Profile for LegoStan > Reviews

Everything I know about teaching
Everything I know about teaching
by Mr Michael Gove

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell the gove..., 20 Oct. 2013
I've been asked to take on the role of mentoring newly qualified teachers in my school. I was a bit worried that I was slightly out of touch with the latest standards, having been a teacher for ten years...but now I have this book.

Cheers Mike!

Umi Toddler Chaarm Cocoa Waterproof Boot 32222-233 9 Child UK
Umi Toddler Chaarm Cocoa Waterproof Boot 32222-233 9 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted!, 12 Jan. 2012
Finding footwear that can 'double' as a pair of cowgirl boots for a 3-year-old Jessie (Toy Story 2 & 3) nut is not easy. Especially if you're working on the principal that shoes last virtually no time at all at this age i.e. that there is such a thing as too expensive. These were reduced from £52 to £15.60, a real bargain for the quality of the boots (not to mention how happy a certain budding cowgirl is right now!)

I love Amazon. 8 times out of 10 I can find exactly what I'm looking for at a much more reasonable price. These boots were no exception!

Bioshock (Xbox 360)
Bioshock (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

5.0 out of 5 stars "Would you kindly" get your behind to Rapture ASAP....., 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Bioshock (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Okay. So I'm a few years behind the times, seeing as this was a 2007 release but better late than never!

Bioshock is, in my very humble opinion, a gaming masterpiece. Fantastic concept/story line and a beautifully rendered 'world' in which to explore and ultimately, kill a lot of crazy, mutated people. Between the insane/deranged ramblings of the inhabitants, the creaks and groans of the ruined city, and the strange 'little girls', the sights and sounds within the game genuinely made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up at times. I love the '1950s America' backdrop too. I'm all for realism and being current in my real life but I prefer my games to allow me to escape to somewhere I would never be able to go (in my lifetime anyway). For that reason, I tend to steer clear of warfare games as they don;t interest me.

I won't go into the details of the gameplay because there are plenty of other reviews that fulfil that role. This is just a reccomendation to say that if you have not got Bioshock yet, you're missing out! If you haven't played Bioshock yet, what are you waiting for? Especially at this price! Less than a tenner for an absoloute gaming classic?!? It may not be the ultimate FPS but it more than makes up for that in other ways. Quite simply a must-have for RPG fans.

I repeat "Would you kindly" get yourself to Rapture ASAP...

Official Xbox 360 250GB Replacement Hard Drive
Official Xbox 360 250GB Replacement Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars No packaging, no instructions..., 17 Mar. 2011
...but that's not a complaint. More of a heads up for anyone who couldn't be bothered to read the seller info, so don't be glum when it arrives in a padded envelope with nothing but a note from the seller asking for a 5* review. Incidentally, I gave them what they asked for because the item arrived within two working days via recorded delivery, and it worked perfectly. I can confirm that it is the official product but I have to admit that it does look slightly different to the image shown here.

Re: the lack of instructions, don't fret. There are videos on Youtube...but for anyone that's never upgraded their Xbox before just follow these simple steps: -

1) Unplug all cables from the console.

2) Turn the console upside down - the expansion slot is underneath.

3) Push the hard drive in quite firmly. You will get an error message if it's not inserted properly (Yes, this happened to me). It's shaped to fit the slot so you can't get it upside down or back to front but it is possible to not push it in hard enough due to being apprehensive about breaking stuff.

4) Plug in and power up.

Yes it's seems to be an expensive bit of kit but it's worth it if you want to download games instead of buying the retail packs, perhaps due to limited physical storage space...or if you want to download music and movies. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do the latter at this point in time because iTunes is currently cheaper and has more choice but that's by the bye.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, using the expansion slot is the ONLY LEGIT way to actually upgrade to 250GB (apart from breaking open your old, non-slim Xbox hard drive and risking knackering the SATA interface - there are videos for that on Youtube as well by the way). It would be easy to assume that one could just buy a 1TB portable USB drive and just plug it in but !!!BE WARNED!!! The Xbox will create a 16GB partition and that's ALL you will be able to use. So even if you buy 4 USB devices and plug them all in, you won't get anywhere near the 250GB that this gadget offers. PLUS you'll have to go through the minor rigmarole of choosing from 5 memory devices to save your games to every time you play.