Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "KimmyLou" (UK)

Quick & Easy Betta Care: Quick and Easy (Quick & Easy (TFH Publications))
Quick & Easy Betta Care: Quick and Easy (Quick & Easy (TFH Publications))

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter book, 18 May 2014
Really easy to follow book for beginners, also great for kids, have read it through with my young neice so she can help look after my bettas.

Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Promised to be great, unfortinately did not deliver., 18 Mar. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
As a huge fan of the mass effect trilogy I was excited about playing the new edition, and to be entirely fair to Bioware, there is much in this game that delivers, however there is also much that lets it down, and shattered my enjoyment for the title.

The good: The gameplay is more fluid than the previous titles, and whilst keeping some of the more important aspects has added new dimensions such as jumping that make the game a more enjoyable experience. Much of the storyline is fantastic,seeing old and new faces, as well as old and new locations made the game enjoyable from the get go, never before have I wanted to shed a tear over a video game, nor felt proud of a character within one, but this game made me feel both of these emotions no matter how hard I tried not to! of course as a fan who has played since the start you're always going to have niggles, but even these were few and far between.

The DLC 'from ashes' was also very enjoyable and well worth the extra money I paid for it, it added a whole new dimension in the game and perspective of the galaxy.

Also, as someone who generally isn't very good at shooter games, and has never previously touched online gameplay, I found this element very enjoyable, with how it ties into the main game without being a direct part being an added bonus.

The bad: There were a large amount of glitches in the game, the worst of which rendered much of the first section of my game unplayable as I could not access an entire area, as everytime I tried to do so my ps3 crashed, which meant starting it back up and waiting for it to check there were no issues.

The ugly: The worst part of this game, and most of the reason for the 3 stars is because Bioware took a formula that I love and abandoned it at the last moment, the ending of this game is appauling, and it seems the more time goes by since my colour coded ending, the more questions I get. Never before have I come across such an appauling end to any series, I have more questions than answers and certainly more than when I went into the game, as well as an overwhelming feeling of dissapointment.

I won't say don't buy it, as for the most part Bioware should be proud, once again they've outdone themselves in my eyes and delivered another fantastic game, but I will say be prepared to feel dissapointed by your lack of involvement in the end, and maybe wait until there is confirmation that the glitches have been fixed.

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS3)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS3)
Offered by zoverstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Great game, shame about the bugs, 12 July 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have been excited about this game since I heard about it, having loved most of the lego games previously and being a big harry potter fan. At first this game was enjoyable and I have completed all of the story modes with no major problems.

However, I now find myself stuck in a room under flitwicks classroom, seemingly the same place as so many other players, with no way out and thus no way to complete the game, it is a serious bug and I suggest you do not buy this game until it is fixed, as right now I have paid alot of money for half a game.

I cannot say at this point that I will be buying the next installment, all we can hope is that a patch comes sooner rather than later.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2010 11:12 AM BST