Profile for Don > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Buffalo HD-PCF1.0U3BB-EU 1TB MiniStation Portable USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Hard Drive
Buffalo HD-PCF1.0U3BB-EU 1TB MiniStation Portable USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly portable drive, 22 Dec. 2014
Now own three of these (design changed slightly between second and third) and experienced no problem myself so far and can only speak as I find. Very portable in protective case (extra, but cheap) and one lives with me on the road throughout the summer. USB 3 will help some and transfer rates seem reasonable although I haven't bothered to try and measure them. Main plus for me - so compact and, in its case, well protected when travelling.

Aurora AS1023CD 12 Sheet Paper Shredder with Large 18L Pull-Out Waste Bin
Aurora AS1023CD 12 Sheet Paper Shredder with Large 18L Pull-Out Waste Bin

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't locate that though but happy with this so far, 22 Dec. 2014
Not sure how it would cope with 12 sheets but two or three no problem and a staple here or there just slows machine temporarily. Have shredded one credit card and that worked OK but wouldn't suggest using it more than occasionally for that purpose! More substantially built than previous models from other manufacturers that I've owned. Have yet to insert a CD...

They used to make a neat one that clipped over any receptacle you wished (I'm told). Couldn't locate that though but happy with this so far.

The West Wing - Complete Season 1-7 [DVD] [2006]
The West Wing - Complete Season 1-7 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Martin Sheen

5.0 out of 5 stars Snappy dialogue and a good example of the best of US TV, 29 Oct. 2014
Proving to be totally addictive. Snappy dialogue and a good example of the best of US TV.

Push CMC Thumb brace Size 2 Right (19.5-22.5cm circumference)
Push CMC Thumb brace Size 2 Right (19.5-22.5cm circumference)
Offered by Vitego-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful if you have to use painful thumb in a ..., 29 Oct. 2014
Useful if you have to use painful thumb in a heavy list of some such, but found if worn too long, my thumb anyway started to 'freeze' up. I suspect everyone's experience is going to be different!! It was recommended by my consultant.

Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD]
Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ethan Hawke

5.0 out of 5 stars The best trilogy for years, 16 Mar. 2014
I simply cannot understand how anyone could give this series a single star rating. I became as wrapped up in the first film to the same extent as it appears the principle players did, and spurred them to make the second and finally a third. (As I write I have still to watch 'Before Midnight'.)

Both the first two in this series provide an insight into an unusually deep relationship that builds very slowly and takes in a huge range of subjects. It is a very 'talky' film and not one to watch if in a light and relaxed mood - there is much to make you think here on the pros and cons of all sorts of subjects. Watch it (them) when you can settle down and concentrate. It's a film(s) for the intellect as well as the emotion, and they are few and far between. (See Alan Alda's 'Same Time Next Year' for a similarly thoughtful and clever film).

Friends With Benefits [DVD] [2011]
Friends With Benefits [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Justin Timberlake

5.0 out of 5 stars Rom Com or humorous? Either way buy it!, 16 Mar. 2014
There are many reviews here giving an outline of the plot so I won't trouble to repeat that. It would hardly be a spoiler as we all know which way these films go, but I have to agree with others that it's the getting there which creates the humour (and the romance I guess). Although many seemed to like his contribution I felt Woody Harrelson just a little too 'over the top' but the rest of the supporting cast were quite simply perfect. This film kept a smile on my face for much of the time, even when it dealt, very sensitively I felt, with dementia.

If you've read other reviews then you'll already have heard it said - buy it!

Collins 52 2013 A5 Day to a Page Desk Diary - Black
Collins 52 2013 A5 Day to a Page Desk Diary - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for appointments, 8 Jan. 2014
Not quite ideal for me since most entries are weekends where it's 2-days/page instead of one. If that's not a problem, this will do you fine.

There She Goes
There She Goes

5.0 out of 5 stars The sounds of cricket, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: There She Goes (MP3 Download)
Having heard this many times during one-day cricket matches I had to find out from a player what it was (the problems of being of an earlier generation). Now, in the car, it brings back thoughts of summer.

eSynic® Latest Version 1.3 WPS 300Mbps Wireless Wifi Repeater Range Network Router Extender Booster Complies with IEEE 802.11N/G/B Extend Your Wi-Fi Coverage
Offered by EsynicDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 8 Jan. 2014
I had a little trouble setting up this repeater. The 'basic' set-up refused to operate as I would expect from the paperwork supplied. However, having chosen the 'advanced' and inserted what little I knew about my Internet connection (essentially what everyone should know) and leaving everything else as the default, it connection fine. Prior to this one of my two computers would connect with a speed of around 1Mbps typical and the other failed to pick up the signal at all. Now I expect a minimum connection speed at least 10 times this and frequently speeds of 14Mbps or more (Virgin).

My advice - don't let my experience with the basic set-up put you off. This little item is superb value for money, as now I not only have faster Internet access but am no longer pushing and pulling memory sticks in and out to transfer data from one computer to another!!

Buy it!

The Lion's Roar
The Lion's Roar

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual sound, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Lion's Roar (Audio CD)
Most unusual sound produced by these two. I find it quite haunting but my wife hates it. All a matter of taste but I heard it in a shop as musak (and later at a hotel I was staying in) and couldn't resist.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4