ARRAY(0xac862bc4)

Profile for Leicsliz > Reviews

Content by Leicsliz

Leicsliz

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rubber elipse door mat 70cm x 40cm. With a great scraper action and sturdy rubber base
Offered by Chapel Interiors Ltd
Price: 9.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive sturdy doormat,, 30 Oct 2013
I am very pleased with this attractive doormat which is ideal for a porch or outside a front or back door. It is sturdy and exceptionally good value, especially as the delivery is free. It arrived promptly and was well packaged. I would recommend it.

10" Stiff Sweeping Yard Brush, Natural Hard Broom Stiff Brush with Handle
10" Stiff Sweeping Yard Brush, Natural Hard Broom Stiff Brush with Handle
Offered by vazza p
Price: 7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 16 May 2013
An excellent product at a good price. This yard brush is well made and arrived very, very quickly. It is a very good buy which I would recommend.

8 (2 Sets of 4) High Capacity Compatible Ink Cartridges Replace Epson T1295. 2x T1291 Black, 2x T1292 Cyan, 2x T1293 Magenta, 2x T1294 Yellow
Offered by PerfectPrint
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars First class and such good value!, 25 April 2013
These cartridges fitted into my Epson printer very easily and my printing has been fine. They arrived extremely quickly and I am very pleased with them. They represent good value for money and I will order this product from this supplier again.

Sport DirectTM Bicycle Bike Cycle Mega Mini 2x2 Silicone LED Light Set White, Legally Flashing Light Set Conforms to Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations SI2005 No.2559. CE Approved
Offered by Sports4ever
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Jan 2013
I bought two sets of these cycle lights for my two grandsons for when they cycle to and from school in the winter months. These small lights clip on easily and are also quickly detached so that the boys can keep them safe in their school bags during lesson time.
They are ideal for this purpose. The boys do not cycle when it is pitch dark but just when the light is fading. The flashing lights stand out clearly and enhance their safety.

High Profile Bike Flash Safety Lights
High Profile Bike Flash Safety Lights
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd
Price: 2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 12 Jan 2013
I bought two sets of these lights for my grandsons to use when they cycle home from school in the winter months. The lights are easily removed for safe keeping when they are not in use. They clip on to the bikes very easily and quickly. The boys are visible as the lights on their bikes flash very brightly. They ticked all the boxes for us!

New 2 in 1 USB 2.0+SD Card Reader for Apple iPad 2/ 3
New 2 in 1 USB 2.0+SD Card Reader for Apple iPad 2/ 3
Offered by UNICORN ENT-UK
Price: 1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!!, 8 Jun 2012
I used this Card Reader on the latest Apple iPad which I purchased in April 2012. It was easy to slot into the iPad and the photos downloaded from the memory card instantly. I am very happy with this product - especially as it is so much cheaper than the Apple version. In order to connect this card reader direct with my iPad I needed to remove the cover of the iPad - then it slotted in easily.

Extremely pleased and would recommend it.

The Personal History of Rachel DuPree
The Personal History of Rachel DuPree
by Ann Weisgarber

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!!, 19 May 2012
I really loved this book which had me gripped instantly. I identified with Rachel throughout the book and in the end applauded her for the tough decision she made. I felt that the book ended on a positive note....but who can tell?

This was a very well crafted book which covered many themes.....the race riots of 1917, the relationship between the native Indians of America and the settlers, as well as the relationship between black and white Americans.

The importance of temperate weather conditions takes on a whole new meaning in the Badlands of Dakota where Rachel and Isaac settle and raise their family. The descriptions of the drought and the dire predicament of Rachel's family are vividly described by the author.........the dryness, the hunger and thirst of the cattle, the harshness of the Badlands and the stoicism of the family in their desire to overcome their problems and survive the drought are excellently depicted. I empathised throughout this book with Rachel's sheer desperation to care for her family and survive. Unfortunately, Isaac's desire to succeed and own more and more land causes his downfall. He so badly wants to show everyone that even though he is black, he can succeed.

This is an amazing book that leaves the reader reeling with the impact of the many dangers and problems that this family had to overcome. I urge you to buy it. You won't regret it!

The Misremembered Man
The Misremembered Man
by Christina McKenna
Price: 7.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 May 2012
This review is from: The Misremembered Man (Paperback)
Much depends on personal taste where books are concerned, but I thought that this novel was disappointing and that it portrayed the Irish people in a negative way. The characters were very badly portrayed and took on the role of comic characters instead of real people. I thought that the plot was well thought out - especially the chapters involving the orphanage and I liked the unexpected twist at the end of the book. However I thought that this novel was spoilt by the characterisation of the people and the author's attempts to be humorous. I did not like the episode when Jamie's toupee fell into the toilet.........it made me squirm! For me the humour and the characterisation just didn't work.

Frankly I am surprised that so many readers have given this book five stars. In my opinion it is not worthy of such merit. Also, if I were Irish I most definitely would not be happy with it.

One Moment, One Morning
One Moment, One Morning
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but lightweight, 9 April 2012
I enjoyed this book which was a quick and easy read which I purchased as a Kindle download. I thought the main topic of a man dying of a heart attack on a train and the effect it had on the lives of others was an interesting one. Unfortunately it didn't quite deliver what I expected. I liked the role of Lou in this novel - despite her own problems and being on the periphery of the main relationships in the novel, she was a very interesting, likeable character. A sad book but enjoyable.

The War Widows
The War Widows
Price: 2.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 9 April 2012
This review is from: The War Widows (Kindle Edition)
This book is very predictable. It is ideal if you like detailed descriptions of post war Britain - the food shortages, rationing, coupons etc. I thought that the characters were 'wooden' and had no depth. It is a very easy read - the 'good' characters are the winners and the 'bad' characters are the losers!!! Unfortunately I didn't like it and would not recommend it. I will not download another book by Leah Fleming.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6