Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "book worm" (Romania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lexar Professional 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 600X 90MB/s High Speed SDHC Memory Card
Lexar Professional 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 600X 90MB/s High Speed SDHC Memory Card
Offered by Abe Deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the speediest consumer cards at an affordable price, 28 July 2014
This is probably the best value card one can buy. I got it over a year ago for a Pentax K-II camera. It manages to take all the RAW's thrown at it in a stride and be ready for more.

The capacity is only average but the speed for the price is unmatched, especially given the fact that during a year of intensive use it hasn't given up on me yet.

Titanfall  [Online Game Code]
Titanfall [Online Game Code]

3.0 out of 5 stars Shallow game, 28 July 2014
I have to say that the current dl price (under 25) is more decent for the product. It's definitely a fun game, but the innovation is skin-deep only and the maps are very few and lose their appeal after a few weeks.

As it's only multiplayer, there's no in-depth story related to a universe or something to grab your imagination and keep you there.

Lavolta Portable Folding Laptop Table Desk Tray Stand with Cooling Pad - 2x Cooler Fans - Aluminium Alloy - Adjustable-Angle Legs - Red
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 15' and under, don't try with 17', 28 July 2014
I used this with a 13' ultrabook as well as a 17' gaming laptop and after a few months of daily use it's still going strong.

One caveat is that the cooler can't really handle a 17' laptop even if said laptop sits comfortable on the desk. It cooled the ultrabook well enough (exceptionally I would say given that said ultrabook would become impossible to hold in my lap with a fair pair of cotton pants on). However it did nothing for the 17'.

I tried it with a couple of 15' laptops belonging to friends with mixed results: one had a vent placed lower and the cooler did well enough to catch the underside with one fan and the hot air from the vent with the other (which wasn't fully covered). The other had nothing therefore the cooling didn't quite match the first.

And at last, another issue with the 17' laptop was that the table became quite wobbly under its weight. Nothing gave in but I probably won't use it with the 17' again as there's no gain (no stability, no cooling).

QI standard Wireless Charger + 6000 mAh mobile power USB Port External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger for Smart phones Google Nexus 5 and Goole Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Samsung galaxy note3 S4 S3 note2 and NOKIA Lumia 920 and 820 and iphone 4/5/5S/5C (Black)
Offered by KENRIS TECH

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing battery!, 28 July 2014
As far as portable batteries go, this one is amazing. It's light (compared to a previous 12000 mAh brick I still use) and charges everything I throw at it.

So far I've tried it with a Lumia 920, Lumia 930, Nexus 5 and an LG G3. All work flawlessly, especially the latter which fits perfectly on the top and it managed to stay upright while having both the G3 and the charges tucked one against the other in my satchel on the way to work.

The one and only downside is that the travel plug adapter for the USB chord that the battery uses to charge came in with a dent on the left metallic blade of the USB female port. Therefore the male port wouldn't connect.

Not a biggie for me as between my devices I have 3 to spare but still something to mention just in case. I would cut only half a star if I could but I can't so there it is.

Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of technology marred by cheap hype and marketing lies, 27 Dec 2013
First of all, kudos to Amazon. When I ordered my gamer pack I was told it won't arrive by Christmas. Thanks to quick dispatch by Amazon and to UPS, it arrived on the 24th of December. Great hob there!

So after a few days with the device, here are some Q&A (through the eyes of a former Xbox One owner - sold that one)

1. Is it true that PSN delivers better value than Xbox Live? - YES. You have more free games, which are also better. Second screen works on all platforms where the app exists (unlike Xbox where Smartglass has a lot of restrictions on Android, for example Smartglass won't work on Galaxy Note 2 but the PSN app works).

2. Is it true that PS4 doesn't require an always-on internet connection? - NO. This is false and it seems that Sony lied during the marketing campaign. While it's true the console works offline, it can only be used to watch Blu-Rays. All games require constant license validation via PSN and while playing (regardless if it's single or multiplayer) you need to be online and connected to PSN. There's no offline gaming so far. Even if you started playing and the connection broke down on Sony's side, the game will stop. This is also valid for apps like Netflix or Vudu (if PSN has an issue, Netflix will give you a 15-minute warning that it can't check the app's license and then it will stop).

3. Is it true that third party apps like Netflix do not require PSN? - NO. While it doesn't require a Plus subscription, Netflix is still downloaded from Playstation Store and for it to work you must always be online and connected to PSN (whether Free or Plus, doesn't matter).

4. Is it true that PS4 can't play non-DRM music? - YES. PS4 lacks support for most free codecs and can't play media from storage or from DLNA servers.

5. Is it true that PS4 supports the same kind of voice commands as Xbox One? - NO, not really. PS4 has good support for simple commands (such as to start a game or navigate through your library) but it is quite limited. Also, it is a bit less fun (for Xbox, you can say "Xbox, Go Home (you're drunk))" :)

After playing with both consoles, I can definitely say that while neither is perfect, the PS4 has an edge, despite the constant outages of its PSN.

Xbox One has a better UI, the Kinect, true offline gaming and Xbox Live stability, but PS4 does indeed to have more freedom (user changeable HDD, no subscription required for third party apps) more & better games and the huge price+value advantage.

*** review will be updated in time ***

Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - Black/Pearl
Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - Black/Pearl

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing case at a reasonable price, 28 Nov 2013
1. It's silent. Not as silent as I was expecting but does wonders with my GTX 770 with extra cooling inside.
2. It's big. This means that it has great airflow and I only recently came to appreciate this.

Xbox One Console: Day One Edition (with FIFA 14 download code)
Xbox One Console: Day One Edition (with FIFA 14 download code)

3.0 out of 5 stars Here are my two (euro) cents, 28 Nov 2013
What is good:
- it's incredibly quite when operating
- it draws little power even when it's in "instant on" mode
- the new Kinect is damn precise although it takes a little practice to get used to speaking to it and with the moves
- the controller is awesome! good texture, the finish of the two joysticks allows for very precise control (finally!), the "xbox" button lighting is pleasant, it's more compact that the '360' controller and much nicer to work with
- very slick user interface
- awesome sound & image in blurays (luckily I had no issue with the optical drive or rebooting)

What is bad:
- you have to pay for Xbox Live Gold to do anything (you're already paying Netflix? pay Microsoft too! Sony has you paying for gaming but third party apps can be used for no extra charge)
- controller has regular batteries, not rechargeable (seriously? even now??)
- Xbox Live site is still annoying to use (games with regional restrictions are there, despite Microsoft claims - I had the misfortune to try something marked as free for Gold but was told I couldn't download it outside US)
- control your TV box? Sure, if you live in the US. For everyone else it's not a feature.
- Xbox One games are more expensive than Sony PS4 games (for most titles it's between 1 to 6 pounds more on Amazon), not a lot but given that you already pay more for a console it's not nice
- games pushing for microtransactions (see Forza 5 reviews)
- SmartGlass integration: again, not available everywhere (not in my country apparently)

Overall, it's a nice console that doesn't justify its price especially since you need to keep churning out cash just to get to the same level that PS4 is out of the box (rechargeable controller, use of third-party apps, more expensive games).

Later update:
- with a little practice, I found that I can easily control the UI just by voice and gestures. The only time when the controller is needed is in Settings menu or when typing. Voice control also works in any player, including Netflix and the BluRay player
- the BluRay player is an app that must be manually installed, there's no readily available player
- although the Kinect is damn good at speech recognition, it's very annoying that you still need the controller to type. Why can't I just spell (letter by letter if needed) what I want to type? Sure, I'd still prefer to use the controller for passwords but for everything else I should be able to, just like you can search by voice on Bing.
- annoying thing: to search the web you must go to Internet Explorer (very awful browser), although you have a Bing search engine which apparently works only for the Xbox Live Store
- Hulu is not available
- FIFA 14 has a lot of voice commands that can be used for controlling you team on the field. This is possibly the coolest thing available on launch!
- apparently I was wrong before, Smartglass is not limited by country but by device. For Android devices (like I use), you must use a tablet (or devices > 7inch display). The Play Store doesn't tell you that, but Xbox support is helpful enough.

Sony Ultra Compact Case for Handycam - Black
Sony Ultra Compact Case for Handycam - Black
Offered by British_Bargains

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre case, 17 Oct 2013
This case offers the bare minimum to carry your handycam around. It doesn't offer much protection: no shock protection, no water/rain protection, although it does have a handy pocket for a card and a cable.

Ex-Pro® Quality Chrome Vanadium Screwdriver Set 42Pc with carry case. (Torx/Phillips/Fat)
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value set, 17 Oct 2013
This is definitely the best and most complete screwdriver set I owned. Initially I wanted a set of small Tor-X screwdrivers for my hobby of building PC systems for my friends (where a previous cheaper Drapper set failed). However, I decided on this more expensive but also more complete set due to them being Chrome-Vanadium.

After using them for a couple of days I can say they are sturdy and passed the test that resulted in the corrosion of my former Drappers.

Logitech Gaming Mouse G700
Logitech Gaming Mouse G700

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Mouse, 26 Aug 2013
This mouse is definitely one of the best I've used and definitely the best wireless gaming mouse (even opposite some of my previous mice from Razer).
I've decided to replace my Razer Deathadder USB mouse while at the same time trying to get rid of the cable. I was reluctant at first after reading many reviews criticizing the performance of wireless gaming mice but eventually I decided I don't really care for microseconds as I'm not exactly a pro.

Now I'm using the G700 in Battlefield 3 and it does feel like a major improvement over my previous Deathadder as well as my backup Razer Naga. IT doesn't have many buttons but those that exist, are perfectly placed to serve as fast shortcuts for throwing grenades, quick weapon switch or melee.

The best feature is that the scroll wheel can worked either in "blocked" mode (where it scrolls only a limited distance with precision) or "unblocked" or "free" mode where it scrolls very fast with minimal friction.

The only problem I found (and the reason for 4/5 instead of 5/5) is that the rechargable battery doesn't last very long. The main issue is that when you're left with two yellow dots on the battery indicator, performance starts to degrade rapidly (problem can be mitigated by the fact that the mouse works just as well while wired and recharging, but still ... I'd expected better).

Some people pointed out the lack of adjustable weight: this is a matter of preference. For me, the mouse fits perfectly in hand and it's very well balanced as it is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6