Profile for A Wilkinson > Reviews

Content by A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson "A.Wilkinson" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
66Fit Neck Roll - White, 9 X 50 X 9 cm
66Fit Neck Roll - White, 9 X 50 X 9 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 27 July 2013
Mine is all squished. A bit thin and not firm enough for my tastes. A bit expensive for what it is, I wouldn't buy this again.

Crash (Book One)
Crash (Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Good morning, neighbour.', 6 July 2013
This review is from: Crash (Book One) (Kindle Edition)
I generally like to think that society prevails because we are inherently good and that deep down we wish to live as harmoniously as humanly possible. But perhaps we are just safe, safe from our own human nature and it is the status quo that provides that safety. Crash tells us that we are on the brink. That human nature is an unstable force which must be contained by the status quo.

If the structures that we hold so dear were to fall apart, what faith would we then have in the people around us? Our whole lives are governed by a kind of unchallenged civility. It is functional. Would the casual 'Good morning' we say to our neighbour each day hold any meaning when faced with a murderous sociopath wielding a gun. Perhaps the truth of this behaviour is just as apathetic and brutal as the world of survival in Crash.

Fear or compassion, which is it that motivates you? Crash forces us to look inwardly with discomfort when faced with the depraved potential of our basic desire to survive.

Zehui Mini Refillable Perfume Atomizer Bottle for Travel Spray Scent Pump Case 5ml Empty Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant!, 6 Feb. 2013
Bought this for my partner to put breath spray in as she was embarrassed using the branded Retardex stuff. Atomizes perfectly, would recommend!

Melissa & Doug Felt Chalk Eraser
Melissa & Doug Felt Chalk Eraser

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 2 Feb. 2013
THIS ERASER IS COMPLETELY RUBBISH, IT DOES NOT ERASE AND YOU SHOULD NOT BUY IT!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY THIS ERASER!

This "eraser" would be more useful as a weapon to throw at the head of the person that made/designed/sold this product. USELESS!!!

Melissa & Doug F-YOU!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2015 9:19 PM GMT

Nicky Clarke NHD082 Frizz Control 2000 w Hair Dryer
Nicky Clarke NHD082 Frizz Control 2000 w Hair Dryer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very hot, 10 Oct. 2012
Bought for my girlfriend. She has complained that it is not as efficient at drying as her old Babyliss hair dryer.

Kidde 0122UK Dual Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Kidde 0122UK Dual Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Offered by johnt

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine., 10 Oct. 2012
Seems to work okay, I suppose I won't know properly till there's a fire or carbon monoxide leek in my house but downside for me is that it is set off by the steam from my shower which is positioned about three metres away.

Dry Clean Stain Remover Spray
Dry Clean Stain Remover Spray
Offered by Bargain Genie UK

1.0 out of 5 stars :s, 18 July 2012
After seeing a carpet cleaner use a white powder cleaning product that worked well on carpet I thought this looked similar so bought it. This was not the product that I anticipated it to be and it really didn't seem to do much. I would not recommend this at all.

Ahead 7inch Single Sided Mountable Practice Pad
Ahead 7inch Single Sided Mountable Practice Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get much quieter than this!, 18 July 2012
Good practice pad. Fits perfectly on the ahead stand which I also purchased. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SH5TIO/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00
Doesn't get much quieter than this!

instaGRIND® Teeth Grinding Night Guard - 2mm Soft (Minimal Grinding)
instaGRIND® Teeth Grinding Night Guard - 2mm Soft (Minimal Grinding)
Offered by denLAB Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 18 July 2012
You will be sent the materials needed to make an impression of your teeth which you then have to send back to them and they will send you the personalised guard.
You have two attempts which is good as I messed up the first one. Just follow the instructions closely and you'll be fine.
Mouth guard isn't too bulky and you'll quickly get used to it for use at night. Great product!

LG M2262D-PC.AEU LCD 22inch TV/Monitor
LG M2262D-PC.AEU LCD 22inch TV/Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Nov. 2011
Contains the dreaded 'global-dimming' feature to which there is no way around. Disrupts viewing of high definition material.
The effect is slightly lessened in Game mode but is still present and irritating.
I would not purchase this T.V. again and will be unlikely to purchase LG products in the future.
[...]