Profile for lucius > Reviews

lucius (GB)

Seiko Men's SMY111 Silver Stainless-Steel Quartz Watch with Blue Dial
Seiko Men's SMY111 Silver Stainless-Steel Quartz Watch with Blue Dial

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sept. 2014
Couldn't actually be more pleased. Thank you.

The Gospel According to Everyone
The Gospel According to Everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 8 April 2014
A moving account of the influence of God in the lives of ordinary or perhaps I should say surprisingly extraordinary people. It's a quick read and not written with any literary merit but that's not the point. Recommended.

Executive Shaving Universal Brush And Razor Stand In Black Acrylic
Executive Shaving Universal Brush And Razor Stand In Black Acrylic
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, 3 Jan. 2013
I can't believe I bought this. It's an expensive piece of plastic but its perfect for the job and keeps my bathroom sink area nice and tidy. Can't fault it. You can see exactly what you are getting-just don't think too much about the cost!

Cities of Roman Italy (Classical World Series)
Cities of Roman Italy (Classical World Series)
by Guy de la Bedoyere

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessary purchase., 29 April 2012
This book is a necessary companion to the OCR AS Classical Civilisation examination. It's not a long text. It could be more detailed. You could possibly argue with some of the content but it does get to the heart of the key themes required for the examination. As a bonus it gives a useful information about visiting the sites and information on how to access a range of site walkthroughs on YouTube.
There is much of benefit for the general reader or tourist who would like to understand three key Roman sites (Pompeii, Ostia and Herculaneum) at a deeper level.

Humbrol Paint Decalfix 28ml Bottle
Humbrol Paint Decalfix 28ml Bottle
Offered by Models4hobby

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so bad, 25 April 2012
I have given this product three stars as I think there may be better products around but I'm pretty inexperienced at this hobby. That said it worked well for me and was certainly better than applying to bare paint. The decals seemed to be painted on after use. I did give my model a coat of varnish before applying decal fix and sliding the decals on. The decals applied easily and there were no rips. I varnished over the decals when they were on and I'm pretty pleased with my result.

The Airfix Book of Scale Modelling
The Airfix Book of Scale Modelling
by Jonathan Mock

5.0 out of 5 stars Experienced modellers look elsewhere but I'm happy, 28 Feb. 2012
I've seen a negative review of this. I think it simply needs clarifying that this is a book for the beginner but will give you much useful information about tools and techniques to go to the next level. It takes you through four or five projects using specific kits with some very nice colour photography. I wanted advice on painting and was delighted that this is pretty thorough. I know an experienced modeller will have plenty more to add but for me at my level I'm very happy.