Profile for Spiper > Reviews

Content by Spiper

Spiper (UK, Devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Rapoo E9070 2.4G 2.4GHZ Wireless keyboard Ultra-thin 5.6mm Stainless Steel Plate Keyboard By Sanlise
Offered by Tiny Direct Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact but not very responsive, 10 April 2014
This keyboard is nice and compact and looks great and is ok for home light use. I would not want to use this for work though. It is not very responsive and I find it misses characters when you type hence it's ok for surfing use. The mouse I have with this also freezes now and then because the link is lost.
would I buy this again ... no.

PhoneNatic Silicone Case LG G Pad 8.3 - Transparent Black - PhoneNatic cover
PhoneNatic Silicone Case LG G Pad 8.3 - Transparent Black - PhoneNatic cover
Offered by PhoneNatic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 5 Mar 2014
A good quality case. Very good fit. Holes are all in the right places. Power and volume buttons positions are fine and has good feel. Screen protector is easy to put on is also good quality compare to others I have used on my Ipads.
Would buy again.

LG G Pad 8.3-inch Tablet - Black (Quad Core 1.7GHz Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.2.2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, 27 Feb 2014
I have the Ipad mini (not retina), Ipad 2 and have just sold my Nexus 7 (1st Gen) to buy this. I found that the 7" display on the Nexus 7 was too small to browse the web comfortably.
The screen on the LG is very nice and clear being HD. It's similar to the Ipad mini but I do prefer the extra width on the mini for browsing the web. It much better than the small screen on the Nexus.
Battery life is about 2-3 nights usage but is not as good as the Ipad mini. Still better than the Nexus 7 though.
I like the LG UI overlay over Android. I prefer it to the pure Kitkat on Nexus 7 but that's personal taste.
Speaker is ok but not great being at the rear.
I don't use the camera on these device for proper photo shooting but know it's not great. I have an DSLR for that.
The LG is fast but I find that it's my broadband speed (5mb) that causes the lag and not the devices.
Overall, I think this is the best value 8" tablet and would recommend this if you are bound by budget or hate Apple else I would recommend the Ipad mini retina.

Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active
Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active
Offered by ILLEL

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth connection to multiple devices not that good., 3 Feb 2014
I won't go into detail regarding the sound as the are numerous reviews on this. I do have an issue with using multiple devices though. I have connected an ipad, mini ipad and my phone to it but eveytime I change the device e.g. Next day, I have to goto Bluetooth setting on the device and press the connect to re-establish the connection even though it's already paired. I find this to be a pain. I have been told that this is normal by staff at a shop. Would be great if some one can confirm if this is normal or not.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 7:40 PM GMT

Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hdd but don't buy it for humax t2, 11 Jan 2014
This HD works fine connected to a PC but just a warning not to get this for the Humax T2 digital TV recorder. The humax will restart every time you try to copy to it.

ABC Products® Replacement Pure DAB Digital Radio 6V / 6 Volt Ac Mains Battery Charger Adapter Adaptor Power Supply Cord 60992 / KSAD0600200W1UV-1 / KSAD0600240W1UK for Pure Evoke-1S, Evoke-1S Marshall, Evoke Flow, Evoke Mio Clementine Orla Kiely, Buttercup, Evoke Mio Union Jack, Stem Print, Tempus-1S etc
Offered by abcproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good power lead replacement for Pure DAB radio, 3 Jan 2014
Bought this to replace the faulty power lead on my Pure Evoke 1S. Read that the original power lead is prone to developing a fault hence decided to get a different version. This item works fine.

Gamekraft Premium Chunky Velcro Cable Ties - 10 Pack
Gamekraft Premium Chunky Velcro Cable Ties - 10 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 31 Mar 2013
Item as described and great value. Good quality item and the Velcro sticks firmly and it's not flimsy. Would recommend.

FoneM8® - iPad Mini Screen Protector (Pack Of 6) Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by FoneM8store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 21 Mar 2013
Put this on with no prob. The trick is to do it in the shower room after a shower to keep the dust down. Put the whole cover on as quick as you can to avoid dust particles settling in between the cover and screen and then smooth out the bubbles with a credit card. You will get more dust particles trapped if you try to smooth out the bubbles as you lay the cover on by peeling it on and off. You can not get rid of the bubble if there is dust particle trapped in it.

William Armes Dandy Washamat, 80 x 50cm, Bronze
William Armes Dandy Washamat, 80 x 50cm, Bronze

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Mat but careful washing it in the wahing machine, 20 Mar 2013
The recommendation is to wash it before use. I did this in a washing machine but it needs to be folded into qtr to fit. This has resulted to a crease mark on the rubber backing which will get worse and may split in future if washed too much, Otherwise a good mat, light weight and more water absorbing than the thick 'bushy' mat.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nexus or ipad, 15 Jan 2013
I have the nexus 7, ipad2 and iPad mini. Below area my views of the nexus 7.

Good points.
- It fits in my inside pocket of my jacket hence very portable if this important to you. The pad mini is slightly on the big side for portability. This is the only device I take out of the house.
- it's android hence you can customise the desktop with widgets etc.
- Much cheaper than the iPads

Not so good points.
- the screen is bit small for web browsing. I find myself reaching for the iPad when surfing at home.
- battery life: I can only get Max 5 hrs screen on time. This is shorter than the iPads
- the power button and on/off button are awkward to access and I usually press the off button instead of the volume which is annoying.
- there are more better free apps for ipads

If I have to just choose one device my choice are:
1. Nexus 7 ONLY if portability and price are your highest priority. I prefer a bigger screen for home use.
2. I prefer the iPad mini as something in the middle, more portable than the iPad and lighter but smaller screen.
3. Full size tablet is my choice if you are not going to take it out of the house much due to the bigger screen. It is heavy to hold after a while if you use it while lying in bed though.

Update: For home use, the nexus 7 is the last device I would pick up for web browsing due to it's small screen. The only reason I have not sold it on is because I take it out of the house due it being the most portable device.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5