Profile for Imperfectly Natural Woman > Reviews

Content by Imperfectly Na...

Imperfectly Natural Woman "Janey" (UK)

Juice Yourself Slim: Lose Weight Without Dieting: The Healthy Way to Lose Weight Without Dieting
by Jason Vale
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm juiced !, 11 Jun 2008
As a fellow author who writes books on holistic living, I've mentioned Jason in my books, when I wrote Imperfectly Natural Woman I had read 71bs in 7 days but confess I didn't actually get round to doing it ! Better late than never though, I now have the 'juicemaster' bug. Good old Jason has changed my life. I attended a 'juicy retreat' lost almost a stone in weight and best of all have kept the weight off since coming home. How ? no diets, calorie counting or misery, just having Jasons 'turbo charger' smoothie for brekkie and juicing daily, best of all we never buy fruit juice or cordials anymore, the kids know the fruit bowl will always contain fruit and they help themselves. Its the best way of sneaking veg into them too, the little ones have no idea mums sneaking in broccoli, courgettes, celery and cucumber into their tropical smoothies. The recipes are brilliant and this is the easiest way to lose weight and stay slim but best of all its about health and its incredible how we can promote drugs across the media and yet its seen as 'propoganda' if we make claims about the anti-cancer healing properties of juicing your fruit and veg. Get juicy, you won't regret it...
P.S Jason is also an amazing 'life coach' he wouldn't call himself that but he sures does sort out addictions and help people decide whats important in their life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2009 9:26 PM GMT

How Teenagers Think: An Insider's Guide to Living with a Teenager
How Teenagers Think: An Insider's Guide to Living with a Teenager
by JellyEllie

5.0 out of 5 stars Go girl !, 29 Jun 2007
I'm proud to have persuaded Steve Wright to interview her on the big show cos I loved this book and my kids aren't even at this stage yet.

The tips apply though, even now if we meet their friends in town the 9 year old squirms - as jelliellie says if you meet your teenagers mates whilst shopping do the decent thing - hide !!!

Imperfectly natural

De-stress Your Life: In Seven Easy Steps (Book & CD)
De-stress Your Life: In Seven Easy Steps (Book & CD)
by Glenn Harrold

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 25 Mar 2007
I must declare an interest immediately. I am also an author on Orion books and if you read 'Imperfectly Natural Baby and Toddler' you'll know I also believe in the holistic approach to just about everything. I can't be doing with patronising types though and thankfully Glenn is refreshingly real. He's kind of 'rough and ready made good' and his honest approach to setting goals, tips to de-stress and take control of your own life really ring true. The book comes with an excellent audio CD too. Perfect for anyone who is put off by seemingly smug american self help gurus. Glenn is the real deal

Janey Lee Grace

Diary of a Reluctant Green: Can You Save the Planet and Have a Life?
Diary of a Reluctant Green: Can You Save the Planet and Have a Life?
by Richard Hallows
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED it !, 28 Feb 2007
I guess I've already stated my case as I've endorsed this book but really its so up my street - and yoursI bet. Hilariously funny at times, very realistic and honest but without being too 'worthy' Somehow reading of his personal experiences makes you want to btry a bit harder to be 'green' but you don't feel you're being preached at.