Profile for Jon > Reviews

Content by Jon

Jon

Page: 1 | 2
Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo 3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by GameExplorers

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have (imo) for 3DS, 1 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I spent about three hours on this game on one level in-particular, with my hands sweating, trying to reach that darn golden star! But if it makes you have that much dedication, you know it's a good game.

I really loved this game, my experience with Mario plat-formers are from my childhood on Gameboy Advance - And really sucking at them, badly.

This is a hell of a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone with a 3DS, once you have completed the first 8 (or 7?) worlds you unlock an extra 8 'special' worlds which doubles the length of the game, the only reason I rate this game a 4 overall is because I was a little disappointed by the collectables in the game (golden-star-things) which once you collect all 3 of them from every level, you unlock... Nothing. But I had a blast and thats what games are about, while this game wont be as fondly remembered as the Pokemon Yellow of my childhood I had a ton of fun playing and worth every single penny!

Edimax EW-7612UAN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7612UAN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Adapter
Offered by BEEPICK_STORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Plug&Play, 1 May 2012
I use this in the mini computer I built for my mother were a PCI wireless card wouldn't fit and it works a charm, on windows 7 it is quite literally plug and play (Well and select which WiFi to connect to), the only reason i've given it a 4 stars is because of the signal range&strength, I felt that it was a little low even if it is such a small device (At first there was trouble loading a webpage while connected to the router in the hallway - which is about 15 meters away) but for some reason its no longer having that issue.

LiteOn IHAS224-19 Lite-On 24x DVD-RW LightScribe SATA
LiteOn IHAS224-19 Lite-On 24x DVD-RW LightScribe SATA

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard SATA DVD drive, 1 May 2012
I can't really complain, easy to install and works a charm (Quiet and speedy).. Can't really expect much else, the only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the tray felt a little fragile - But other then that its fine.

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Offered by Premier Products

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 1 May 2012
Comfortable, Cheap, Amazing sound quality.

When I read the other reviews I really wasn't expecting this sort of quality, i've owned the headphones for a good couple of months now and they're still in perfect condition (And have managed to survive being accidentally sat on by me a good couple of times!)

Would recommend

JVC Gumy Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 - Violet
JVC Gumy Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 - Violet
Offered by Electric Goods

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable But Break Often, 1 May 2012
The sound quality and sound overall is what you'd expect from earphones of the price (Slightly better then the standard quality earphones you get free with mp3's/phones, the gel around the earphones makes them quite comfortable and i'm really against the in-ear phones because of both comfort and I really don't like the idea of sticking a tube in my ears and blasting sound down them.

Although the bad side to this is i'm now on my third pair of these, it always seems that one of the earphones breaks within three months which is quite disappointing for such comfortable earphones (Hence the three stars)

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it but a bit of a dust magnet, 25 May 2011
After a little bit of research on looking at keyboards because of my old one had broken I found this one and I was mega impressed when it arrived, not only by the easy key layout and shortcuts (Such as mute sound/pause/rewind) but also the ability to turn the LED's in the keyboard on and off! My friend didn't see this as a big deal when I told him, but I generally leave my keyboard on over the night while I'm asleep to finish downloading stuff from Steam and I hate having lights on while getting to sleep. The only real bad thing I can seem to find about this keyboard is that because of the it's surface (Not plastic) it seems to attract dust much more then my old keyboard (Which was plastic). I haven't tried out the macro'ing as I'm not too fussed about it, sorry!

All in all it's a fantastic, good looking and easy to setup keyboard, like you would expect for the price!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2011 6:46 PM BST

NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Big Tower Chassis - White
NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Big Tower Chassis - White
Offered by Computer Technology Stoke Limited & InternetCT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case but a pain for modding and starting up, 18 May 2011
I bought this case because a friend advised it (And I loved the look of it) I had got the idea into my head that this case was perfect for enthusiasts and because of it's large size it would be great for going in and out changing HDD's and changing those tiny little details like wire placement.

The first thing I did when this case arrived was remove the extra HDD bay (Doesnt really serve a purpose unless you have an insane amount of HDD's) The screws to remove it are standard philips size and I had assumed it would be easy, oh I was very wrong!

First off, some of the screws were cross-threaded meaning any hope of getting the extra bay off by simply unscrewing was gone, I had to eventally pull it off. This ment that I got a tiny scratch (Pretty much inevitable) on the inside of the case, which revieled another slight issue. The paint is a very thin layer and the tiny scratch had already taken some paint off the interior which gave me a bit of a worry about future scratches, most importantly on the outside of the case.

The next problem was applying my 120mm fan to the front, I ended up sawing the edges off to apply the screws (Was pretty easy and only took a few mins, so I can't complain)

The only other problem was the side panel, it's not an easy slide off (Atleast not for me) it requires a little bit more effort involving pulling up&down, which really was disappointing for me especailly after I had payed more then double the usual amount I usually would for a case and wanted ease of access mixed with a beautiful looking case.

Pros:

Looks amazing
Quiet Stock Fans
Fan controller
Magnet Door for 5" drives
Dust filters

Cons:

fans seem like a problem to fit (after researching)
Removing the extra bay is problematic
Paint easy-ish to scratch off
Side panel isn't as easy as the standard slide off

Zalman VF3000F GTX480 Graphics Card Cooler
Zalman VF3000F GTX480 Graphics Card Cooler

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work with 460 like some forums would have you believe, 14 May 2011
Originally I bought this to upgrade my stock cooler on my gtx 460 as it was irritating the hell out of me, I had done some research that had listed this particular model to be compatible with the gtx 460 too but sadly it wasn't. I had to mod the cooler to fit onto my 460 but in the end I prevailed and it works fine (just without the ram coolers)

The Cooler itself is sleek and good looking, it has a stylish green glow from the fans and comes with its own thermal paste. The build is definitely of good quality and lightweight (So wont cause much strain on the card)

In most cases the temps dropped by around 25-30 Celsius under stress and around 15 when idle, another great bonus of the cooler is the fan controller which means I can now run my graphics card on silent always!

The only disadvantages of this cooler that I can think of is the fan controller is bulky and poorly designed, it doesn't suit the excellent design of the cooler and feels out of place. If you have a case with a acrylic side panel make sure you have somewhere to hide the controller or it will look pretty ugly (It isn't attached to the cooler)

Also changing the fan speed changes the green led's intensity on the fans (Makes sense) although it would have been nice if it didn't as a nice bonus, as running the fans on silent gives a poor glow

Overall 4/5, I wouldn't have reviewed as I am aware the cooler isnt fitted on the correct card however there is only one other review

Plantronics GameCom 377 Open-Ear Gaming Headset with concealed noise-cancelling microphone boom

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to 3 friends, love them, 12 May 2011
I've owned this headset for 8 months now and it has survived me accidently sitting on it often, being thrown to the floor and many other things. Sadly it has finally died after all this abuse! (this being when I use it on an avg. of 2-4hours a day)

I never found them uncomfortable and the sound quality was 5 stars for the price of a headset. I would recommended these to anyone looking for a headset to replace an old pair that had broken and want a strong built pair.

I would definitely buy another pair now however I am going to buy a desktop microphone as the headphones still work absolutely perfectly on the headset

I'd also like to mention I have never experienced any tech hitches with the headset, worked 100% of the time

Nexus - Case Fan - 120 mm - PWM - 76 CFM max - D12SL-12 PWM
Nexus - Case Fan - 120 mm - PWM - 76 CFM max - D12SL-12 PWM

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Well Spent, 12 May 2011
Cheap and silent,

Obviously it's loud at max rpm but I can adjust it to a fast speed and ultra silent.

I originally bought just one of these for my Cooler Master elite case but soon bought another 3

Page: 1 | 2