Profile for Ms. Elizabeth Hanna > Reviews

Content by Ms. Elizabeth ...

Ms. Elizabeth Hanna "elizabeth" (belfast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Seven Secrets of Happiness
The Seven Secrets of Happiness
by Sharon Owens

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Sharon Owens Book, 2 Feb. 2010
I loved reading this book so much. I live not far from the Ravenhill Road & know the area very well indeed. I loved the dialogue & the various little Belfast/Northern Irish references. Even if you are not from Belfast/N.Ireland, i defy anyone not to enjoy this lovely story. I have already bought some copies of Seven Secrets... as presents for friends & can think of a few more people I want to buy this novel for. Well done!

Twenties Girl
Twenties Girl
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a delight to read dah-lings!, 18 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Twenties Girl (Paperback)
I loved this book right from the very first word to its last! All of the characters were so well written. I liked the language & cultural differences between the 1920s & the 21st century. If you are looking for a happy book to read, to enable you to switch off from the day to day stresses of daily living, this is definitely the book to read!I cannot praise it highly enough!

The Brightest Star in the Sky
The Brightest Star in the Sky
by Marian Keyes

3.0 out of 5 stars O Dear!?!, 4 Jan. 2010
O dear, but i did find Marian Keyes latest offering a struggle to read & finish. I liked the idea of a spirit telling the story, but the best bit of the novel for me was the end. I don't mean this necessarily in a bad way, as i did feel the story began to become more enjoyable for me towards the end. I think 1 of the problems with The Brightest Star... was that there were far too many lead characters & the chapters were jumping too quickly from 1 person to the next. I really liked Lydia & her Polish flat mates & also Fionn, Jemima & her dog. I do apologise to Marian for giving her such a flat review, but if this novel had been written by any other author, i don't think i would have continued to read what was for me a very long novel to it's end. I will still look forward to the next novel, but quite frankly, it was a relief for me to finish it.

Forever FM
Forever FM
by Colette Caddle

5.0 out of 5 stars very good!, 20 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Forever FM (Paperback)
This is the first Colette Caddle novel I have read & what attracted me to it was it's main setting in a radio station. It took me a while to get comfortable with the characters, but it soon became an easy page turner. Just like Maeve, i hope one day to find my own "Craig". I will definitely read another of Colette Caddle's books very soon!

The Knitting Circle
The Knitting Circle
by Ann Hood

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 20 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Knitting Circle (Paperback)
I am not a knitter, but i do enjoy fictional novels with a knitting theme. I do like the idea of a group of women getting together & whilst having a common interest, sharing their lives with eachother & the reader. If you're after an enjoyable read, this is the book for you!

Jumping in Puddles
Jumping in Puddles
by Claire Allan

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable!, 4 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Jumping in Puddles (Paperback)
Looking at the other reviewers of Jumping In Puddles, i totally agree with them in that it is a very enjoyable read. If you are in any doubt about whether or not to buy this novel, please don't be. Just buy it as it is very enjoyable & totally up to date regarding a lot of references made to the year in which it is written ie this year!

The Wish List
The Wish List
by Martina Reilly

5.0 out of 5 stars I Luv Luv Luv The Wish List!, 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Wish List (Paperback)
If there is 1 book you read this year, it has to be this 1. This is a delightful, charming story. There is a serious element to it, but like all of Martina/Tina Reilly's novels, it is very easy to read. Martina Reilly writes terrific dialogue & whilst i have other favourite writers, for some reason whenever i start to read 1 of Martina/Tina Reilly's novels, i really cannot put it down. I am reading at every opportunity i get. I have another 60 or so pages to read, but for someone who would consider herself a slow reader, i fully anticipate finishing The Wish List tonight. All of my other Friday night interests will be set aside to savour what i have left to read of this wonderful novel. Well done Martina & please write another novel very soon!

Stud Muffins: Luscious, Delectable, Yummy (and Good Muffin Recipes, Too!)
Stud Muffins: Luscious, Delectable, Yummy (and Good Muffin Recipes, Too!)
by Judi Guizado

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 Sept. 2009
A few months ago i went through a baking phase of my life & this is why i bought this book. It's a real girly book with great recipes & lots of interesting reading! I will be buying several copies at Christmas for my girlfriends!

On The Road To Mr Right
On The Road To Mr Right
by Belinda Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best!, 4 Sept. 2009
This is the last of Belinda Jones books that i've read & it was a lot of fun to read. I'd thoroughly recommend it & can't wait for her next book!

The Secret Life of Bees
The Secret Life of Bees
by Sue Monk Kidd

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best books i've ever read!, 10 Aug. 2009
I was loaned this book by 1 of my managers in work. I was a bit dubious as to whether or not i wanted to read it as i was informed that there was a bit in it about the civil rights movement in America & i was worried that i might end up reading paragraphs with lots of violence. However, i was glad i took the time to read Secret Life Of Bees. It's such a beautiful book & I passed it on to my 69 year old mother & an 83 year old friend of ours, both of whom enjoyed it every bit as much as myself. I would love a sequel to it. I would also recommend the dvd, as it was made into film, which is every bit as good as the novel!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4