Profile for Bunty > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Silent Counsel
Silent Counsel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but long and drawn out, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Silent Counsel (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book because of the good reviews but found it slightly disappointing.
The story line about the ethical dilemma of lawyer/client privilege is good but it was too long and drawn out for my liking.
It would be good edited down as a short story but needs better development of the characters and general "fleshing out" to warrant it being a full length novel.
In my opinion, it's not in the same league as John Grisham but then it didn't cost as much as one of his novels so, I guess you get what you pay for.

A Book of Prayers to Keep for Ever: To Keep for Always
A Book of Prayers to Keep for Ever: To Keep for Always
by Lois Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 9 April 2012
This is a delightful book which makes a lovely gift - I bought it as a part of a Christening present, which was well liked on the day.
Well packaged, quick delivery and exellent value for money.

LUCKY SIXPENCE FOR CHRISTENING "BOY"
LUCKY SIXPENCE FOR CHRISTENING "BOY"
Offered by The Traditional Gift Co

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, unusual keepsake, 9 April 2012
I received excellent customer service from this seller and, although the item is as described, I was a tad disappointed with it. There's nothing on/with the product relating to the information in the technical details ie "a sixpence is said to inspire wealth and good fortune, it is tradition to "cross the baby's hand with silver".
Without this, I feel the significance of the gift is "lost" so I typed a small note in a nice, fancy font and put this inside the drawstring bag that the sixpence came with so it can be kept along with the sixpence. I personalised the note with the child's name and christening date which, if somehting similar were offered by the seller, would improve the quality of the item.
It was well receieved and overall a decent product which makes a nice, unusual keepsake.

Navy Blue pashmina style shawl / scarf / Wrap
Navy Blue pashmina style shawl / scarf / Wrap

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 9 April 2012
This is a good sized pashmina in a lovely fine material which is light to wear but also warm making it ideal for chilly summer evenings.
Excellent value for money.
Updated 8/2/13 - I am looking to buy a pashmina in a different colour and revisited my orders to remind myself who I bought from in Jan 2012 and was surprised to see the pashmina I bought for £4.99 is being sold at £18.99. While the rating and review I left is still valid for the item I bought I feel I should point out the difference as my comment regarding excellent value for money refers to a much lower price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Little girls - and their mummies - will love this, 9 April 2012
Cute design, durable and reasonably priced (I paid £18.99 for the set).
It's quickly become a favourite of the little girl I bought this for, she uses it on a daily basis and her mummy loves it as well.

Ryan's Return
Ryan's Return

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
This was a free download for Kindle but one I would happily have paid for.
Well developed, likeable characters and a story line that deals with the problems of family live, feuds, love and a host of other emotions in an engaging way.
It made me laugh and cry, has a satisfying happy ending and was thoroughly enjoyable.
I will be reading more by this author.

Room
Room

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating, touching and thought provoking read, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Room (Kindle Edition)
Other reviewers have accurately described the plot of this novel so I will just give my opinion.
I found it to be a page turner from the off, well paced with good characterisation and, although the subject matter is disturbing, the bond between mother and son and the capacity of the human spirit to prevail in such circumstances is uplifting.
Some of the negative comments, for example about language development of a five year old, are valid but this did not detract from the overall enjoyment of the book.
While there are true cases that the author may have taken inspiration from, this isn't claiming to be a factual account but a work of fiction and I was happy to give the author some literary licence.
I read it to be entertained and I was.

Divorced, Beheaded, Died...: The History of Britain's Kings and Queens in Bite-Sized Chunks

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing way to read factual history., 30 Jan 2012
Years since I've read a factual history book I found this book a joy to read. Delivers what it promises in easy to read bite sized chunks outlining the prominent facts in chronological order about the British monarchy.
While I read this for entertainment purposes only it would be really useful for history students as a quick reference guide and wish it had been around when I was taking history exams.
An interesting, entertaining and educational book and, at less than a fiver, excellent value for money - highly recommened.

The Lincoln Lawyer [Blu-ray] [2011]
The Lincoln Lawyer [Blu-ray] [2011]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey
Offered by Twilight Productions

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaing adaptation of an excellent book, 30 Jan 2012
Good film which was well acted and a faithful adaptation of the book. Well paced although had I not read the book I may have been unsure of some of the plot as, not unexpectedly, this isn't as fully explained or develpoed as it is in the book.
Often wary of watching films of books I've enjoyed reading for fear of disappointment and/or the spoiling of a good story this was an enjoyable film which I'd recommend to anyone who likes legal dramas.

Manhattan Toy 122020 Baby Stella Blonde
Manhattan Toy 122020 Baby Stella Blonde

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and loveable first dolly, 30 Jan 2012
Well made with soft body which is perfect for little hands. Bought for a 13 month old who loves giving her cuddles and putting the magnetic dummy in and out. This magnetic dummy is a great feature as, while permanently attached on a longish "string" so won't get lost, it can easily put on and off the mouth for lots of fun play.
Initially thought this was a bit pricey but expect it will have a decent lifespan as it can be used in pram/cot as the 13 month old starts toddling and progresses to more advanced play so have revised my initial thought and now consider this to be a good value toy.

Page: 1 | 2