Profile for Franken > Reviews

Content by Franken

Franken

USB Flight Joystick (PC DVD/PS3)
USB Flight Joystick (PC DVD/PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap crap., 13 Jan. 2016
Very cheap quality. Have to push up on the joystick a lot more than you have to pull down to get it to register, which makes accurate flight difficult. After about 2 weeks of use after pushing up on joystick to any degree and letting go, the stick pulls right so you have to manual correct. I ended up disabling the twist control to stop this happening as was ruining my game. Paid 2.99 for it so cant complain as its got more buttons than my previous joystick but defo wouldn't recommend even if it was going cheap again.

Update: In the bin now after 2 months of use. Started to spin my ship around whenever it fancied it and only way to stop it was to pull right, which meant I couldn't spin right lol.

Samsung Smart Home Camera: Full HD 1080P Indoor Security Camera, CCTV, Baby Monitor, Night Vision, Two-Way Audio, Motion Detect (SNH-P-6410/UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb little camera., 12 Nov. 2015
Was a bit dubious about buying this as was not sure where you could save images. Was hoping to be able to save to server I have elsewhere in house but you are unable to do this. I decided to take the plunge as price dropped to 109. Glad I did as once set up it saves motion detected pictures to Google Picasa account and sends warning alert to your mobile with the app installed.. Another reviewer states you cannot save videos to the cloud but this was not why I bought it so was not fussed.
No problems with connection to the Samsung site so you can change configuration settings from anywhere using your mobile.

Currently not even using a sd card as I don't see any point unless I want to save videos. Great piece of kit and glad I purchased for that extra peace of mind.

Star Wars Ceramic Cookie Jar, Stone, White
Star Wars Ceramic Cookie Jar, Stone, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Oct. 2015
Decent size and speedy delivery from Shop4World.

Sony DK32 Z1 Compact Charging Dock for Smartphone
Sony DK32 Z1 Compact Charging Dock for Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2015
Works excellent on my Z1 Compact. So much so I am going to buy a second unit for work.

ENKI Modern Designer Kitchen Sink Mixer Taps Cross Handle Twin Lever Chrome Brass OXFORD
Offered by Tap Store & More

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice taps, 19 April 2015
Good quality and looks nice. Only gripe is the bolt to hold it in place is at the back of the tap which means it doesn't sit completely flush against the base of the sink. Contained all fixtures and fittings needed.

Edit: After a few months of use the water pressure pops the top bit of the tap out of its holding. Have to use me taps on half setting to stop this occuring. Therefore reduced to one star rating. Avoid.

Exclusive Morgan Flip Coat Hook Wall Mounted Contemporary Wooden Tree Clothing Hanger Rail Stand
Offered by Royal Comfort Furniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Looks quite nice, 15 April 2015
Good quality. Looks quite nice.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Top device, 16 May 2014
Brilliant piece of kit, really easy to set up and amazing value for money. So good I'm going to get one for my main TV even though thats got SMART capabilities but this is just better. One word of caution though, please read up on what this does. Too many people giving this low stars and then moaning about stuff that it wasn't even invented for.

Anker® 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC, 9 Programmable Buttons, Weight Tuning Cartridges, Omron Micro

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good but will take time to get used to size/shape., 10 Jan. 2014
Having used only the MS Intellimouse for the last 13 years of gaming I thought I would give a gaming mouse a try as the Intellimouse is almost impossible to get at a reasonable price these days. This was cheap enough to take a punt on @ £25 and offered more than enough buttons for my requirements. It is a good looking mouse for those that care about flashing lights and that kind of hoopla. The control seems very accurate and responsive out of the box, I have barely tweaked the dpi and polling settings so there appears no problems in that department. The only gripe I have relates to the way I hold my mouse. Apparently there are a number of ways of holding a mouse (who would of thought) and I do not think this mouse is particularly designed for either the fingertip grip that I use or maybe my hand is too small for this mouse, who knows. The three thumb buttons may aswell only be one button, similar to the Intellimouse design, as my thumb is not long enough to reach the furthest thumb button and the middle thumb button is too high for my grip style making it an unnatural movement to press in the heat of battle. I have still given this 4 stars as I do still like it and it offers the same amount of "useable" buttons as my old mice. Maybe over time I will adapt my hold on the mouse to use the other buttons and providing the mouse lasts half as long as my old mice I might upgrade to 5 stars.

Battlefield 4 (PC DVD)
Battlefield 4 (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Started off ok, just got worse and worse, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Avoid for another 6 months as the game is frustratingly bad. I'm more of a single player and casual multiplayer gamer these days so was quietly enjoying the SP Campaign mode. Took a break for a couple of weeks and when I came back the game had lost all the Campaign progress so was starting again from the beginning. Checked online for a solution and it seems its a common issue that EA have not responded to. Putting it in the cupboard until its fixed, if it ever gets fixed....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 9:49 PM GMT

Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Offered by West Audio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 4 Sept. 2012
I ordered this dongle for my 46" Samsung UE46C6540 as my wired connection failed after a lightning storm. Even tho the packaging on the box says its WIS12ABGNX and not WIS12ABGN, it still worked. Couldnt be happier, but no idea if this actual model would still work if they had sent the right one. Samsung web has them down as being 2 different dongles for different year tv's.