Profile for Don > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lexar USB 24-in-1 Multi Card Reader
Lexar USB 24-in-1 Multi Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and Tidy, 2 Dec 2013
I use only CF cards but have tried this reader with SD. It works fine and I especially like the fact it clicks down into a case for protection when not in use as I am frequently carrying it with me. I have had problems with other readers - possibly because of using a USB hub in the past - but this has worked fine for me via laptop docking station.

PIGEON HOLE - CD Media Storage Shelves - Beech
PIGEON HOLE - CD Media Storage Shelves - Beech

4.0 out of 5 stars Masses of storage, 2 Dec 2013
Fun to put together and really not cleverly thought out as CD storage for the pigeon holes are too deep. A small cross-section strip of wood was cut to the length of the hole to bring the CDs forward or removing them for the compartment was very difficult. That said it's worth doing and gives a much improved appearance too.

Putting it together required the usual flat-pack head scratching but I have come across worse instructions.

Final verdict - does the job - now the strips of wood have been slipped into each compartment - and looks fine.

Same Time, Next Year [DVD][1978]
Same Time, Next Year [DVD][1978]
Dvd ~ Ellen Burstyn

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 2 Dec 2013
This is Alda at his searching best. Plenty to enjoy, and think about, in what I consider a cinema classic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin., 2 Dec 2013
Been running for some moths since I purchased with no troubles. Quiet and - while I have no idea of speed etc - it has worked fine for me. Being a semi-pro photographer, storage is all important and this serves as the desk-top backup.

Lafuma CNO LFM1249-3862 Compact Folding Chair
Lafuma CNO LFM1249-3862 Compact Folding Chair

4.0 out of 5 stars Very lightweight, 2 Dec 2013
As a sports photographer I need a lightweight chair and with a weak back and too much kit already to carry, these are perfect. They may not be the ultimate in comfort but they weigh in so light that more than makes up for it with the use I have for it.

Hi-Tec Sports Unisex Squash Classic Trainer White/Green 62622 8 UK
Hi-Tec Sports Unisex Squash Classic Trainer White/Green 62622 8 UK
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect comfort, 2 Dec 2013
My everyday shoe - perfect comfort. And soles that don't mark delicate indoor boards whether at sports halls or elsewhere. Can thoroughly recommend them - and the price is excellent.

Love Soup - Series 1 [DVD]
Love Soup - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tamsin Greig

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent subtle and not so subtle humour, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Love Soup - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and Greig is top rate as are her co-actors. Indeed I would say it's the best humorous series on TV for some years. While I have watched this series more than once, the second series sadly did not, in my opinion, live up to the achievements of the first and I haven't searched for the DVDs of that.

Russia at war,1941-1945
Russia at war,1941-1945
by Alexander Werth
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The best non-fiction war book ever written?, 7 Dec 2012
I am not a great reader - and with very few exceptions what I do read is non-fiction. I find this book totally compelling!!! It is a study, by a writer who spent the war in the Soviet Union, that is as comprehensive an account as I can imagine it would be possible to write both of the politics of the lead-up to war in the east and of the military action. It deals with both the war at the front, war production and the plight of civilians. Indeed it covers every aspect of 1941-1945 that I can think of.

If you have an interest in World War II and not tackled this volume, your reading is incomplete.

It is the only book I have read three times and have packed it in my photo bag for those wet days during the next cricket season when I shall start reading number four.

Buy it!!!!!!

Conspiracy [DVD]
Conspiracy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars A chilling plot, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Conspiracy [DVD] (DVD)
To what extent this screenplay is based on fact I cannot say but it is completely convincing. Branagh is quite simply superb and there's an excellent supporting cast. You can keep your horror genre - this film really is terrifying.

Rolled Gold
Rolled Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars The best selection, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rolled Gold (Audio CD)
Wanting a Stones CD, but not being such a fan that I was hunting a complete collection, I have found this double CD does the job perfectly and has taken me back to the days when I first heard them at the same time as the Stones first released them! There's nothing missing from here that I can't live without.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3