Profile for Herman Muttongleuber > Reviews

Content by Herman Muttong...

Herman Muttongleuber "Book Wizard" (Blyth, Northumberland, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read

2.0 out of 5 stars Tag line is a total lie., 22 Oct 2014
NOT THE MOST GRIPPING THRILLER! Really disappointed in this book, but, it seems to follow the pattern of a lot of books lately in that it starts of gripping - four pages - then dies a long and lingering death. The dialogue between characters just does not seem natural and the sex scenes are not necessary, and the plot is jumping all over the place, and...
Anyway, gave up less than half-way through. If this is the '... most gripping thriller...' I'd hate to mistakenly buy the worst.

Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)

2.0 out of 5 stars I gave up., 9 Oct 2014
I never thought I'd ever write a review like this on a Lee Child/Jack Reacher book. I gave up on it. So disappointed. I was ready to give up at 40% but struggled on to 78% before I finally switched off. The writing is technically perfect, but, the plot is so weak. And, far too much space is given to explaining the why and wherefor of minor items; like what happens when a bullet enters your body. For page after page the story was not moving forward, the dwelling on his partner's packet of pills was so boring. And I hate stories where the protagonists (in this case Reacher and his helper) carries personal baggage.
I'll think long and hard about buying Lee's next Reacher book.

Elephant Moon
Elephant Moon
by John Sweeney

5.0 out of 5 stars unrequited love, a chase, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Elephant Moon (Hardcover)
Well written fiction based on fact. A gripping story, involving murder, deceit, unrequited love, a chase, and animals. If ever a book should be made into a film - this is it. The trek and the chase would make for spectacular visuals. I'll never look at an elephant again without thinking of his book. Absolutely brilliant.

BT Response 75 Plus Digital Answer Machine - Metallic Grey
BT Response 75 Plus Digital Answer Machine - Metallic Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sep 2014
Easy to install, easy to operate. Absolutely no problems, Good value for money.

Samsung B2100 Solid Extreme Sim Free Mobile Phone
Samsung B2100 Solid Extreme Sim Free Mobile Phone
Offered by GSM-Fonz

2.0 out of 5 stars They've spoiled a good phone, 1 Sep 2014
Nothing like the original. Bad sound, rubbish signal, no matter where I am. I've dumped it in the drawer, and gone back to my battered original (which looks well worn, but works excellently. Why do companies insist on trying to improve a brilliant produce when there is nothing wrong with it in the first place. When my old tattered and trusty phone finally gives up, I will not be buying this model again.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars So boring, you wouldn't believe it, 1 Sep 2014
So boring, you wouldn't believe it. But, obviously, I'm in a minority. Absolutely nothing happens.

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't finish it., 1 Sep 2014
Enjoyed the beginning, but, halfway through I gave up. Sorry to say, i was bored. I think that this time Sue's offering was intended mailnly for women. I've read all Sue's book, and praised them to the hilt, but, this one... nyah... it's okay.

One Of The Family
One Of The Family

5.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: One Of The Family (Kindle Edition)
A cracking read. I accidently bumped into the 'Englishman' in point in this story, and he was a really nice guy; mind you, it was only a five minute meeting. One of the few biographies that I've really enjoyed. Crime from the top to the bottom.

Big Maria
Big Maria

4.0 out of 5 stars All good boys together., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Big Maria (Kindle Edition)
Yep. A good plausible 'men of the streets' story. Excellent characters. Well written. Read it and enjoy.

The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning
The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning

5.0 out of 5 stars A madcap book., 1 Sep 2014
Weird, Zany thoroughly enjoyable story, well written. What else do you need to know?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4