Profile for C. Grey > Reviews

WD Black Cover 2.5
WD Black Cover 2.5
Offered by Mobinator

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad advertising., 7 Feb 2014
This cover is not hard as advertised, nor is it the size stated. Its significantly thinner.
I have complained to Amazon and asked them to have this corrected, as yet this has not happened!
If you want a thin soft tight fitting cover then it might just fit, but dont bank on it!

Crayola Creations Sparkly Charms Kit
Crayola Creations Sparkly Charms Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor....Crayola fail again., 16 Dec 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter received this as present. On the outside it looked perfect for a girl who loves arts and crafts. Inside it includes instructions which are vague and don't provide enough detail. The amount of string included is a joke, definitely not long enough to make a bracelet for the smallest of wrists (which is indicated in the instructions). It does contain plenty of charms, so if you're willing to purchase more string you may have a level of success.
I was also amazed the cost, I'd have valued this at around £5. £15 is an absolute rip off.

Tomorrow's Harvest
Tomorrow's Harvest

2.0 out of 5 stars So far, no......, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tomorrow's Harvest (Audio CD)
As a long time fan I was over the moon to hear about the new release. But I'm afraid several months of listening and I'm still as disappointed as the day it was released. Its typical BOC sound but without that stroke of genius. Its mostly flat and doesn't particularly excite. 4 or 5 of the tracks would have made a great EP, but the rest I just find boring.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2013 8:33 PM BST

Crucial Electro 4
Crucial Electro 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Money for old rope., 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Crucial Electro 4 (Audio CD)
In the 80s the Streetsounds Electro series were essential to any Hip Hop fan. They gave the UK listener affordable access to countless classics we would never of heard of unless we were regular diggers in major city independent record shops. It was Streetsounds that inspired me to start DJing and I have over the years managed to source a lot of the original tracks.
So here we are 25 years on and there appears to be a Streetsounds revival. When I heard there was going to be another Crucial release I was quite excited. The massive delay that followed managed to deplete most of that. Then there's the track list.... nothing new that didn't appear on the original LPs! Money for old rope I was starting to think. The remixes - I don't really care too much for a modern day take on these tracks as they're classics, and personally feel they shouldn't be tampered with. So that said there was still the mix to look forward to, another great detail in the Streetsounds legacy. But this mix by legendary Kurtis Mantronik is embarrassingly amateur. It appears to have been done on an Ableton type of software, which Mantronik appears to have relied on too much. There are obvious mistakes, which should have never been allowed out of the door.
So in summary, this release falls way too short. If you want remastered copies of the original classics then buy it. Otherwise save your money.