Profile for D. Ramsey > Reviews

Content by D. Ramsey

D. Ramsey "ramsey05@gmail.com" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Trueshopping Bathroom Single Lever Mono Basin Mixer Tap High Quality Brass with Modern Chrome Finish
Offered by Plumb Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprise surprise doesn't last, 17 Oct 2014
The sticky out handle corroded after about 4 months. The rest of the tap is fine.

What do you expect for the price :)

GadgetPod - 3.1A DUAL Port USB Car Charger & 3in1 USB Charging Cable For iPhone 3gs, 4/4s 5/5S/5C / iPad Mini 1,2,3,4 AIR / iPod / Samsung S3, S4, Mini / HTC / Blackberry/ Android

2.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy again, 17 Oct 2014
Well, the cable and adapter broke after 3 months so probably a false economy. Big and bulky plug too.

Not Apple MFI approved either so had a few warnings on my iPhone.

FOOD GRADE 12MM (1/2") BLUE WATER HOSE - PRICE PER METRE
FOOD GRADE 12MM (1/2") BLUE WATER HOSE - PRICE PER METRE
Offered by Big White Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't genuine pipe as used by most caravan manufacturers. I had to re-buy elsewhere., 17 Oct 2014

GE M9 12V/5W G-4
GE M9 12V/5W G-4
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a lightbulb made by GE. So it must be good., 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: GE M9 12V/5W G-4
It's a lightbulb made by GE. So it must be good.

BLACK PLASTIC 50MM CAR TOWING/TOURING TOWBALL/BAR COVER/CAP
BLACK PLASTIC 50MM CAR TOWING/TOURING TOWBALL/BAR COVER/CAP
Offered by Blackmore Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and functional, 17 Oct 2014
Cheap and functional

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks OK and saves your BMW mats, 17 Oct 2014
What I wanted. Doesn't look too cheap and saves your BMW original mats. Colour matches well (5 series beige).

Millers Oils - Diesel Power Eco Max 500ml
Millers Oils - Diesel Power Eco Max 500ml
Offered by Autoshop Bury

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 17 Oct 2014
Well, it did what I thought it should. It made the engine run a tiny bit more economically otherwise I couldn't really tell the difference TBH. Probably worth a shot if you have a 2.0 four pot or less.

California Scents CCSP405 Monterey Vanilla Car Scent
California Scents CCSP405 Monterey Vanilla Car Scent
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the seller, 17 Oct 2014
The one I bought was so rubbish and I believe fake. Has no power and doesn't last.

It's basically 4 strips of compressed cardboard covered in scent. I believe the actual product is gel based.

Avoid!

Lightning to USB Charge & Sync Cable, Apple MFI Certified - Grey & Black, 1m
Lightning to USB Charge & Sync Cable, Apple MFI Certified - Grey & Black, 1m
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes this is the cable you have been looking for, 17 Oct 2014
Yes this is the cable you have been looking for

Yes it's expensive. But it's lightweight, tough, MFI approved by Apple so it won't damage your iPhone

6 weeks in and my cable isn't showing any signs of wear and tear. I am impressed.

Better than the Amazon Basics cable and worth the extra £1. In my experience the Amazon cables don't really last and the connectors are prone to shattering if put under any stress. They also fray eventually.

Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
Tractive GPS Pet Tracker

4.0 out of 5 stars Well, I wouldn't return it!, 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: Tractive GPS Pet Tracker (Misc.)
My cat had an accident and nearly died. I found her just in time hiding in a bush near the house. We think she had an encounter with a combine harvester. As she recovered, I promised myself I'd never lose her again so decided to get a gps or radio tracker.

The Tractive GPS seemed like a good option - ok size, good features and GPS tracking (radio tracking seemed a bit limited). She is only a 3.5kg cat but young and lively so although the tracker looks huge on her collar, it is actually OK. I can see where she has been in the last 24 hours (fascinating) and also track her 'live' for about £5 a month. So worth the money!! I got the tracker itself for £85 from pets at home.

Downsides: size, battery lasts just 24hrs in real life, have to remove it to charge (rather than a battery pack), bespoke charger
Upsides: I can see where she's been and where she is anytime. Security, worth it's weight in gold etc. Plus it's a cool gadget!

Page: 1 | 2