Profile for Eddo > Reviews

Content by Eddo

Eddo

StandOut - The Groundbreaking New Strengths Assessment from the Leader of the Strengths Revolution
by Marcus Buckingham

5.0 out of 5 stars It grows on 'ya, 4 Mar. 2012
I got the book with high expectations, took the assessment, got my hopes dashed because I didn't agree with the results, then began a long climb back.... As a committed Marcus Buckingham mentoree, I was less easily less impressed with this book than the others.

When a friend encouraged me to look deeper into what it was the book is describing and the assessment is measuring, I was skeptical and discouraged. I have since had a complete turnaround. The 9 options represent one's talents and tendencies at a deeper level than does the StrengthsFinder assessment, which I'm also deeply indebted to, and the more time I spend with the book, the more impressed I become. While the concepts are not a quick study, these 9 possibilities for one's "edge" draw from a deeper pool.

For those who really want to increase understanding of the differences in people, this book is a valuable, valuable tool. Those who want a better, richer context for understanding what it is that makes them valuable, I recommend making the book your main resource for learning for the next month or so. Your StrengthsFinder strengths will take on new dimension within this StandOut context.