Profile for Tony > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Gtech SW22 Li-Ion Sweeper
Gtech SW22 Li-Ion Sweeper

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and terrible after sales, 20 Feb. 2016
After only 5 months of fairly light use the unit wouldn't switch off (purchased from Argos). I phoned Gtech support (whilst the unit was still running itself down) unbelievably I was advised by customer support try and disconnect the battery whilst the brush was still spinning...not that I'm health and safety happy but surely that's not safe. In any case despite it being under warranty they will only send you "replacement parts" which you have to fit yourself, there is no repair service...well for a unit that doesn't switch off where do you start? the internal electronics? the on off switch? Utter nonsense, will be going up to Argos today to ask for a replacement which will be going straight on ebay.
Never again Gtech.

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z PCI Express Sound Card
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z PCI Express Sound Card

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, great value for money, 29 Dec. 2015
very nice indeed, far better than my onboard audio (asus Z97M) and not far behind my Arcam rDAC. I use it only for movies and I disable pretty much all of the onboard DSP and just allow Kodi (XBMC) to feed it a 4.0 signal which is then passed to my surround amp via analogue connections.

Highly recommended.

Aten AT-VS482 - video switches (437.2 x 158.6 x 55.4 mm, 5.3V DC)
Aten AT-VS482 - video switches (437.2 x 158.6 x 55.4 mm, 5.3V DC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance but let down by sluggish/unreliable IR, 29 Dec. 2015
HDMI distribution is always a bit of a headache. I bought this to replace a 4 x 2 HDMI Neet Matrix that had a few issues with HDCP as well as IR conflicts with other equipment I had.

The Good
Excellent build quality
ARC is useful
Has analogue, Toslink and Coax Audio out.
Fairly fast switching using physical buttons on the front.
Supports my longish HDMI cable runs well (~12m to main display). No HDCP errors (ie no green screens/snow etc).

The Bad
IR sensor is hopeless, I bought their (Aten) extension IR eye which helps a bit but is still far from acceptable for a product at this price. If you're using a Harmony remote in your setup this could be a deal breaker. As a workaround I "repeat" the Aten commands in my Harmony activities since a lot of the time it ignores the first IR message.
Doesn't pass 24p option from my Sony TV back to my Panasonic BluRay player (the Neet Matrix did support this so I know it's not a player/display issue). Means blu ray discs are "locked" to 60p.

WALL 1045 Silver LED/LCD/Plasma Wall Mount for 17 inch to 26 inch TVs
WALL 1045 Silver LED/LCD/Plasma Wall Mount for 17 inch to 26 inch TVs

5.0 out of 5 stars very good but check compatibility, 22 Nov. 2015
great bracket, lovely finish but was incompatible with my Sony 32W705C so sent it back

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 22 Nov. 2015
great value great product

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars not great at long range and some surfaces cause it problems, 22 Nov. 2015
not great on some wood laminate surfaces (ie black IKEA LAK)...expected more...

Vogel's Wall 2245 TV Wall Mount for 32-55 inch TV Screens, Pivots and Tilts Maximum Load 20 kg/VESA max. 400 x 400
Offered by The Plasma Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality but v expensive, 22 Nov. 2015
very nice, and sleek, costs an absolute fortune though. I struggled to find any other bracket that looks as good.

Good level of "swing out" and build quality is excellent. Comes with a load of grommets to offset the gap between bracket and tv to help with various tv profiles etc.

I'm using mine for my Sony 32W705C and it works very nicely.

Tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner
Tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't solve the thumps in my woofer from my light dimmer, 20 Sept. 2015
I bought this to try and prevent a "thump" that I get from my subwoofer whenever I switch on/off my dimmer for the room light. Didn't make a blind bit of difference. Also when I plugged it in it actually tripped the RCD in my house meaning my NAS and PC had a nasty shutdown. It probably will protect you from surges and the like but doesn't remove all clicks from transformers (ie dimmers) on the mains.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2016 4:51 PM GMT

This Is The Sound Of Youth
This Is The Sound Of Youth

5.0 out of 5 stars best band ever, 20 Sept. 2015
reform reform reform!

Vax U90-MA-Re Air Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Purple
Vax U90-MA-Re Air Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant if you're strong and healthy!!, 11 April 2015
this carpet vacuum is not for the faint hearted, it's a solid workout to use, but leaves the carpets looking great.

Suction is too strong to use on kitchen/door mats etc so you'll need to bear that in mind.

Not ideal for elderly or for those with limited mobility

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6