Profile for A. Frost > Reviews

Content by A. Frost

A. Frost "PuppyController" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
I Can Make You Hate
I Can Make You Hate

5.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy brilliance, 6 July 2014
Outstandingly grumpy Charlie Brooker at his best. The perfect antidote to uncontained joy and hope.

New 2014 Summer Mens Shirts Hawaiian Island Short Sleeves Graphic Print Palm Beach Flower
Offered by Evoque

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and very cheerful!, 6 July 2014
Good value, busy design shirt. The colours are quite muted, not as bright as you might expect, but this actually makes the shirt practical for a wider range of uses.

Wireless Qi Power Charger Pad For Nokia Lumia 920 , Lumia 820 and Google Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 i9500 Note II N7100 Note3 N9000 N9005 HTC 8X , Droid DNA, LG DIL, LTE2 BC252O
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart little charger, 6 July 2014
Great little item, beeps if device to be charged is not correctly aligned. Looks very smart on desk.

Lite Up Horseshoes Game
Lite Up Horseshoes Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly, messy, battery-eating fun, 6 July 2014
Nicely presented in the box, but fiddly to fill with water and the supplied batteries lasted only around 2 minutes on more than half of the horseshoes. Make sure you also buy a set of replacement batteries (you need three L1131 button cells in every light-up item, so 30 button batteries in all) and a tiny crosshead screwdriver, or you could have some very disappointed players! You'll also need a very dark space to play too as the LEDs are not very bright. Good, fun idea though, but quite messy and fiddly to get set up.

Kamor® NFC tags - Mifare 1K, S50 - 10 X Waterproof NFC Tags + 1 X Free NFC Key Chain + Stickers, WILL NOT WORK with Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus(Nexus 4 or 10...), Google Nexus 5, Blackberry and Nokia products(Mifare 1K, S50)
Offered by YoSpace.U

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusing product description made me buy the wrong thing!, 5 Dec 2013
While I can now see that the product description states that these NFC tags will *not* work with certain devices, I didn't read this properly at the time of ordering. I have a Nokia Lumia phone, so these tags are no good for me. But I didn't spot the *not* word because I, like most online shoppers, scanned the page and didn't read every word.

UPDATE: the seller contacted me and has agreed to amend the product title and remove all mentions of incompatible devices. They have also replaced my incompatible NFC tags. I'm grateful for their help and good customer service and have adjusted my product review score accordingly. Thanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 3:22 AM GMT

DSL-Brodit Nokia N9 or Lumia 800 Brodit Active holder with cig-plug. Fits All Countries - #512297
Offered by DSLDevelopments

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to keep your phone to hand in a vehicle, 29 Nov 2013
I've used several Brodit active chargers over the years, changing the charging plate each time I upgrade my mobile phone. You do need to first purchase and fit the correct baseplate for your vehicle, and then you simply screw the suitable phone holder to the front. Take care not to drop the screws - they're really small and a devil to find on your car carpet!

The 'passive' chargers are almost identical but they don't have a charging cord, they simply hold the phone in place. I want to know my phone is charged at all times, especially on long journeys, so the active charger always made more sense to me.

The mounts are all made to precisely match the phone they're designed for. A nice snug fit that guarantees your phone charges all the time the car engine is running. Not the cheapest solution for sure, but certainly the best in my experience.

LINDY 2m Folding UK Plug to Fig. 8 Mains Power Lead
LINDY 2m Folding UK Plug to Fig. 8 Mains Power Lead
Offered by Renshaw House

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 Mar 2013
A really neat solution to 'bag bulge' which has plagued me since buying an ultraportable laptop that still requires an ultrabulky UK plug! The earth pin is plastic and feels a bit flimsy but I've had no issues using this plug for several months now. All plugs should be this tiny!

iGloo Premium: Soft Velvet Pouch Cover Case for the Nokia Lumia 800 - Orange
iGloo Premium: Soft Velvet Pouch Cover Case for the Nokia Lumia 800 - Orange
Offered by iGloo Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 25 Mar 2013
Too small for the Nokia Lumia 800. Returned to the seller and received a refund. Might be suitable if you use your Lumia 800 without the silicone cover but otherwise don't bother. It won't fit in.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £30 (Kindle)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £30 (Kindle)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a card that Amazon delivers quite fast, 25 Mar 2013
If you can't be bothered to choose a gift for your loved ones, a gift card is still marginally better than saying "I couldn't be bothered to buy you a gift." You get a gift card in a card; it's like a card sandwich (easy on the mayonnaise). Not recommended for important wedding anniversaries, children under 3 or pets. Otherwise this really is a one-size-fits-all solution to the lazy gift-buyer's woes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome recorder, 25 Mar 2013
Really great audio recorder. I took lots of advice before buying and am glad I did. While the Zoom H4n is a fairly heavy lump of kit, ithe sound quality is so good I find myself carrying it with me most of the time. Battery drain is rapid so buy the best batteries you can afford! I also bought a wind muff because these mics are too sensitive without this in anything but the calmest indoor conditions.

Page: 1 | 2