Profile for Scott > Reviews

The Spectacular
The Spectacular
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but predictable., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Spectacular (Kindle Edition)
I've read all of Ridgeway's work including Hawthorn and Child which this short story connects to. It's well paced and enjoyable to read but the plot is a familiar twist. Despite this i eagerly await Ridgeway's next novel.

The Long Falling
The Long Falling
by Keith Ridgway

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps on Falling., 16 Dec 2003
This review is from: The Long Falling (Paperback)
I have been in Dublin two years now and I originally picked up Standard time, Ridgway's collection of short stories in the hope of discovering some new Irish talent. With Standard time i was not disapointed and found a range of fascinating and touching stories that i have recommended to many friends.
However, The Long Falling was a great disapointment. For me the characters were uninteresting and difficult to empathise with and annoyingly it dragged through most of the middle section of the book. I ended up leaving it to read other things mid-way through. Only because of the enjoyment of Standard time did i make myself finish the book. Even after I returned and finished the novel my disapointment remained and I would not recommend this book unless you were a die hard fan of Ridgeway's work.
I have purchased The Parts and am looking forward to reading it over Christmas. I hope it is a return to form for Ridgeway.