ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)

Profile for Neal MacAi > Reviews

Content by Neal MacAi

Neal MacAi (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pelagic Birds of the North Atlantic: An Identification Guide
Pelagic Birds of the North Atlantic: An Identification Guide
by Andrew Paterson
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy pocket guide for those who are getting into seawatching or only do it infrequently, 22 Mar 2014
There are more comprehensive guides available but for its small size and basic illustrations, this is a very useful little guide.

Bahco  23-21 Raker Tooth Hp Bowsaw Blade 21In
Bahco 23-21 Raker Tooth Hp Bowsaw Blade 21In
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 5.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful blade for live wood, 22 Mar 2014
I do a lot of conservation work, mainly coppicing of willow, hazel and ash trunks of around 20-40cms diameter. The raker tooth blade is essential and nearly as easy to use as a chain saw, but better for one's health. The Bahco brand is very dependable and long lasting if the blade is lubricated immediately after use.

Bahco  23-36 Raker Tooth Hp Bowsaw Blade 36In
Bahco 23-36 Raker Tooth Hp Bowsaw Blade 36In
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a green-wood blade., 12 Mar 2014
One of the top blades in its class, though there are competitors. I find these blades great for pruning live trees and shrubs and then cutting into firewood logs.

Roughneck 66846 755mm 30-inch Bowsaw Blade Raker Teeth
Roughneck 66846 755mm 30-inch Bowsaw Blade Raker Teeth
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This blade type is for live, or freshly cut tree branches, called "green wood", 12 Mar 2014
This blade is perfect for the job. It lasts well, though naturally it wouldn't if you didn't apply a protective film after use. Fine oil, spray oil, spray silicon, spray anti-rust or spray WD40 all do the job.

Green Eco Bin
Green Eco Bin
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful box, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Green Eco Bin
I use this box for storing waste food left-overs which I carry to a tree nursery that I own and compost it there in a vermin proof composter. The Green Eco Bin Is ideal. Cats cant open it no rodents have access, it carries without leaks in the car, is easily cleaned, and is robust. I say this even though I managed to put a hole in my last one at a bottom corner. But that was an accident that I would not have expected any such box to have survived. It lasted as new until then for about 2 years. Its best feature is that the lid fits very neatly and cannot be prized off my vermin. I hasve not been aware of any smells escaping either.

High Capacity - Rechargeable battery for Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Camera - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tese batteries - I have 3 - are every bit as good as the Sony brand, 9 Jan 2014
These batteries have served me well for over two years now and they show no sign of ageing at all. They are indistinguishable from the Sony version.

Advanced Bird ID Handbook: The Western Palearctic: Covering All Species and Subspecies Recorded in Britain, Europe, North Africa & The Middle East
by Nils Van Duivendijk
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Every serious birdwatcher, bird ringer (bander) or avian scientist should have this book., 9 Jan 2014
I recently had the task of distinguishing a very late autumn Reed Warbler from Blyth's Reed Warbler. Some anomalous features and biometrics raised the question of identity, but this book quickly settled the issue.

Meridian Smooth Cashew Butter 280 g (Pack of 3)
Meridian Smooth Cashew Butter 280 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the ultimate in comfort food!, 9 Jan 2014
This has been a product that I have been hooked on since childhood in the late 1940s and 50s. The makers then were different but possibly were eventually taken over by Meridian. Meridian have always produced a Cashew nut butter (formerly called cream) to perfection (and many other delicious foods which could also be termed treats. My mother was very keen on good food and I had a diet of what would nowadays be called health foods. Anyone who likes peanut butter should try this. Many will be instantly hooked, I predict. I live in Northern Ireland and I know of only one Health Food shop that stocks this item, but they stock the small jar. That shop is quite far away from where I live. This 280g one is much bigger. When the cost of large 3 jars sent by post is compared with the cost of 3 small jars purchased from my ""local" shop, direct posting by Amazon is an easy winner. The cost per large jar was about the same as the cost of the small jar from the health food shop. I'm glad I tried ordering direct from Amazon because my trip to the shop was rather disappointing as there was only one jar in stock there. The secure package arrived in 2 days during the pre-Christmas postal rush. What better product or service could one expect. It is now over 2 weeks since I opened the first jar and I have to confess that I have finished it already. At this rate, I'll be reordering by mid February!

Universal Battery Tester - LCD Readout - For Standard, Camera & Button Batteries
Offered by In21 Direct
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Verstile charger, 26 Aug 2013
It's a battery charger. It works well. Its price is good. What more does one need?

Note to reviewers who have spelling and punctuation problems: my review demonstrates the correct use of "it's" and "its".

The Warbler Guide
The Warbler Guide
by Tom Stephenson
Edition: Flexibound
Price: 13.37

5.0 out of 5 stars A groud-breaking book, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
Collectors of ornithological books can not miss this one. It is a new approach to bird ID, incorporating the great capabilities of digital photography.. Even if, like me, you will never set foot in North America, the brilliant display of the plumages of all species in the various versions - male, female and spring and autumn - is a first. There are incredible numbers of photos, admittedly some a bit small, showing the birds at all angles and with relevant closeups of focal ID features. The introductory section before the species accounts gives a very clear account of how moult occurs and affects the plumage appearance. There is also an excellent explanation of sonograms. Students of evolution will be stunned by the comparative display of all the North American Warblers. Creationists won't like this book. If these species were created rather than evolved, there was a lot of doodling involved!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3