Profile for Mrs. S. M. Marr > Reviews

Allsorts® 36 Navy Endless Elastics Hair Bobbles Elastic Bands Hair Accessory
Allsorts® 36 Navy Endless Elastics Hair Bobbles Elastic Bands Hair Accessory
Offered by AllsortsAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favourites, 22 July 2016
We bought 3 types of navy hairbands from Amazon and these were both my daughters favourites. Just the right strength and stretchy-ness and go around 3 times!

Post Motor HEPA Allergy Filter & Seal For Dyson DC07 & DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Post Motor HEPA Allergy Filter & Seal For Dyson DC07 & DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted one year, 23 Jun. 2016
I wouldn't buy another one. The one that came with the machine lasted years, but this replacement one lasted 12 months then the machine lost suction. On removing the filter the seal had broken. Shame because the filter looks clean enough.

HealthAndYoga(TM) Natural Wooden Knob Massager | Knobble| Point Pain Relief and Deep Tissue Massage

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tool for massaging the neck., 20 Jun. 2016
Perfect for deep massage into tight neck muscles. I have the plastic Knobble II too and they work the same. I can't be without one.

Just Add Magic
Just Add Magic
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed watching with my daughters, 16 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Just Add Magic (Amazon Video)
Great series that I enjoyed watching with my daughters age 11 and 9. Lovely to watch a program together. Looking forward to series 2.

The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight
by Haylie Pomroy

5.0 out of 5 stars Mid 40s, slow metabolism, and had stopped losing weight until this book., 2 Jun. 2016
I love this book. I am mid 40s and have apparently spent the last few years slowing my metabolism considerably. I tried fasting which worked for a while, and exercise programs including heavy weight lifting (which worked nicely for a year or two). I was eating a high protein and veg diet. I craved sugar and tried to have coconut sugar and “healthy” alternatives. Two months ago to lose weight I had to get down below 1000 kcal a day. At 1500 kcal I would put on weight rapidly. I had reached the point where I was scared to go out for a meal or have a glass of wine because the weight would pile on. One meal and I would wipe out the week of being hungry. I could only eat twice a day or I put on weight. It was so defeating and I was angry about it. This winter I lifted weights, hardly ate anything and put 14 pounds. After reading Hayley’s book I think my hormones were way out of balance.
I am not exaggerating with these figures as I am accomplished at counting calories! 15 years ago I could eat on average 1300-1400 calories a day, exercise a moderate amount, and lose 2 pounds a week comfortably.
I googled “fast metabolism” and this book came up. I started straight away. I had a stone to lose and I lost 8 pounds in the 28 days, which is not a small amount for me, especially considering I wasn’t hungry, was eating five times a day instead of twice, and exercised less. I stuck to the plan and did the recommended exercise three times a week. The first day I had sugar cravings every single minute, no exaggeration. After that day they were considerably diminished, probably due to the high fruit and grains.
On the day I finished the 28 days I went on holiday for a week. I ate out five times that week and the only exercise I did was strolling about town and a few stretches. I stayed mainly on the foods recommended in the plan during the holiday adding a very little French bread, brown and white, and white rice and a little dairy, sunflower oil, potatoes, salad dressings. I stayed almost completely off sugar and I don’t crave it anymore whereas before the plan I would crave it first thing, and after every meal. I am still on stevia and xylitol though. I didn’t stick to the phases on holiday but just mixed everything up. I had lovely pork, chicken and fish meals out. For the first time in I don’t know how many years I did not put weight on during the holiday and I did not count any calories but ate five times a day which was more than I wanted to eat. I am almost in shock that my weight dropped a pound over the week’s holiday. I am a very happy customer.

Milk Stevia No Sugar Added Free Cavalier Belgian Chocolates Bar 85g
Milk Stevia No Sugar Added Free Cavalier Belgian Chocolates Bar 85g
Offered by Healthy Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sugar free times, 8 May 2016
I've gone sugar free for a while to fix my sugar cravings and my slow metabolism. This chocolate is great for the occasional treat.

Nifty Girls School Tights Plain Rich 7 Colours Ages 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 (12-13 Years, White)
Offered by panzyvarietystore

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy two sizes up., 28 Nov. 2015
I ordered size 10-11 and they only just fit my 8 year old. She usually in 9-10 tights (e.g. john lewis sizing). They are quite thin but OK for nativity under a long angel dress. I would prefer the next size up but wont bother changing them as they do just about fit.

Brave Merida Toddler Doll
Brave Merida Toddler Doll
Offered by Popcorn and Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best doll ever, 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Brave Merida Toddler Doll (Toy)
WOW! Best doll ever! My daughter won't stop playing with it! Also, check out their Rapunzel (from Tangled) doll.

As reviewed by my 8 year old daughter. She has loved this doll for a long time.

Disney Animators' Collection RAPUNZEL Doll 16in HIGH
Disney Animators' Collection RAPUNZEL Doll 16in HIGH
Offered by Happybees*

5.0 out of 5 stars Best doll ever, 10 Nov. 2015
WOW! Best doll ever! My daughter won't stop playing with her! Also, check out their Merida (from Brave) doll.

This is a review from my daughters, age 11 and 8!

OtterBox Defender Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Glacier
OtterBox Defender Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Glacier

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying gap between built in screen and iPhone 6., 30 Sept. 2015
I write this as a big fan for many years of Otterbox defenders. The problem I have with this one is there is a gap between the built in screen and the iPhone screen - across the entire screen. I replaced it once and still had the same problem with the second cover.

I wish this gap wasn't there, you have to press so hard. I have persevered too long with it as I am so keen on Otterboxes, now I have missed the return window and am going to replace it anyway by buying another. The Anker cover with built in screen we just bought fits so much better and the screen responds beautifully, I am not so confident of the drop testing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20