Profile for Night Owl Reader > Reviews

Content by Night Owl Reader

Night Owl Reader (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Sword of Unmaking  (The Wizard of Time - Book 2)
The Sword of Unmaking (The Wizard of Time - Book 2)
Price: 2.03

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 27 May 2013
I found the first book of this series quite by chance and was hooked on the intricate nature of time travel and the terrible consquences bad decisions can have.

This book continues on with the time war and stopping the Apollyons from getting to the barrier and destroying the primary continum.

What I liked about this book is it is full of action throughout the book and it never stops. Gabriel has to make some tough decisions while trying to develop a relationship with Teresa. Also, I was captured by the introduction of Marcus Aurelius into the story. I found him to be very wise and insightful as a character, which Gabriel comes to rely on as the story unfolds

Although, one little negitive is at times in the story I found it a bit like a history book that I was reading and I found it hard to remember I was reading a fantasy book.

But other than that, I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next installment.

Gravity (Mageri Series: Book 4)
Gravity (Mageri Series: Book 4)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice surprise to find this book had been released! Love it when this happens!, 27 May 2013
I have really enjoyed the series so far and was not disappointed with the latest installment.

Silver's story continues with her mysterious beginning to becoming a mage and the answers begin to unfold. We get to see her relationship develop more with Logan and the results of a vendetta against him, having horrible consequences for Silver.

What I liked about this book is the way Justus' s own story unfolds in the book and you find yourself rooting for the best outcome. Also, Dark continues to let us into the world of Breed, which for me is something quite unique with all the current fantasy books out there about vampires, werewolves & other such creatures.

If you haven't read the other books in the Mageri series then I recommend you download them now so you can read this great book.

I cannot wait for thr next book, bring on the end of 2013 :)

Down London Road
Down London Road
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book in its own right but I expected more..., 11 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
This book picks up just before the epilogue of On Dublin street with Joss' s friend, Jo Walker. We learn quickly that she had a rough start to life and dates rich men to help her out financially, to 'make ends meet'. Her world quickly gets turned upside down with a sexy, scorching man called Cam and drama soon follows. If you think you'll miss Joss and Branden your're not disappointed in this book as Samantha Young gives you a different perspective to their story and its just as informing :)

Now, what did I think?

I am in two minds about this book.

One, I don't think it grabbed me as much as the first book and I wasn't as captivated as much with the characters, being as drawn in to their experiences and dramas as the book developed.

Two, I was waiting for something more to happen throughout the book and it only started to get somewhere near to the end. Then, happily ever after... the end.

But on the other hand, it did have the same underlining sexy trysts between Cam and Jo, very much like Joss and Branden. Young promised us more on the previous characters and that's what we got. I really found Bradens protective nature for Jo endearing and must have punched my fist in the air at a few scenes in the book for his behaviour.

Maybe I had to higher expectations for this book as I loved the last book and should not have expected it to be exactly the same as it is in its own right a good book.

Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits Book 4)
Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits Book 4)
Price: 2.54

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice ending :), 4 May 2013
I'd been waiting a while for this book to be released and I was not disappointed.

I really enjoyed how the different plot lines throughout the story were intertwined. Especially at how Ari's and Jai's relationship blossomed in this book. It reminded me a lot of Eden's and Noah's from Warriors of Ankh, with the constant push and pull of their relationship.

Again, Samantha Young was really able to pull you into the realm of fantasy of the Jinn, which for me is what fantasy is all about.

Anyone who hasn't read the other books in the series, its a must. You'll not be disappointed!

Apple iPhone 4/4S - iPhone 4G Polka Dot Series Black TPU Gel Case Cover - White/Black - Accessories4Life
Offered by Gadgets 'N' Bits Ltd.
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and sleek, 10 April 2013
There are so many cases to choose from and I eventually went for this polka dot case for my iphone 4s. The case was exactly as described at a low cost and arrived promptly. The cover doesn't have that sometimes cheap look that other low costing cases may have This case looks sleek and it is very nice to hold.

Would recommend this seller and may even buy other cases in the other available colours :)

Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves Series Book 6)
Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves Series Book 6)
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaw dropping book, 15 Mar 2013
Quinn Loftis did it again. I started this yesterday afternoon and finished 5 hours later.

The story jumps right into where the last book left off, with the she wolves, the gypsy healers and Peri kicking booty to get their men back. I just found that my jaw kept dropping throughout the book as the characters go through some pretty tough stuff. On the other hand Loftis still managed to make me laugh (and I mean out loud) with the sarcastic humour of Jen, Sally and Jacque (even Peri had some cracking one liners) which is very in line with my own humour.

If you like books where the characters just draw you in and you find your self feeling for everything they go through, then this is the book (and series) for you. It has lots of humour, action and never ending drama. I think Loftis could write many books and you wouldn't get bored or think over kill.

Bring on the next book!

Sleeping Gods (The Lunangelique Series Book 2)
Sleeping Gods (The Lunangelique Series Book 2)
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a step up, 24 Feb 2013
This book was just as good as the first if not better.

The story has developed very well and has a much more serious edge to it. You don't easily get bored.

This trilogy is definitely a nice little find.

Lunangelique (The Lunangelique Series Book 1)
Lunangelique (The Lunangelique Series Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars what a good start to a trilogy, 24 Feb 2013
I found this book as a freebie and I really enjoyed it. It wasnt too obvious where the plot would take you and I liked the new twist the author brought to myth of the Greek Gods.

The ending was very good and left you right on the edge of the cliff. I immediately went on Amazon and downloaded the next book.

Awakened Gods (The Lunangelique Series Book 3)
Awakened Gods (The Lunangelique Series Book 3)
Price: 1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected., 24 Feb 2013
The trilogy overall was very well written in my opinion. The plot line was very well thoughtout and the characters definitely caught the readers attention.

But from the first book to the last book I did not expect it to end up there. I was quite shocked and slightly disappointed. I hoped the ending would be epic and not anti climactic. In reading some of the other reviews I agree, the ending was slightly rushed and came out of know where.

Read it and see what you think.

Sleeping with Paris
Sleeping with Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping with Paris - what a find!, 31 Dec 2012
I originally found this book while it was free on freedigitalreads.com and added it to the pile to read it at some point.

Well today was the day, started it this morning and have only put it down because I've finushed it. If you like sex and the city and a good old romance with a heart warming ending then you will love this book.

You find yourself rooting for certain characters right from the start and read it just that little bit faster to find out what happens on the next page.

All in all strong characters, juicy plot and leaves you wanting more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3