Profile for tad2106 > Reviews

Content by tad2106

tad2106 "tad2106"

MacFamily Tree 5 (Mac CD)
MacFamily Tree 5 (Mac CD)
Offered by Esale Express
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars MacFamily Tree 5 - different but good!, 31 July 2010
This review is from: MacFamily Tree 5 (Mac CD) (CD-ROM)
As a fairly new (6 mths) MAC user I was looking for something to replace my old PC Family Tree Maker on the MAC. MacFamily Tree 5 seemed to be the answer and indeed it seems to have everything I need. As with any new software it took a little bit of getting used to - I'm not one for reading online manuals so it was a case of click-and-see-what-this-does! All fairly self-explanatory although I ended up with extra partners at one point but then if you aren't going to read the instructions....LOL! The virtual tree seemed quite useful at first but as I added second wives and step children it all started to look a little confused - I may be missing something somewhere but I couldn't get it to keep each batch of children from each marriage separate. I like the source facility - seems to keep me very organised and the ability to upload the media files, photos, scans of census returns etc is great.

Anyway, still early days - I have elected not to import my GEDCOM files from Family Tree Maker as it was some time since I last looked at this and although I had hundreds of names on there I decided the best way to learn was to start from scratch with my husband's family.

The 1970s Scrapbook
The 1970s Scrapbook
by Robert Opie
Price: 10.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 17 Aug 2005
This review is from: The 1970s Scrapbook (Hardcover)
What a fantastic trip down memory lane! I bought the 1970's book for my husband's 45th birthday and we spent a brilliant time flicking through and remembering some great sweets and not so great clothes! We enjoyed it so much that I bought the 60's version for a friend's 50th birthday and she was delighted! A book that will be returned to again and again - ours now takes pride of place in the loo!