filtered water, this kettle loves to build up limescale. More than any kettle I've ever known! Esp around the lid. Going to need much more regular cleaning, sadly.

Heritage Playing Cards. Fish. Fresh Water & Sea. [Toy]
Heritage Playing Cards. Fish. Fresh Water & Sea. [Toy]
Offered by Steenbergs

5.0 out of 5 stars said the cards were excellent. Good variety of fish included and good quality, 3 Nov. 2015
Bought for a fisherman, said the cards were excellent. Good variety of fish included and good quality.

1 X MICROWAVE PAIN RELIEVER FRAGRANCED WHEAT BAG LAVENDER RANDOM COLOURS
1 X MICROWAVE PAIN RELIEVER FRAGRANCED WHEAT BAG LAVENDER RANDOM COLOURS
Offered by LANGTREES

2.0 out of 5 stars Colour transfer, 5 Aug. 2015
Good amount of filling, holds heat well, however the colour cover has stained my bed sheets and doesn't wash out.

Vitax Nippon Ant Killer Liquid 25g
Vitax Nippon Ant Killer Liquid 25g

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish product. Put it direct into a few ant ..., 3 Aug. 2015
Rubbish product. Put it direct into a few ant nests outside my house and waited... 2 weeks later ants are alive and kicking!

Ozkleen Kitchen Power Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 2)
Ozkleen Kitchen Power Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 2)
Offered by Innox Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, really works fab and the most important ..., 3 Aug. 2015
Great product, really works fab and the most important part is it's not tested on animals! Seller sent fast, but it did leak a little due to pretty rubbish packaging and Ozkleen's bottle design.

Summer at Shell Cottage
Summer at Shell Cottage
by Lucy Diamond

2.0 out of 5 stars I've enjoyed Lucy's other books very much, 3 Aug. 2015
Such a shame! I've enjoyed Lucy's other books very much, but this.... well, it's just dull. Sure, it reads ok, the characters are ok, and Lucy Diamond writes ok, but the story itself is very very bland, predictable and nothing was given any depth. I was left with the feeling that I'd just wasted my time when I finished the book.

Bayer Garden Slug & Snail Killer 1kg
Bayer Garden Slug & Snail Killer 1kg
Offered by Shop4allsorts Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, sadly, 7 May 2015
Having read the great reviews and seeing that this is a stronger product with the ingredients, I bought a bottle of this stuff. Planted my new, healthy runner beans down the allotment and scattered a few of these around, and the Bayer slug bait too - neither of them worked. All the plants have been eaten over two nights, and not a single dead slug body to be found, leaving me with no evidence that's it's worked or even been eaten.

Lily's Kitchen Organic Chicken Dinner for Cats 100 g (Pack of 16)
Lily's Kitchen Organic Chicken Dinner for Cats 100 g (Pack of 16)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cat likes it, I don't!, 12 Feb. 2015
Cat seems to like it most of the time (tho sometimes walks away) but it turns my stomach when I chop it up for him. It absolutely stinks like the worst school dinner from childhood and some tins have hard lumps in them, am guessing dried up livers or something. The best was yesterday I opened a tin which had part of an artery in it which made me gag. I wish they could mash the stuff up a bit better because it really makes me think the quality control isn't up to much.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Far far too small, 6 Jan. 2015
These boots are gorgeous, look fantastic and I loved everything about them - except the size. I have size 8 feet - these boots in size 8 don't even come up close. I struggled to get my feet in the boot and once I did I feared I'd not get them off again! Not sure where the idea of Hudson boots being another half a size bigger came from, certainly not true in the pair I had. More like a 7 than an 8, let alone an 8.5. It's with a little sadness that I send them back and the hunt for the perfect biker boot continues!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 10:57 AM GMT

Be Stiff: The Stiff Records Story
Be Stiff: The Stiff Records Story
by Richard Balls

2.0 out of 5 stars reissue already?, 29 Nov. 2014
Bought as a gift 20 days after the release date and yet I have a black copy. Why is this a reissue so soon after publication date? Disappointed.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2015 11:08 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7