Profile for Cumbrian Gnasher > Reviews

Content by Cumbrian Gnasher

Cumbrian Gnasher (Cumbria and English Lakes)

131st Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ David Frei
Offered by Moref Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great world renowned dog show., 20 Nov 2013
Fantastic showing many breeds of dogs often not seen at other dog shows. This is a two pack dvd of one the best annual world dog shows of various dog abilities. Similar to UK Crufts Dog show (no yearly dvd sets presently available) but showing many lovely American dogs.

Pawz Waterproof Dog Boot
Pawz Waterproof Dog Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Pawz Disposable Dog Boots, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pawz Waterproof Dog Boot (Misc.)
I bought these from USA when first introduced new a few years ago. Folks wanting an extensive dog boot that can be used again and again, as these are not. They can be used depending where dogs walked many times as yet I have not had a torn boot when used for a dog with a sore paw that needed protection from elements and the dog licking it's paw making it worse, although I'm sure they should not be left on endlessly, as the elastic band can be rather tight which secures that they don't come off as with risk of losing other tried dog boots. I mostly have used them singular or on more than one sore paw that obviously needed protection to pads etc. I have never used them on a regular never ending daily basis and I don't believe dogs need endless paw protection unless advised by a vet.

I have now the three sizes upto medium for a Cavalier King Charles spaniels. In three years my dog has outgrown some of their boots! I recently bought the medium size from Amazon as the earlier size bought for dogs front hairy paws had needed next size upwards. Back paws again are different sized so a dog might need two pack's of disposable 12 boots. I have a Cavalier bitch and again she needs different sizes. The Pawz website has a print off colour coded sheet that is excellent for ensuring correct measurement. Print a few for future resizing. It seems dogs paws are like kiddies feet. I found they're handy for wintertime incase encountering road salt crystals occasional getting in between their toes that can cause some red sores between the pads. Keeping paw hair between pads trimmed help with trimmer but winter conditions can be harsh with ice and salt etc. Mushers is another new product for dog paw protection. All are obtainable on Amazon with in my experience quick dispatch. Spaniel paws have hairy slippers so don't need.....

Mutiny! (Original London Cast)
Mutiny! (Original London Cast)

5.0 out of 5 stars Prisoners At The Bar..., 28 Sep 2013
It is fantastic but not the same as the tape version with some 25 tracks. The download version only has some 16. I'm unaware if their ever was a CD version as I always looked forward David Essex musical publishers producing this version. The then London Musical perhaps ran into trouble with a short run with lowering popularity although some cites that David Essex could have had a better production team. I'm also informed that the music is not representative of Tahitian music which I might sail towards very soon but not on the tiny Bounty of which a ship copy has been in our Cumbrian harbour of Maryport near to Cockermouth where Christian once lived.

Slow Coast Home: 5,000 miles around the shores of England and Wales
Slow Coast Home: 5,000 miles around the shores of England and Wales
by Josie Dew

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth RRP £10.99, 18 Sep 2009
I had just read 'Cycling Home from Siberia' which I would give 10/10 for a fully entertaining book that its hard to put down. 'Slow Coast Home' is my first book purchased by author Josie Dew and I found it wanting in unimportant trivia. How many times is phrase " Look thats Josie Dew" repeated as presently only struggling to understand what she is writing about other than B&Bs. Seem to come to good bits and then another diversion into wobbles.