Profile for pat > Reviews

Champ
Champ
Price: 8.34

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Champ (Audio CD)
I've already been a Tokyo Police Club fan for a while when this record was published, so I pre-purchased it here.

It's a bit different from Elephant Shell but in my eyes it's also a bit better. The songs are all more or less on the same level of awesomeness and put me into a good and jumpy mood.

One of my favorite bands of all time.

Pro Hands Medium Tension Hand & Finger Exerciser - Cream 7lb
Pro Hands Medium Tension Hand & Finger Exerciser - Cream 7lb
Price: 13.28

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 15 Jan 2011
It's well made and will probably survive me.
It's confortable to train with and feels good in my hand.

I'm a rock climber and after a longer pause the thing that's holding me back from climbing harder routes mostly is grip strength.

I was also experiencing some problems and pain in my middle fingers which didn't get better using a powerball, working the opposing muscles with rubber bands or various other exercises.
However since I'm using the medium tension gripmaster it somehow vanished... I hope it stays that way.
So I use the medium tension one (I also own the 2 stronger ones) for rehab; If you have no problems with your fingers, are already confortable with holding on to fingertip ledges in steep overhanging walls and want mostly to train grip strength I recommend the heavy tension gripmaster.

I actually wrote this review because of a very recent experince. 2 weeks ago my right middle finger started to ache a little with almost every bend or grip so I didn't climb for 2 weeks but trained daily about 5-10 minutes with the gripmaster. The result was, like I already mentioned, that the pain has gone and when I went climbing again yesterday I even could climb a route with small holds more easily than before this little break. So guess that it also really can improve grip strenght.

The only thing I'm not happy about is, that it comes completly without any instructions on how to use properly and exercise variations. You have visit prohands website for these informations. I could imagine that most people who get this would just close and open it but it's recomended to hold it closed for a while and then open it up again and since I'm more interested in longer, static "pressure" (holding on to holds) I first quickly warm up like recomended and then just keep it closed as long as I can a couple of times and this really seems to be working for me.