Profile for Andy887 > Reviews

Content by Andy887

Andy887

Amplified Soul
Amplified Soul

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY good but is it one of the best? Only time will tell!, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Amplified Soul (Audio CD)
Firstly, I'd like to say that I am a huge fan of the Cog. I like this album a lot and I'm pleased I bought it. But is it as good as some of the earlier albums? It's difficult to say as there have been some absolute crackers in the past... Transatlantic RPM, Tales From The Beach, Adventures In Black Sunshine... The list of great albums is long!

Like most albums, some tracks are stronger than others. My favourite track is probably Amplify My Soul (Part 2). Jamie Anderson's sax solo is quite frankly divine - I absolutely love this track. Rapture is another corker but then again anything Imaani sings is going to be good! Deeper Still is another corker - I thought I was listening to Erykah Badu when I first heard it. Chiara Hunter has a great voice. Something 'bout July is also a good tune. I especially like the Horns arrangement on this track.

In summary, if you like the Cog, you'll like this album - A LOT. Bluey also sings on one of the tracks adding to the huge range of vocal talent who contribute to this album; including Carleen Anderson, Katie Leone and Incognito stalwarts Tony Momrelle and Venessa Haynes.

Personally, I would like the band to release some of the tracks they regularly play live. I'd love to have a recording of Natalie Williams singing Minnie Ripperton's 'Inside My Love'. A recording of Vanessa Haynes singing 'Don't you worry bout a thing' in the format they dropped at the Royal Albert Hall would be nice too. Oh and what about the version of Always There that Imaani performed at the Blue Note in Milan in 2012? AND as they've started playing Parisienne Girl again, maybe it's time to re-record that one again too!

Bluey, perhaps it's time for another remix album mate! Keep up the good work and see you all soon. x

SAMSUNG S8530 WAVE II SCREEN PROTECTOR / GUARD / FILM / COVER 6-IN-1 PACK
SAMSUNG S8530 WAVE II SCREEN PROTECTOR / GUARD / FILM / COVER 6-IN-1 PACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protectors, clever design, 19 Oct 2011
I too had vertical scratches on my films but after using the phone for an hour or two you can't see them - the grease from your finger prints quickly removes them. A clever design which makes applying the films very easy. A bespoke product for the Wave II - very happy with these.

SAMSUNG S8530 WAVE II WAVE 2 PREMIUM PU LEATHER FLIP CASE / POUCH / WALLET / COVER - BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by ClickJunkie

1.0 out of 5 stars Whatever this thing is made of - it is lethal..., 19 Oct 2011
I read the other reviews on here with scepticism - especially the comments about the over powering chemical smell which was present when other people had taken the pouch out of its packaging. I dismissed these comments as pathetic frankly... I wish I hadn't. I was light headed and felt sick for several hours after opening the packaging. The chemical smell was completely overwhelming. My wife also felt sick. In the end we banished the product to the conservatory for a good old fashioned 'airing' - the smell has subsided but is still there. I'll be asking for a refund...

Soul Heaven Presents Blaze
Soul Heaven Presents Blaze
Offered by mrtopseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Substandard offering from SoulHeaven, 30 Dec 2009
Sorry Soul Heaven, I love your albums but I thought this offering was rather lame. Surprisingly really given the smash Breathe from Blaze. Good tracks thogh from Alexander Hope, DJ Choco and Stephanie Cooke though. Kerri Chandler and Masters at Work albums much better in my view.