Profile for Darren Stephens > Reviews

Content by Darren Stephens

Darren Stephens "dikiminster" (UK)

Nemesis The Warlock: Deviant Edition (2000 Ad)
Nemesis The Warlock: Deviant Edition (2000 Ad)
by Pat Mills
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as ever.....now in colour!, 13 Oct 2013
Superb series from the pages of the mighty 2000AD comic. The colouring, by series artist Kev O'Neill is as nice as you'd expect, though I loved it in black and white, so feel that this addition is possibly needless. My copy arrived slightly creased, too, despite Amazon's notorious over packaging. Got a couple of quid back, but really Amazon.....try and be more careful! :-)

Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entry level tablet for artists, 9 Sep 2010
My girlfriend got me this as a birthday prezzie. Turned up very well packaged by Amazon. As the previous reviewer stated, I have used a 'Trust' brand tablet for a few years now. That one was OK, but had issues, mainly regarding the buggy drivers (which don't seem to like Windows 7.
The bamboo pen tablet is so much better. It's a sinch to set up, it's a joy to use and it looks fantastic, too, sitting on my desk. What more can I say.A fantastic bit of kit!

The Art of Brian Bolland
The Art of Brian Bolland
by Joe Pruett
Price: 27.61

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book in the world!, 13 Jan 2007
Brian Bolland is arguably the greatest artist ever to work on 2000AD/Dredd. His work collected in this book is nothing short of amazing - really a slice of heaven for fans of great comic artwork. I could drool over this book for hours! Bolland was allways my favourite artist as a kid growing up, still to this day in fact, and inspired me to draw my own comics, with limited success. The later part of the book, concentrating on the covers Brian has done for DC is astoundingly beautiful. Buy it! X

Black And White
Black And White
Offered by actionrecords
Price: 0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song for summer., 6 May 2006
This review is from: Black And White (Audio CD)
New band to me.The first time I heard this I fell in love with it. Beautiful lyrics and the lead vocalist has quite a distinctive, pure voice. Cant wait for any Album that may be coming out. Would sound extra special in these coming summer days.

Black (Xbox)
Black (Xbox)

4.0 out of 5 stars If Burnout was a first person shooter...., 24 Feb 2006
This review is from: Black (Xbox) (Video Game)
For fans of first person shooters, this game is a real blast. Forget the story...this ones all about visual spectacle. There is so much destructive action per level, it takes your breath away. The graphics are astonishing, with lots of detail and great use of atmospheric lighting. The soundtrack, too is top notch, the music setting the tone brilliantly. The 360 is all very nice, but it has nothing like this yet. It eats Perfect Dark for breakfast and I think it gives COD2 a run for its money. The only down side-no multi player. But hey, this is probably the last great game on the original Xbox. You owe it to yourself to send the big old black box off in style!