Profile for OZZY > Reviews

Content by OZZY

OZZY

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty title about book covers and judging, 15 Oct 2013
A piece of advice I was given was roughly along the lines of "once you've bought something you forget the price". This is quite an expensive cover when you weigh up the price of the Kindle it will be holding. However, it will either make or break the experience of using your Kindle once you have bought it. This is what I thought - why buy a premium eReader and then stick it in a sub-standard case? Having seen many of the cheaper cases, up to and including ones for around 20, the quality of this one is very apparent. As you would expect, it fits the Paperwhite perfectly, with nothing obscuring the device like the straps in each corner found on cheaper cases. This makes it much smaller and slimmer too than similar products. The materials are lovely, and the detailing of the Kindle logo inside the front cover and the clasp really give it a touch of class. Aside from looking and feeling nice, I'm sure it would protect the device very well from most accidents or the rough and tumble of being thrown in a bag etc. When using the Kindle it is unobtrusive and is equally as nice to use open as it is with the front cover folded back behind the device. My only gripe with it when folded back is that the clasp can sometime feel a bit awkward depending on where your fingers lie. The auto sleep-wake feature works really well and allows for an authentic book reading experience of picking the Kindle up, opening the cover and starting to read without having to press any buttons or choose items on screen. Same goes when you've finished, just close the cover and the Kindle goes into sleep mode automatically. Overall it is expensive, but I feel well worth it.

Morphy Richards Mattino/Accents Coffee Maker Glass Jug With Plastic Lid
Morphy Richards Mattino/Accents Coffee Maker Glass Jug With Plastic Lid
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact match, can't fault it., 15 Oct 2013
I was very kindly given a coffee machine and the following advice: "don't break the jug or you might as well buy a new machine". Well, I broke the jug cleaning the machine before I'd made a single brew, typical! Found and ordered this as it was a quarter of the price of the machine. It is an exact replacement which arrived very quickly and well protected. No problems with it at all and it's very easy to clean too as the plastic lid easily detaches.

Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow Saddle Black
Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow Saddle Black
Price: 45.86

4.0 out of 5 stars I've sat on this review for a while (heheh)..., 7 Sep 2013
Apologies for the pun! I decided to give this a thorough test before reviewing. I am not a cyclist who has all the latest kit or who has had experience of very expensive components etc. this is the most expensive saddle I've used. However I happened to have 2 stock saddles to compare it against, a Carrera one which came with the hybrid bike I mainly use, (and for which this is the replacement) and a Voltare which was on my Trax mountain bike. First let me say that the materials and build quality are fantastic, a massive step-up from the standard stock saddle you usually get with a modestly priced bike. Secondly it looks fantastic and the fact that it is made from quality stuff means that it stays looking fantastic too. The hand-stitched leather particularly looks as good now as when I first put it on the bike. Now the important bit. This saddle needs to be positioned correctly to be comfortable and it might take you a few goes to get it right. This is due to the cut-away section designed to reduce pressure on sensitive arteries etc. If you sit on the wrong bit you won't be comfortable at all. It's worth persevering as once you position it correctly it not only feels amazingly comfortable but you will probably find your riding position to be much better too. It is a very slim design allowing your legs to be tucked in and compact without rubbing against the sides, so appeals to those who try to make themselves as aero-dynamic as possible when riding. The first impression is that it's a little firm, but the great thing is that unlike the other saddles I've compared it against, after a few minutes you don't notice at all and the characteristics don't change over the ride. The gel is squishy but supportive, the frame of the saddle can flex, but unlike the other saddles which seems to start off soft and then become progressively harder and more uncomfortable this seat remains a constant. I recently completed a 100Km ride using this saddle and was not sore either during or after. In fact I commuted to work on the bike the day after and had no effects from the previous day at all. I am very impressed with it and glad I persevered to find the correct position for it rather than dismissing it as uncomfortable straightaway. The only reason I give it 4 stars is that I would prefer it to feel a little less firm when you initially get on the bike, however I really do feel this saddle gives you a taste of the high-end component market for a very reasonable price and if, like me, you want good quality items but haven't got a limitless budget, this is a great choice.

TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I have 2 of these and they are fantastic!, 10 Sep 2012
Why do I have 2? I moved into a flat, the walls of which seem to be made of wifi kryptonite and don't let the signal go very far at all. I have the first router cabled into my ADSL modem in one room and then have wirelessly bridged it to the second in another room in order to provide wifi coverage throughout the whole flat. They take only a few minutes to set up and you are away and working. The great benefits of it are:

1. The bridging capability, (something the firmware in Linksys routers don't seem to come with as standard)
2. You can label your devices if you want to use MAC filtering, (I only allow access to my network via approved MAC addresses and being able to label which address belongs to which device is a real help
3. The connect time to devices seems to be much quicker than any other router I've used and the connection is rock-steady.
4. The on/off switch, (not all routers have them and if the plug is behind a cabinet like mine it's much nicer to turn it off this way if you need to than unplug the DC jack
5. The price. Much cheaper than Linksys/Cisco products but every bit as reliable for me but with many more features.

I really can recommend these routers with confidence. Hope you are as happy with them as me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 11:27 PM BST

Hoya 55mm HD Digital UV(0) Screw-in Filter
Hoya 55mm HD Digital UV(0) Screw-in Filter
Price: 20.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly the filter of choice, 10 Oct 2009
I had read great things about Hoya filters and came across an advert for the new range of HD filters and thought I'd give one a go. I'm absolutely delighted with it - makes no noticeable difference to the amount of light passing through to the lense, just cuts out the UV and protects the front element from any damage. Once it's screwed on it just feels part of the lense. Highly recommended.