Profile for David Green > Reviews

Content by David Green

David Green "Glow Worm" (Nottingham, England)

Argument of Kings
Argument of Kings
by Vernon Scannell

4.0 out of 5 stars As War Memoirs Go this is a good one, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Argument of Kings (Hardcover)
The author, a well published poet after the war, walked away from a battlefield having seen too much. He went to prison for his error and returned to fight in Normandy where he was wounded in action.
The book includes an extraordinary and moving wartime romance set in Manchester and I would recommend it to anyone who likes great writing and a truth which is not necessarily palatable. I read it in two days because I couldn't put it down.

Mean Streets (Special Edition) [DVD]
Mean Streets (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harvey Keitel
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 8.10

4.0 out of 5 stars And the star of the film is...., 16 April 2013
David Proval. I saw this film last weekend on TV late at night and was genuinely surprised by this actor, the one man in the film who didn't look like he was acting. I recognised the face but didn't know who he was. I am old enough to have seen this 40 years ago but didn't although I worked in the film industry at the time. An outstanding film in many ways, full of surprises and I think it stands the test of time. De Niro and Keitel went on to make great careers, Proval, so natural and easy never got the star billing but he stands out in this.

Vivian Maier
Vivian Maier
by Vivian Maier
Price: 15.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A great way to start, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Vivian Maier (Hardcover)
A great way to start off the work of Vivien Maier. I would have liked more text to fill out the mysterious almost double life of this woman but the reproductions of some of her most known pictures are very good in my opinion.
I look forward to seeing the documentary film and hopefully some more pictures from the seemingly endless catalogue.