Profile for bookbuyer > Reviews

Content by bookbuyer

bookbuyer

Internet-linked Astronomy (Usborne Discovery)
Internet-linked Astronomy (Usborne Discovery)
by R. Firth

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Mar. 2015
Great

Close-ups in Nature (Practical Photography Books)
Close-ups in Nature (Practical Photography Books)
by John Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Mar. 2015
Love it !

Fenton Glass (Warman's Companion: Fenton Glass)
Fenton Glass (Warman's Companion: Fenton Glass)
by Mark Moran

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Mar. 2015
Great book very happy

Maincher 360 Degree Rotating PU Leather Stand Case Cover for Apple iPad 2 3 4 - Pure Pink
Offered by RS Accessorize

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality but okay for carrying about, 23 Mar. 2015
The first ridge dosent hold the iPad and it slips out but I guess it would be okay to use as a cover for iPad to protect it when travelling, I tried to ask for a Replacement but they never got back to me.

Simple Changes: Your 100 Ways to a Happier, Healthier Life
Simple Changes: Your 100 Ways to a Happier, Healthier Life
by Phillip Day

2.0 out of 5 stars I already have a copy of this and wanted to ..., 23 Mar. 2015
I already have a copy of this and wanted to buy a copy for a friend. The first book was cropped badly with the right margin being .5cm and inside 1.5cm, so I returned it, the second the writing seemed to slant downhill and the third I was going too keep and about to send to my friend when the index page came apart at the top. Shows you can't buy online. Still want the book for my friend but where?!

Vax U89-P8-P Power 8 Pet  Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U89-P8-P Power 8 Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars VAX POWERPLAY ZOOM REACH RUBBISH HOOVER!!!, 29 Oct. 2013
VAX POWER PLAY ZOOM REACH (PURPLE)
I Bought the first one, from Argos. it had lots of selotape around it so I asked wether all the parts were inside. I was told Yes.
When put it together taking ages there were some bits missing. The handle just had a gaping hole in the top? I searched and searched but no cap or whatever should be there. I also saw there was nothing to hold the extra brushes on!
still as I needed a hoover so I thought id use it anyway and see how it went if it was good I would ask vax for the missing parts. Id already returned 2 hoovers made by HOOVER the year before due to faults so really just wanted to get a hoover that worked and use it.

When I hoovered the carpet it was good, but as soon as I hoovered hard floor all the dust and doit blew back against my feet! Also the dust got trapped in the top part of the cylinder and I had to manually free it with my fingers ! and pull it out! not good for pet hairs then I thought! I took it back to Argos.

I got a replacement one and took it home, I thought I would just check first that all the parts were there but NO, the same parts missing!!!!!!!
The thought of taking it back again!!! and still I have no decent hoover!
The thought of getting another dodgy hoover fill sme with anxiety! I just want a decent hoover that works!
By the way.......>
....my friend has a 'Hoover' hurricane and she has problems! noone is making decent hoovers! if you put hers on short carpet it sucks the carpet up so much it has ruined her expensive rugs, if you put it on medium carpet it dosent lift any dirt at all. I have watched over the couple months she has had it her lovely expensive wool carpets thread come out at an alarming rate by this powerful suction and bad manufacturer of the level of suction from short to medium and her carpets now look bad.

Why cant we buy a decent hoover. in the old days they lasted now I think they want us to replace them yearly! costing us hundreds as we search for just a hoover that we just want to hoover a carpet! How can Britain be proud of its manufacturing when we have no pride in creating something decent instead think how quick we can make money from making cheap faulty hoovers that dont work that don't last! in the old days the hoovers worked and lasted! why is British Vacuum cleaners not interested in quality just money! Love of money is the root of all evil???????

Whitefriars Glass: Art of James Powell & Sons
Whitefriars Glass: Art of James Powell & Sons
by Lesley Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Batch ruined my Christmas Gift to Hubby, 20 April 2012
After looking at other stores and ebay I bought my husband this book for Christmas from Amazon. I trusted Amazon as used it previously and great books. Plus this one was from 'amazons own store' cant go wrong I thought not shoddy dealer but amazon itself selling will be the best book I thought. The first one although stated new and was £25.00 had the cover falling off and excess bubbling white bulging glue attached where it had been tried to restick. I complained and asked for another quickly to still have it for Christmas and asked them to check the second one and to add the love message from me. They sent another bad book 23rd dec so too late change again. same condition with cover coming off 'without' my message and obviously not checked. It ruined Christmas as I had to give my hubby the first (as it had the message attached from me) and explainned the book was in fact new and Ill sort it out. Spoilt the moment really! I have photos I took but not sure how to attach. Finally got refund after them emailing me about the second book saying they'll charge me!!!automatically out my bank so that would of been two payments for two bad books!. I still had it as I was emailing them about it asking for them to resolve the issue. So not 100% happy with amazon. This book shouldnt of gone out or packed unnoticed. etc