Profile for E.T. > Reviews

Content by E.T.

E.T.

Forging The Land...(2dvd+2cd digi book box)
Forging The Land...(2dvd+2cd digi book box)
Dvd ~ Amorphis
Offered by books-store

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it, you'll love it!, 1 Oct. 2014
Bought this CD/DVD not long after finding out about these guys. Saw them live in Osaka by chance (the opening band was a favorite of mine) and I stuck around to check them out. I am SO glad I did as I found a new and interesting band to follow. Bought Circle not long after the show and liked it a lot. Figured the best way to dive into their back catalog was to get this concert DVD, so I could hear music from various albums and get a better feel for their music. Also it has the added bonus of a documentary talking about the first 20 years of their career, right from the beginning. After watching the DVD with the 2 shows , documentary and putting the CD into my ipod so I could listen to the Oulu show a few times I have come to a couple conclusions. One, why has it taken me so long to find these guys?, they are GREAT! And two, I REALLY wish I had been at that Oulu show back in 2009, it was a FANTASTIC concert! Not only do these guys make beautiful, interesting music, they also seem genuinely grateful for where they are today. They are truly a refreshing, unique band and I am so glad I have finally found them!

Circle (Bonus One DVD)
Circle (Bonus One DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A new fan., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Circle (Bonus One DVD) (Audio CD)
Just recently introduced to this band. Saw them live without knowing any of their music, thanks to the opening band being a favorite of mine. I'll preface my review by saying I'm not a huge metal fan (the metal I like is more old school , Led Zeppelin etc...) and death metal is not on my radar. However saying that, these guys really surprised me with how much I liked their music. During the concert the melodic side of their music really caught my interest. I believe it was the song "Narrow Path" that started it off. The song has a strong Celtic melody to it, which was a pleasant surprise. Then I really started to listen for the other folk elements in the music and now I'm hooked. As I mentioned to a friend after listening to the album a few times, the music reminds me of the original fairy tales of old; hauntingly beautiful, but meant to scare the hell out of you. It has really been interesting delving deeper into their music. Being a woman, I would recommend this album to men who want to get their girlfriends into the death/melodic metal genre. There are elements for the death metal fans and lots of elements of a softer nature to interest those of us slightly wary of the death growls. And as Finnish musicians always do, the music feels fresh, unique and completely Finnish. I bought the CD/DVD version to get a further perspective on the band and their music. Though not a documentary of great length, I found the DVD interesting to see the process of making the album. And from this album I have decided to back track into their older catalogs and buy a few more albums. I read that these guys have been together since 1990, 24 years! They are definitely doing something right and this album deserves to be heard!