Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Earth Star
Earth Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant follow-up to Earth Girl, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Earth Star (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved Earth Girl and have been waiting impatiently for this second book. It did not disappoint. Janet Edwards has written another exciting adventure about Jarra and her friends, and I read the entire story during two long train journeys yesterday! Just as with the first book, Jarra is a totally believable heroine. She's strong, independent and likeable, but also has enough realistic flaws as a character for the reader to be able to identify with her. It's a real page-turner of a book with Jarra and Fian bouncing from one incident to another. Dig sites can be dangerous places, and the tension really gets racked up for a few events. I'm now hanging on for book 3 as I need to know what happens next with the sphere, what happens between Fian's parents, what happens between Fian and Jarra, what's going to happen with Petra after the Joth incident... how am I going to wait a year?! Hurry up, Janet Edwards!

The Rithmatist
The Rithmatist

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and gripping, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Rithmatist (Kindle Edition)
This book has an intriguing concept and gripping plot. Fun, believable characters add to a very enjoyable read. I loved it, and now have a painful wait for book 2 to find out what happens next!

Motherload (Stardrifter Book 1)
Motherload (Stardrifter Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read - I want more!, 15 Nov 2012
I'm just starting to return to sci fi after a long break, and thought this was worth a try as the synopsis sounded interesting and it's a good price. I was *very* pleasantly surprised at what a good read this is! The plot is really quite gripping and has a bit of a twist at the end (which I won't spoil for you). I also liked how the hero was a normal person, yet still interesting so that you want to keep reading more about them. I'll definitely buy more books in this series as and when they come out. Recommended!

Earth Girl
Earth Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - can't wait for more, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Earth Girl (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best books I've read so far this year, and I get through a fair few! Other reviews cover the storyline well, so I'll stick to saying that the book is tightly plotted, fast paced and very well written. I was hooked from the first sentence and couldn't put it down. The characters - even minor ones - are brought to life so convincingly that by the end of the book, I felt I really knew them. It's so refreshing to have a heroine who is not only likeable, but also genuinely independent and resourceful. I can't wait to read more from this very talented author.

Yours to Command
Yours to Command

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommended read, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Yours to Command (Kindle Edition)
This is a great start to what I hope will be an ongoing series about the two characters, Rory and Jack. As other reviewers have said, don't look at the genre and think you can only read this book if you're a gay bloke - I'm a straight female and absolutely loved it! Rory and Jack are two fantastic characters and by the end you're really hoping they'll overcome the obstacles and get together. It's a complete book in itself, and very well written, but there are also enough 'loose ends' that I need to find out what happens next - I can see this becoming an exciting and tense crime/mystery series. Recommended!

The Wildwood Tarot
The Wildwood Tarot
by Mark Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning artwork, deep with meaning, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Wildwood Tarot (Paperback)
I am delighted with my Wildwood and I am finding it excellent for intuitive use as well as with the 'set meanings'. The artwork is stunning and each card is packed with layers of meaning. If you are attracted to this pack at first glance, chances are you will find it resonates very deeply for you. Highly recommended.

Growing Your Inner Light: A guide to independent spiritual practice
Growing Your Inner Light: A guide to independent spiritual practice
by Lara Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, highly recommended, 16 Aug 2011
I bought this book on impulse, while searching for something else! When it arrived, I liked it so much that I bought a second copy for a friend who I felt would also enjoy it. The book is very practical. It's divided into 13 chapters and the idea is that you work through one chapter per lunar month. This makes it very do-able as it is in bite size chunks that can be fitted in around a busy work-life schedule. Each chapter deals with a different aspect of finding your own spiritual path. The author doesn't tell you WHAT to think or believe, more HOW to think and what to do to reach answers for yourself that are right for you. I really like this approach. Overall, this is a very enjoyable book that you can start to put into practice immediately. Recommended!

Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 22 May 2011
After reading a short sample of this book, I found my mind kept coming back to it, wondering what would happen to the characters and how the story would end. In the end, I had to buy the book to find out - I was hooked! This is a well-written story which keeps you turning the pages. The dystopian setting feels very real, and I think many people will identify with the main character who has a journey of personal growth through the challenges and conflicts she faces. The ending leaves you wanting more - what will happen to them now? Will they ultimately get a happy-ever-after? I can't wait for the rest of the trilogy to find out!

Write to be Published
Write to be Published
by Nicola Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have book for any writer, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Write to be Published (Paperback)
If you know why publishers say 'No', you can apply that to your own work to increase your chances of a 'Yes'. Nicola Morgan's no-nonsense style is a breath of fresh air compared to many flowery and meandering how-to books for writers. She gets straight to the point, setting out what will be covered and then covering it clearly. You are left with a good grasp of how and where to improve your writing and submissions to increase your chances of getting published. The 'resources' section at the end is very useful. Highly recommended!

Almost True
Almost True
by Keren David

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book from Keren David, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Almost True (Paperback)
Straight after finishing "When I Was Joe" (book 1) I ordered this on the kindle and ended up reading both books the same day. Keren David has pulled it out of the bag again - another brilliant book with not only our favourite characters from book 1, but also a set of new characters - some of whom are very interesting indeed! *Subliminal message: Buy this book!*

Page: 1 | 2