Profile for snowie > Reviews

Content by snowie

snowie

Page: 1 | 2
Gerber Crucial Multitool (Green)
Gerber Crucial Multitool (Green)
Offered by Five Star
Price: 29.90

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit slack, 3 May 2014
Main blade is slack, in fact the carabiner has more resistance to being opened. Could be dangerous in pocket or bag if blade opens, even slightly. I'm in email correspond'ce with Gerber. Maybe just a screw to tighten, but not what I expected. Looks great, feels good, but worries me.

Syphon pump - 15-25 litre drum/plastic container
Syphon pump - 15-25 litre drum/plastic container
Offered by INDUSTRACHEM
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise surprise!, 3 May 2014
I bought on impulse; used old petrol in lawnmower, just back from service. Engine wouldn't run, bought this to empty tank. Expected it to disappoint; but what a fantastic surprise. Worked great, just finished cutting the grass. Very pleased.

Powerful Watercolor Landscapes: 30 Tools for Painting with Impact
Powerful Watercolor Landscapes: 30 Tools for Painting with Impact
by Catherine Gill
Edition: Ring-bound
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 7 Dec 2013
This book has really impressed and inspired me. I was almost speechless when I opened the book. Great. If I can produce paintings with one tenth of the flair of these, then I shall be very happy.

Water in Watercolour (Art Handbooks)
Water in Watercolour (Art Handbooks)
by Joe Francis Dowden
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing printing, 7 Dec 2013
Maybe not the actual printing quality, maybe it's the illustrations that are just not very clear? There's not enough contrast between the white of the watercolour paper and the masking fluid, for instance. The photo's of technique are just feint, and it's not at all easy to see the technique. A real pity, because the author is clearly a very very good artist

Acrylics (Collins 30-Minute Painting)
Acrylics (Collins 30-Minute Painting)
by Soraya French
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to Acrylics, 18 Sep 2013
These 30 minute books are great, I love them. I'll have a go at using Acrylics at some time. I'm sticking with Watercolours at the moment, because I think I will be equally challenged as I am presently by Watercolours. This book helped me make that decision, and will help me when I decide to have a go!

Fiskars Large General Purpose Scissor, 24cm
Fiskars Large General Purpose Scissor, 24cm
Price: 15.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 18 Sep 2013
You pay for quality; but it doesn't disappoint. I'd rather pay for quality than be disappointed, they feel good in the hand and cut beautifully.

White adjustable Hit and Miss vent cover 9" x 6" with added flyscreen
White adjustable Hit and Miss vent cover 9" x 6" with added flyscreen
Offered by Maunders
Price: 4.08

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsy, 18 Sep 2013
I shall probably buy another one: because I have two airbricks that I want to draughtproof, and you can see them both at the same time. It would be odd to have different ones side by side.
However, they are flimsy, and it will require more work than I had hoped to fix them. I think the holes for the screws should be slotted, so that you can ensure that the fixed part of the grille can be fixed flat to the wall,( as it is the holes have to be very accurate, otherwise the grille will not be flat) and even when closed, the vent will not be sealed, and the wind will whistle thro'

Blue Transparent Anti Slip Safe Bath Mat
Blue Transparent Anti Slip Safe Bath Mat

4.0 out of 5 stars suckers!, 13 Aug 2013
suckers so good it sticks to wall tiles and drains great. don't use on a bath, but plenty of room on mat.

10-Minute Watercolours (Collins Gem)
10-Minute Watercolours (Collins Gem)
by Hazel Soan
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Size isn't everything, 9 May 2013
This is a brilliant, inspiring and accessible book. The examples shown, and the range of projects is awesome for such a compact instuctional book. I hope I can do it justice. I particularly like the 2-colour and 3-colour projects, and the "accuracy or ambiguity" section.
Great book, thank you

Toolzone 9 LED Aluminium Stubby Torch With Batteries
Toolzone 9 LED Aluminium Stubby Torch With Batteries
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars bright but......., 14 Dec 2011
I ordered it as a stocking-filler; not very exciting maybe, but practical. The torch is very good, and I ordered expecting a polished aluminium one, but the one I got was black and is too big to fit on fit on a keyring. It may have been impractical for that use, maybe some dimensions would help too. It's very bright and good value, but not as shown in the advertisement. That seems not to be unusual with internet purchases.

Page: 1 | 2