Profile for Mr. Thompson > Reviews

Mens G-Force Hi-Leg Combat Boots With Steel Shank Sole Protection
Mens G-Force Hi-Leg Combat Boots With Steel Shank Sole Protection
Price: £33.23 - £39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong size but right fit, 9 July 2014
Needed some new boots for security work, I usually buy magnums on offer but I couldn't find any this time, so I thought let me try an alternative.
A few reviews advise buying ones size down but I have wide feet and not all reviews included this, so I made the decision to order my actual size, UK 12.
When they can and I tied them on, I happened to be wearing thin sock at the time, contrary to the thick ones I wear for work, I was quite surprised how snug they fitted. I thought to myself it was a good job I ordered my size then - and then the penny dropped, they sent me size 11. Trying it now with my thick sock and my feet are heating up.
I think this is win win for me, nice fit with thin socks in the summer, thick and warm in the winter.

I advise ordering one size down, but then you might end up with two sizes down.

MarBlue Slim Hybrid Kindle Fire HD Case, Black (will not fit previous generation HD or HDX)

1.0 out of 5 stars Locks up!, 3 Feb 2014
Looks really good but it's really difficult to open.

You have to use so much force you might end pulling it out of its hold.

Pity, because it does feel and look really good.

Instapaper
Instapaper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but not really bad., 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Instapaper (App)
The app and service can do with a lot of improving.
But after trying Pocket and Readability, Instapaper is fantastic!
Reliable and readable, intsapaper does what you need.

The positive well out weigh the negatives.

Readability
Readability

1.0 out of 5 stars It does nothing!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Readability (App)
Downloaded this app to my kindle.
Sighned up.
Saved content to my account.
Nothing appeared in the app.
I sent reading materials to kindle.
Nothing happened.
I added READABILITY to approved emails for send-to-my-kindle and tried again.
Nothing happen.
Uninstalled the app.
IT WORKED!

Pocket
Pocket

1.0 out of 5 stars A good idea that doesn't work offline., 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Pocket (App)
I understood and want what this app promises, but alas it doesn't delivery.

Before you read this offline you need to contact to the internet to get the c content you saved, which makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is connecting to the internet again for the same content you checked would be available offline before you disconnected the WiFi. Defeats the point of reading offline if you need to go online to reload it.

Apart from that flaw it looks good, just what you might like to read offline material if it worked.

FINAL FANTASY III
FINAL FANTASY III

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic RPG, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: FINAL FANTASY III (App)
It's marmite, you'll love it or hate! If you like RPG you have to get this. If you played this years ago on the other platforms, you have to get this. If you think call of duty, kill zones and gory 1st person shooters are the bee's knees, this is not for you. If you don't know what the bee's knees means but thinks it sound cool, this game is for you!

You may think it's a high price to pay, but it's real good value for money.

PLEMO Magic Cube Rechargeable Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with 3.5mm Audio Port for iPhones, iPads, Android Cell Phones, Touch Screen Tablets, MacBooks, Laptop Computers, MP3 Players & Portable CD/DVD Players, Black
Offered by Claybox

5.0 out of 5 stars Passes the wife test, 22 Jan 2014
Mrs asked me for a cd player for Christmas. I thought cd player? Is it 1999? I mp3'ed her smart phone with her favourite tunes and got her this and she loves it!

Sound quality is great, can be turned up real loud! Bluetooth works very well, easy to pair and no static, you can even make calls through it. It has an audio jack and cable too in case you're still living in the last century and don't have Bluetooth on your CD Walkman - it will work with that too. Battery life is good too, last for ages.

If there is a down side, it is it doesn't come with a USB charger, but it's 2014, you probably got a whole draw full of them.

The Blackwell Companion to Social Work
The Blackwell Companion to Social Work

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not recommend for Kindle, 22 Jan 2014
The book is a social work student's best friend! Wide range of subjects, chapters written by different authors with in-depth critiques and reference list at the end of the chapter to sign post you to further reading.

Why 2 stars? No page numbers! Has a subject list, but no page numbers! Bit tricky to cite. Yes, you can reference whole chapters but not directly quotes and if you have a picky tutor marking your work you need to get it right.

If your a social work student you'll want this book, just not on your Kindle.
Order the real thing.

Battle Maiden Yuko Runner
Battle Maiden Yuko Runner

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT DOWNLOAD, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Battle Maiden Yuko Runner (App)
Cute anime icon. That's all.

Fantastic Mr Fox
Fantastic Mr Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and interesting, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fantastic Mr Fox (Kindle Edition)
My 7 year old daughter gave this book 5 stars because she found it funny.
She likes all the animals in the story and would recommend this book for other seven year olds and younger children.

Page: 1 | 2