ARRAY(0xabdacca8)

Carnavas [Int'L Only Release]
Carnavas [Int'L Only Release]
Price: 8.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 5 July 2007
This album definitely has potential.

The guitars are decent and there are some decent moments in the album.

It sets a good atmosphere.

However, all of the tunes only rate as a 6/7 out of 10.

They are ok but not amazing. Definitely worth a listen though.

Zeitgeist [German Edition]
Zeitgeist [German Edition]
Offered by BestSellerRecordshop
Price: 3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album I have heard in the past decade, 2 July 2007
Wow!

When I firsty started playing this album a few days ago I approached it with some skepticism. Some of Billy Corgans recent work including "The Future Embrace" and Machina has been ok but has not blown me away like Mellon Collie and Siamese dream did.

This album exceeded all expectations and is up there at the same level as Siamese Dream / Mellon Collie. Maybe not quite as good but it comes very close.

Favourites are 7 shades of black, Bleeding the Orchid, Starz, United States, Bring the Light and Pomp and Circumstance but all of them are good. There is not one filler on this album.

United States is an epic song, the drumming is fantastic and the ending was just outstanding.

Pomp and Circumstance is very strange. First listen I didn't really get it as it was so far removed from anything the Pumpkins have done before but now I am really enjoying it. It makes me feel like I am floating in a space ship.

People have criticised their decision to release 4 different albums but this has not merit. Have these people forgotten that they actually released their last album before they split up in 2000 on the internet for FREE?? Also, it is Reprise / Warner Bros that should be criticised for it is them that makes these types of marketing decisions and also it is a bonus track at no extra price. They will all be available in other places as well I am sure. Death from Above is already available on the Tarantula single.

This CD, once released, will be in my CD player for a long long time. One of the best albums I have heard in 10-15 years and I am not just saying this because I am a fan. I was heavily critical of Machina and TFE. Billy Corgan still has a genius ability to write some of the most powerful rock music out at the moment. They don't follow trends, they set them.

I find it hard to put into words how much I love this album - it is simply stunning.