Profile for Jumping Jesus > Reviews

Hand.Cannot.Erase [Blu-ray] [2015]
Hand.Cannot.Erase [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Steven Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 3 Mar. 2015
I guess the title of the review pretty much sums where I stand. This is a great release, a real treat for the ears. I will be surprised if anything better is released this year. The vinyl and the deluxe packages are sumptuous and the same level of love has gone into their manufacture as has gone into the music.
Steven Wilson is an obsessive perfectionist when it comes to the composition and execution of his latest musical concept. His supergroup of virtuoso musicians would hold their own against any of the legendary rock bands who influence SW's music. There are strong hints of classic Rush, Floyd and King Crimson here, all woven together in a slightly more rock sound than his previous two solo records.
Steven Wilson is still rock music's best kept secret in terms of real mainstream success. Anybody who has not yet tapped into his incredible back catalogue is to be envied. You have it all to discover.
This Is possibly the best record he has ever put out. A truly Epic album. Bring on the live show!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2015 12:28 AM GMT

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 3 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC/Mac/Android)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 12 Jan. 2015
In my opinion the best Internat Security package around. This is my 4th year of renewal. Well worth the money and with every feature you would need

Virgule Steak Knife Black. Pack quantity: 12
Virgule Steak Knife Black. Pack quantity: 12
Offered by Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy knives, 12 Jan. 2015
I came across these stylish knives over the weekend while dining out.
I was really taken by their sleek, curved handle and their solid construction. They are fine knives and make light work of a steak.
As I was looking for a decent set of steak knives, and as their name is handily written on the side of the blade, tracking them down via Amazon was a doddle.
They are very reasonably priced given their apparent quality. (I paid just shy of £30 for a dozen with the black handle) and one would assume that as they appear to be popular with reastaurants, they are built to last.
A lovely looking knife at a good price. Recommended.

Frontline Spot On Cat 6 Pipettes
Frontline Spot On Cat 6 Pipettes
Offered by VetePet

3.0 out of 5 stars Its pretty good but seems to slightly lose effectiveness, 27 Sept. 2014
Frontline is pretty good, but doesn't really do the job on its own. In addition to applying this it is necessary to go at the cat with a flea comb daily. It is better than doing nothing though!
It appears to slightly lose its effectiveness as time goes by. I am now trying 'Advantage'

Brylcreem Hair Cream Original - 5.5 Oz.
Brylcreem Hair Cream Original - 5.5 Oz.
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than UK Brylcreem, 27 Sept. 2014
This is a regular purchase of mine. I wish the UK formulation of Brylcreem was like this. Its not nearly as greasy.
My hair is fairly thick. Just a little dab of this stuff adds a little moisture to my hair and tames it a little. Sometimes I add a little wax on top.
This stuff still looks good the morning after

36th Chamber of Shaolin [Blu-ray] [1978] [US Import]
36th Chamber of Shaolin [Blu-ray] [1978] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Chia-Hui Liu

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the US import. It plays on all players, 27 Sept. 2014
Great blu ray of one of the all-time great Shaw Bros kung fu flicks. Good blu ray transfer. In its original theatrical aspect ratio.
Bags of extras. IMPORTANT NOTE TO UK BUYERS - BUY THE CHEAPER US IMPORT. IT IS REGION-FREE AND WILL PLAY ON ALL PLAYERS. This cost me just over £6 incl. postage. What a bargain

Are You Experienced (UK mono) [Vinyl]
Are You Experienced (UK mono) [Vinyl]

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly dull-sounding and incomplete, 9 Sept. 2014
I had high hopes for this album, what with it being in its original mono, the mastering being endorsed by Jimi Hendrix's estate.
I expected it to sound better than it does. I am not averse to mono recordings as such but this record sounds flat and poorly mastered.
I also didn't realise until I had already bought it that two versions exist, this one and a double album version which contains the additional single tracks. It wasn't cheap so I feel slightly short changed by a record which is both a little dull sounding and incomplete, compared to its double-album version. This should have been a real treasure as it is a must - have classic album but I wouldn't recommend this release. 3 stars

SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (1 Litre) 1000 ml
SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (1 Litre) 1000 ml
Offered by Shiny Hardware Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the label, 9 Sept. 2014
This is very reasonably prices isopropanol. I use a solution of this in distiller water to clean vinyl records and it is extremely effective at removing grime from old vinyl. Would definitely buy again

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-032G-B35)
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-032G-B35)

3.0 out of 5 stars I have two, but one is badly made and faulty, 9 Sept. 2014
I have so far bought 2 of these memory sticks. They have a great deal of capacity.
I bought them because they are a recognised and trusted brand. The first one was fine, so I bought another. However the second one is an incredibly tight fit in the USB slot and has seemingly stopped working after no time at all. I transfer files on to it and then when I plug it in to retrieve the files there is nothing there! I won't buy another now. They are also a little too small. I prefer something a little more substantial so on that basis I can only score it 2 stars, even though one of the two I own is perfectly fine

Alkaline Batteries - LR41 - Srip of 10
Alkaline Batteries - LR41 - Srip of 10
Offered by Premier Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting and reliable cells, 9 Sept. 2014
I use these batteries in my laser pen, which my cat loves. Very cheap and last a decent amount of use. Just the job

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6