Profile for Andromeda > Reviews

Andromeda (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Melissa & Doug 13101 "Build-Your-Own" Wooden Birdhouse
Melissa & Doug 13101 "Build-Your-Own" Wooden Birdhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids birthday gifts - good quality for the price, 28 Oct. 2014
Have bought several of these for birthday gifts as they are great kits for kids who love a bit of art and nature. We painted ours, using additional paint we had on hand as the paint supplied comes in 4 colours and not enough to cover the whole house as my daughter wanted to do. Once installed in our garden, it is great - and exciting for the kids - to see the birds using it. For the price, this is great value as the wood is sturdy.

HP A4 100GSM Premium Choice Paper
HP A4 100GSM Premium Choice Paper

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality paper for basic inkjet printing, 28 Oct. 2014
Good quality paper - fairly heavy. For reports it's delivered great results, particularly for the price. I would not use it for photos as it was weighed down by the ink required to print them and the result was not good. However, I use photo paper for photos and this was purchased for regular, inkjet printing.

Myths of the Norsemen (Puffin Classics)
Myths of the Norsemen (Puffin Classics)
by Roger Lancelyn Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for mythology fans - a must, 28 Oct. 2014
My 12 year old son is a lover of mythology having started with the Percy Jackson series and moved on from there. He is aware that Rick Riordan's next series will focus on Norse mythology and I got him this book to ensure he was familiar with the Norse myths. He devoured it in 3 days and raved about it. It has several positive reviews - well deserved. From what I can tell (I only skimmed it) it covers all of the key norse myths and provides a great foundation to understanding them. My 9 year old is reading it now and is enjoying it as well.

Royal & Langnickel AVS-104 Art Adventure Set
Royal & Langnickel AVS-104 Art Adventure Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea for kids who love art, 28 Oct. 2014
This is a nice and fairly substantial set - great for birthday gifts and at a reasonable price. I have, in the past, purchased just a kit of the metallic etchings for a gift and paid nearly the price I paid for this whole kit. It is aimed at the older child, I would suggest 9-11 and, for the paint by numbers and colour by numbers, it is for someone who has patience and loves art as it is fairly detailed. The pencils that come with it are fine but my daughter used her own and tweaked the colour guide accordingly. We have purchased this for a 9 year old girl on her birthday and she was very excited and reported back that she enjoyed it - so that's two positive reactions from two 9 year olds. If they love art, this will keep them occupied for several hours, across several days.

Large Leather Care Kit - 500ml
Large Leather Care Kit - 500ml
Offered by Furniture_Clinic

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Large Leather Care Kit - 500ml
Excellent product - easy to use and makes a real difference in look and feel. I use it on 2 leather sofas - one dark, one light coloured as well as the leather interior of my car. Pleasant smell, not too strong. It also goes a long way, especially the leather conditioner.

Keeper
Keeper
by Mal Peet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular choice for my 12 year old, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Keeper (Paperback)
My 12 year old son read this book in 1 day and loved it. He got into the story and characters, especially the Keeper, and it clearly is a well written and imaginative story. Very timely that it arrived just as the world cup in Brazil concluded. I liked that it wasn't just a book about football but had a real plot and focus beyond football - namely environmental issues and the Brazilian Rainforest.
I would recommend for readers 11 and over.

The East India Company Peach Flavoured Tea Sachets 2 g (Pack of 1, Total 10 Tea Sachets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 21 July 2014
Nice flavour, very subtle but can be brewed longer to intensify flavour without causing bitterness - nice for making iced tea. I wish peach tea was easier and more affordable to get in the UK but this is not a bad choice for those missing Peach Iced Tea.

Loom Bandz - Rainbow Colours - Black 600 Count ...
Loom Bandz - Rainbow Colours - Black 600 Count ...
Offered by things4craft (A UK based craft company)

2.0 out of 5 stars Snap/break easily, 21 July 2014
These bands are a nice black but snap very easily so unless you are making only very simple designs on your loom that do not require stretching beyond one peg, avoid. These have caused many tears for my daughter and friends when bands snapped after a lot of looming.
You can tell by looking at them that they have a "join" that makes them inferior to genuine rainbow loom bands. A shame as they are still expensive for what they are - compared to what genuine rainbow loom bands cost in the US (£1.47 per bag of 600).

Rainbow Loom 2.0 and 2400 Piece Super Pack Starter Kit [2400 Bands, 125 Clips & 4 Tools]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun but prices inflated for UK consumers, 21 July 2014
A huge hit with my daughter and her friends. As we are one summer hols, it's been a great buy as it occupies her for hours designing and creating bracelets, badges, pencil holders, etc... The small bag of multi colour bands that comes with the loom are genuine rainbow loom bands and a better quality than the 4 additional bags of bands. This matters especially for complicated designs where you need to stretch the bands more on the loom. Cheaper bands snap more easily and this can cause quite a lot of upset, especially if you've been working on a design for awhile.
I would happily give this 5 stars if the price wasnt so over inflated in the UK. Rainbow loom in the states is much more affordable with bags of 600 bands costing apx £1.47. Prices here, including in these "super packs" are frankly ridiculous, especially when the bands supplied are not the same quality as genuine rainbow loom bands. Sadly Rainbow Loom do not have a UK site - but I know they have a French and Belgium site so I will check the postage costs on those before buying future supplies in the UK.

Hama Lcd Screen Clean Gel + Cloths
Hama Lcd Screen Clean Gel + Cloths
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for TVs and Laptops, 21 July 2014
Great product, very easy to use and a little goes a long way. I use it on my LCD TVs as well as my laptop and the results are not only excellent, the dust/smears/dirt seems to stay away longer than when I use other products. The cloth it comes with is a good size. My guess is that with weekly use on 2 TVs and 2 laptops, this product will last me several months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12