Profile for Sue W > Reviews

Content by Sue W

Sue W

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kindle Paperwhite 3G E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

3.0 out of 5 stars No. I don't like it., 1 Jun. 2016
I was really looking forward to replacing my keyboard Kindle with Paperwhite 3G/wifi but have been horribly disappointed. Ok the light is good and aspects of the touch screen but I find the swiping a pain,
clumsy and slow. I prefer the page buttons and navigation switch. Also I had seven hundreds books all in categories which all disappeared into archive and need to be downloaded again and categorised. Plus once categorised they don't leave home page so I can't tell which are in categories.
I borrowed the standard cheapest Kindle while I was deciding which to buy and so far I like that better. ( about a £100 cheaper ).
One last thing going against it is the adverts which I believe costs £10 to get rid of.
Maybe I will get used to it in time.

Blood Mist (Eve Clay)
Blood Mist (Eve Clay)

5.0 out of 5 stars Real page turner, 19 Mar. 2016
Strange, gripping, surprising read. Loved it. Looking forward to next Eve Clay. Also enjoying the DCI Rosen series by Mark Roberts. Superb.

Extinction
Extinction

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting page turner, 12 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Extinction (Kindle Edition)
Loved the story and characters. Really didn't predict the ending. Just wished the story had been longer.

Jurassic Island: A Prehistoric Thriller (Jurassic Adventures Book 1)
Jurassic Island: A Prehistoric Thriller (Jurassic Adventures Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great chomping dinosaur novel., 3 Feb. 2016
Loved it. A great chomping dinosaur novel. Another not to be forgotten read. Bit of a slow start and I didn't particularly like Colt the main character but still an exciting read. Occasional typos but nothing too distracting.

Flylinktech® 18V 2000mAh Ni-CD Replacement Battery for Bosch BAT043, Bosch BAT045, Bosch BAT046, Bosch BAT049, Bosch BAT120, Bosch BAT139
Offered by Rightful UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved a perfectly good drill, 3 Jan. 2016
My husband was unsure as to whether his Bosch drill was at fault or if it was both batteries that were faulty. He decided to risk the expenditure and buy a new battery. It charged well and the drill works fine saving the cost of a new drill. Now he is going to buy another battery as spare.

Written In Stone: A Dinosaur Thriller
Written In Stone: A Dinosaur Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, Really good. ( eventually ), 28 Dec. 2015
After the first chapter ( which I read at the beginning and again at the end of the story because I am still not sure how Charles Darwin was rescued after being eaten by a T. rex ) I found the story a bit boring and nearly gave up. I realise now it was about getting to know the characters well. BUT then about 2/3rds in it really took off and I couldn't put it down. A real page turner.
Frequent edge of my seat worries that the characters would be eaten and wouldn't return after trip after trip among the dinosaurs while looking for specimens to take back to present day time. Even holding my breath till they were all safely back in the " time machine "
A good fun read

Domus
Domus

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Fantasy, 5 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Domus (Kindle Edition)
Loved the story. Loved the characters and loved the dinosaurs. Just read it as a fantasy, didn't dwell on what or was not possible. I don't usually like novels told in the first person and especially by the different characters but it really did work for me.

Heartbreaker (Brennan and Esposito Series Book 7)
Heartbreaker (Brennan and Esposito Series Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok. But not her best., 16 Oct. 2015
Still an enjoyable read, but I think easily forgotten. Some books stay in the mind for ever like Surragate, Creeper and Cage of Bones.

Detective Inspector Annie Jones Box Set: Desolate Sands and Concrete Evidence
Detective Inspector Annie Jones Box Set: Desolate Sands and Concrete Evidence

5.0 out of 5 stars Phew. What a read!, 29 Aug. 2015
Absolutely gripping. Both books real page turners. Unfortunately I am a slow reader so very annoying to take me so long to get to the end when I was dying to know who the killer was in both books. So many twists and turns you think you know and another twist and it isn't who you thought at all. These are the first books I have read by this author but have already downloaded the first three of Alec Ramsey novels.
Just a minor gripe there are a lot of ' Raised eyebrows ' after the first few it does become irritating to read yet again she or he had ' raised eyebrows '.

The Corpse Bridge (The Cooper & Fry Series Book 14)
The Corpse Bridge (The Cooper & Fry Series Book 14)

2.0 out of 5 stars Half way through and bored to tears, 27 July 2015
Cannot finish this book. Half way through and bored to tears. As lovely and as interesting as the Peak District is I do not want a guided tour. I have skimmed paragraph after paragraph of boring information hoping to get on with the story ( what story ? ) I have enjoyed all the previous books although sometimes quite tedious with irrelevant information. I don't think I will waste my money on any more Cooper and Fry books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4