Profile for Beck > Reviews

Naomi's Room
by Jonathan Aycliffe
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as gripping as I had thought..., 13 Mar. 2014
Tension and chills wise the story doesn't really get going for me until over halfway through the book. Up until then I found it easy to put down which for me is a sign that its not gripping enough.

Massacre at Columbine High
Massacre at Columbine High
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Massacre at Columbine High (DVD)
Very disturbing and chilling account of a school massacre. Very well acted out epsecially the two main leads. I dithered about buying this dvd because it was under an hour long. I expected it to be a rushed through shallow account of the events, but I was wrong. It covered all the bases without resorting to 'what ifs'. In the end it allows you to make up your own mind about why you two teenagers went on the rampage rather than pointing you towards a conclusion thats been decided based on the film makes point of view. I highly recommend the book on this massacre. As you would expect it goes into far more detail about their lives and the reasons that may have led to this tradegy.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Gift Box - £50 (Plaid Globe)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Gift Box - £50 (Plaid Globe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, 21 Feb. 2014
I wish for gift cards every year but alas end up with unwanted gifts that I have to haul to the charity shop. Sorry to sound ungrateful but I don't do white glittery sweaters and blue eyeshadow at my age. These cards are a really good way of letting people choose their own gifts.

The Complete Bagpuss [1974] [DVD]
The Complete Bagpuss [1974] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Oliver Postgate
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars He's a bit baggy around the seams..., 21 Feb. 2014
How I wish this kind of kids programme would return to TV instead of all that Horrid Henry and Ben and Holly nonsense. I'm pleased to say this was loved and watched more than once by the new generation of kids in my family. roll on The Clangers and Hectors House.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars There's a difference but not a huge one, 21 Feb. 2014
I've been using it since Christmas and can see a mild difference in the sagging chin and jowl areas. I'm going to keep at it as it would seem silly not too. Yes the product itself does have a bit of a cheap Made in Taiwan feel to it however if it does the job who cares.

Angry Birds Star Wars (Xbox 360)
Angry Birds Star Wars (Xbox 360)
Offered by EVERGAME

3.0 out of 5 stars Not addictive for some., 21 Feb. 2014
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my nephew. He took time in exploring a few levesl however found it boring and returned to his old Lego Harry Potter game instead.

The Children [DVD]
The Children [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rachel Shelley
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids will be kids, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Children [DVD] (DVD)
I found the couples/adult characters really irritating so couldn't really relate or feel sorry for them when they nippers started going haywire. Nevertheless I really enjoyed the film and it kept its pace right up until the end. Where a lot of scary films lose their edge towards the end I found the last fifteen minutes the most scary. Would watch again, after a reasonable gap of time.

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story [DVD]
We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dick Zondag
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best childrens films, 20 Feb. 2014
Its so strange that some of the best kids films like this one and Help I'm A Fish are not big Hollywood blockbusters. This really is such an enjoyable film for all the family no matter the age. So good in fact my nephews and I watched it twice in a row. Very highly recommended.

Haribo Jelly Beans Sweets 600 Pieces Full Tub
Haribo Jelly Beans Sweets 600 Pieces Full Tub
Offered by ZUVO

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift idea, 20 Feb. 2014
I don't like Haribo sweets so was able to resist tucking in to these as I got them for a gift for a Haribo junky. A full to the brim tub so very cost effective, unlike some of the tinned or boxed sweets where one finds upon opening that its only half full.

It Luggage Worlds Lightest Backpack
It Luggage Worlds Lightest Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Very light and design wise good., 20 Feb. 2014
Design wise its very smart, it looks quite high end and its extremely light compared to my old heavy cotton rucksack. Plenty of useful flaps, slits and pockets. Its roomy enough maybe to use for overnight stay - laptop, toiletries, undies and a basic change of clothes - other than that a good bag for school/college etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9