Profile for Cedric Roberts > Reviews

Content by Cedric Roberts

Cedric Roberts

Page: 1 | 2
Juice Cables [Apple MFi Certified] Lightning to USB Cable Sync Charging Lead for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5, 5c, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 3 4, iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad 4G, iPod Touch 5G, Nano 7G 1.2M / 4ft - White
Offered by Luxor_

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job really well, 10 July 2015
Had the product for about a week now. It works really well so far with no error messages appearing on the phone. Quite a well made and strong cable

MFi USB Charger Manufactured under the MFi Program - Bundle of 3 Extra Long 6.5 Feet Cables for Apple iPhone 4, 4s, 3gs, 3g iPod touch 1, 2, 3, 4, iPad 1, 2, 3 for Sync and Charging (Red + Black + White, 30-pin)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Apple supplied cables, 6 Feb. 2014
Really good quality cables, even better than the ones supplied with Apple products with the same rubbery feel to them rather than the plastic that most third party cables seem to be made of. Works for Ipad 2 and IPhone 4/4s. Great value and does the job.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 11:41 PM GMT

Microgadget iPhone 4/4S/3G Fast Charger 2.1 amp High Quality USB Mains Charger Includes USB 2.0 CE certified

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked promising but didn't last more than two weeks, 27 Dec. 2013
The charger cable arrived quickly and at first glance it looked to be of good quality and quite decent for around 3 quid. But the old saying you get what you pay for is true in this case and after about two weeks of use the part that goes into the iPhone came away from the cable. Not surprised to be honest as most chargers I have brought online haven't lasted very long. I'm going to go to Argos or my nearest Apple store and get an original one.

SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Card only
SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Card only

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about a month, 11 Nov. 2012
Purchased this to store music photographs and films on my Galaxy Note 2. It worked really well for about a month although it was quite slow to transfer files but tolerable.

However, I tried to save some more songs on it this morning and suddenly my phone won't recognise it. After removing it and re-inserting ot several times it did finally register and I reformatted it but after a few hours the problem has recurred and now it isn't recognised at all. I am sure that it was genuine as the packaging seemed to fit in with other Sandisk products I have purchased in the past and I don't think I will ever buy a Sandisk product again after this experience.

Duracell ProPhoto Class 10 32GB SDHC Memory Card
Duracell ProPhoto Class 10 32GB SDHC Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for the price, 5 Oct. 2012
Couldn't believe this was under 20 quid. Amazing value and works well with our Sony digital camera. It's read immediately by the desktop pc and you are able to quickly transfer photos. I have read reviewers of other brands who have had trouble with their devices not picking up on the presence of cards but no such problems here. Really pleased.

Kitsound Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones - Black
Kitsound Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sound Big Headphones, 16 Nov. 2011
After going through a number of bluetooth headsets and finding that nothing came close to my old Motorola HT820 which lasted for around 4 years, I came across these and the Nokia BH-504. I went for these as; 1. I had never heard of the company before and wanted to try them out; 2. the headset was reasonably priced and 3. they looked pretty good.

When I tried them on the first thing that struck me was that they were very comfortable and although large they were quite light. It wasn't until I looked in the mirror that I realised just how large they were but I suppose I'll get used to that eventually.

They paired immediately with my iphone4 and the sound from both my music and videos as well as games is crisp and there is a good level of bass even on low volume. There is a bit of sound leakage on higher volume but as the sound is good at lower volumes you shouldn't need to put the volume too high anyway. Range is not bad. I left my phone in my bedroom and went downstairs and the music still came through. Overall build quality is good and according to the manual battery life is 13.5 hrs music listening, 18hrs call time and 160 hrs standby although I have only used these for a few hours so I haven't been able to test these. I've given them 5 stars for sound quality, price and build and although personally I find them on the large side that doesn't take away from the fact that these are not a bad effort from Kitsound.

Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Robust Design and Excellent Sound Quality, 10 Sept. 2011
Before buying these I scanned the reviews carefully and seeing as the majority of reviews were positive I plumped for these instead of the offerings from other brands. I couldn't understand why some of the reviewers complained that the packaging was difficult to get through. All you need to do is remove the tape on the top cover and pull the plastic tab and the contents which are held in place by tabs come out easily enough. Included are; a pouch for the headset; a charger with both UK and European plugs; Instructions and a getting started guide.

Build Quality - The headset looks well built and the wire connecting the two earpieces is long enough to go round the back of the head but not so long as to become a nuisance. On the whole it is pretty comfortable once proprerly worn. Again a number of reviewers complained about the earpieces not fitting their ears properly but there are instructions on obtaining a proper fit and the earpieces are literally telescopic so that they can be moved into position to ensure a precise and comfortable fit. A good quality piece of kit.

The bluetooth connection - I found that they paired easily with my Iphone4 and yes there is a little battery indicator on the the bluetooth icon on the top right hand of the Iphone homescreen that tells the user how much juice the headset has left. Also, everytime you press the power button on the headset a voiceover tells you how much usage you have left in hours and if you skip tracks this too is confirmed by a voiceover.

Sound Quality - As I am using an Iphone4 this will probably apply to other Iphone4 users although users of other phones may find it useful as a general guide. In a word the sound quality is immense. The sound is crisp and clear and seems to block out most outside sounds although not all so it would be safe to use whilst commuting (Avoid Ipod Oblivion). There is a bass boost function and I have found that this does exactly what it says but I found no distortion as other buyers have mentioned in their reviews. The sound is significantly better than that from the Apple supplied headphones and I actually think the quality is equivalent to some of the other more expensive bluetooth headsets which I have tried. Call quality too is very good and there were no problems with sound distortion or not being able to hear the other person or vice versa.

Conclusion - Although it has only been two days I think these are a very useful piece of kit but if anything changes I will keep you posted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 1:41 PM BST

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card
Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 SDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Big on Storage Small on Price, 8 May 2011
I've seen a few 16GB SD cards on the High Street for the same price as this and other equivalent 32GB cards at £60-£70 so straightaway this was an absolute bargain. I actually brought this for my parents to use on a six day holiday to Inverness. My dad used it with his JVC Everio HM300 camcorder and it really worked well with it. After six days of continuous recording including a few sightseeing tours, my cousins wedding and a 2-3 hour tour off a whisky ditillery there was still quite a lot of room left. I would definitely recommend this.

LCD Display Protection for the new Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 6 Pack
LCD Display Protection for the new Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 6 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good deal, 9 Oct. 2010
These are very good screen protectors with neatly cut out parts for the speaker and the camera. You also get a cleaning cloth for each protector which is a nice extra as you can use a clean cloth each time you have to apply a protector although I am still using the first one so far and it's still holding out pretty well after almost a month. There were no air bubbles at all which was always a problem when I used screen protectors from other companies which were alot more expensive. I would definitely recommend these to anybody who wants their Iphone4 to remain in pristine condition and having the extras is reassuring.

IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4S SHOCK CASE - BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4S SHOCK CASE - BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent case for the money, 9 Oct. 2010
This is a pretty good case. It's a hard plastic case that is split in two, the front and the back. These two parts surround the Iphone 4 and clip together giving it almost complete protection. It has accurate cut-outs around the screen, the cameras (Front and Rear) and the apple logo on the back. It also comes with clear hard plastic bits that you can stick over the cut-outs to give the Iphone4 total protection. However, be careful with the adhesive strips that are provided to do this as they are very sticky and I actually ruined them meaning that I couldn't stick the plastic bits on but as I am using a screen protector this is not too bad. The silicon skin then fits over this plastic case quite snuggly to give a nice non-slip effect. Altogether a great case, I just wish it came with instructions a to using the adhesive patches provided.

Page: 1 | 2