Profile for OneSixty_Eight > Reviews

OneSixty_Eight (Battersea, London)

Game Theory
Game Theory

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely worth 5 stars, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Game Theory (MP3 Download)
I actually wasn't that fussed about Phrenology but Game Theory has an intensity and edge that completely worked for me. If you only listened to four tracks - 'Game Theory', 'Don't Feel Right', 'Long Time' and 'Here I Come', then it would still be worth the entrance fee. These are admittedly the more musical moments of what is pretty stripped-down, ruthlessly bare sound. The glorious musical marriage of ?uestlove and Black Thought provide a spine of furiously direct hip-hop which runs right through the album.

They've not done anything as good before or since, in my opinion.

Gladiator [DVD]
Gladiator [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cuba Gooding Jr.
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Gladiator [DVD] (DVD)
I'll watch almost any sports film, particularly about boxing. But this really is shocking.

The boxing action is better than the Rocky films, but not by much. The actors, playing high-school students, have an average age of about 35. The characters are exclusively tired cliches. And you already know every turn the plot takes before it happens.

I don't hate this film, and Cuba Gooding Jr. is earning one of these stars on his own. But please don't buy it. Try 'Girlfight', with Michelle Rodriguez - much better.

Jansport Trinity Rucksack - Red Tape
Jansport Trinity Rucksack - Red Tape
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 May 2010
This review is from: Jansport Trinity Daypack (Sports)
Basically, I had this for years and it was brilliant. I eventually chucked it because, while it was still as sturdy and reliable as ever, it had got a bit grubby and I was starting to look like a backpacker when I turned up at work. I changed to a trendier model which I quickly realised was nowhere near as good, and so bought one of these again, to find that they'd made it even better - the straps are comfier and the mp3 pocket at the top is super-useful.

Just buy one - it's the perfect size, and it'll last forever.

You Cross My Path
You Cross My Path
Offered by westworld-

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the love?, 2 Dec. 2008
This review is from: You Cross My Path (Audio CD)
I'm sorry, I just don't feel the same as the other people here. I too have pretty much everything they've ever made, and although I acknowledge that recent albums have not had the punchy singles of their 90s heyday, they featured interesting and mature musical directions. They sounded like a band who enjoyed making music together, indulging their passions and growing old gracefully. They also, along with Tim's solo album, had a growing theme of finding love, celebrating it and nurturing it.

This, with its more taught sound, may have re-discovered some of their earlier energy, but it takes no interpretation to discern that this album is the story of a pretty messy and bitter divorce. You only have to look at the titles - Bad Days, Mis-takes, A Day For Letting Go, The Missing Beats, My Name Is Despair, This Is The End. It's pretty depressing listen in all, and whoever inspired the lyrics is clearly in a very bad place.

This is the Charlatans without their groove, without the love, and by mimicking the sound of equally retro new indie bands, ironically starting to show their age.