Profile for Colin Ellis > Reviews

Content by Colin Ellis

Colin Ellis "Bookworm" (West Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Eragon (2 disc) [DVD]
Eragon (2 disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward Speleers
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but no classic, 20 Nov 2007
This review is from: Eragon (2 disc) [DVD] (DVD)
As a film it is an enjoyable watch, but if you've read the book........well then it is a bit thin.

Rent it - don't buy it.

XFX nVidia GF FX5200, 256MB VGA and DVI Graphics Card
XFX nVidia GF FX5200, 256MB VGA and DVI Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - a must for Dell owners, 20 Nov 2007
If like me you have a Dell PC with integrated graphics and a PCI (not express) slot then this is for you. Provided great gaming opportunities and an overall improvement in PC performance - well worth the money

Cold Spring Harbour
Cold Spring Harbour

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my favourite of his albums, 20 Nov 2007
This review is from: Cold Spring Harbour (Audio CD)
Maybe it is just me but I still think this is the best of his albums (and I have them all) excellent lyrics, emotional performances. If you've never heard it I cannot recommend it highly enough. Don't expect another Uptown Girl though!!

Set Me Free
Set Me Free
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not exceptional, 20 Nov 2007
This review is from: Set Me Free (Audio CD)
I first enountered Marion when she supported Meat Loaf on his 2007 tour, I had expected more following her performance on stage. As others have pointed out, rather too focussed in ex-boyfried bashing but generally well written with strong vocals.

The Hobbit
The Hobbit
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Price: 45.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A true collectors edition, 20 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Hobbit (Hardcover)
Yes it is expensive, but for a collector this is a must have, Slip case and boards are excellent, a well thought out edition that looks great alongside the Lord of The Rings special edition.

The Lord of the Rings: 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
The Lord of the Rings: 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
by Brian Sibley
Price: 65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for collectors, 20 Nov 2007
Though there is not a huge amount of additional material in this edition it so beautifully put together as to justify the cost (a high one) - at least it does for me. Slip case and binding are excellent.

Avery A4 Office Guillotine
Avery A4 Office Guillotine
Price: 43.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Clunky, 20 Nov 2007
Sold as easy to use but in my opioion not so, cumbersome to use, alignment of materials not easy. Cuts well enough though

HP DeskJet 1280 Colour A3+ Inkjet Printer
HP DeskJet 1280 Colour A3+ Inkjet Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable but not record breaking, 31 Aug 2007
As a bog standard, A3 printer this unit has been fine, the quality is great for what I use it for, simple posters and signage, I would not recommend it for someone looking for a device to support high throughput or usage, as others have commented the paper feed can be a little flakey.

All in all for does what is says on the tin.

Vulcan 607
Vulcan 607
by Rowland White
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars British daring do at its best, 31 Aug 2007
This review is from: Vulcan 607 (Paperback)
Whilst the end result of the raid on Port Stanley airport cannot be said to be a total success, the story of the raid, the flowing writing, fantastic level of detail, and the annecdotes and personalaties involved make this a fantastic read.

I was loaned by the friend, loved it so much bought myself and my father a copy. Truly well worth a read.

No Title Available
by Brian Sibley
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 12 May 2007
As a lover of Tolkein I was slightly concerned that this audio version of the book would clash with the images I have of the characters in my head as I read it - voices not matching my perceptions of the characters but how wrong was I. Simply brilliant - no need to wax lyrical it's just a masterful reading of a masterpiece.

This is an absolutely must have work for any lover of the Lord of The Rings.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4