Profile for L. Rushton > Reviews

Content by L. Rushton

L. Rushton "EFAW" (East Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Planet Waves Woven Guitar Strap - Tapestry
Planet Waves Woven Guitar Strap - Tapestry

5.0 out of 5 stars No visible strapline, 16 Aug. 2015
I liked the strap as soon as it arrived. For me, it is a pleasing pattern and shape. It is quite padded and I found it comfortable to wear with a fairly light dreadnought acoustic. If you're using it with a heavier solid electric, I think it would also do the trick. Seems good quality and well made.

The Köln Concert
The Köln Concert

5.0 out of 5 stars Late night lights, 16 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Köln Concert (MP3 Download)
I remember years ago listening to Nude Ants. I don't think I was ready at the time for Keith Jarrett's innovative and skilful take on the jazz environment. Listening again recently I was more taken and much more impressed by a sparkling performance and a vein of humour that seems to go through a lot of his work.

The Koln Concert was apparently a very late night affair with Mr Jarrett in bad personal form following a demanding tour which meant that he was suffering from back problems and had very little sleep before this performance.

You would never know from the sounds of this album. I find it exhilarating and intense in places, but overall a lightly held torch of improvisational genius. Highly recommended.

Melodic Compositions
Melodic Compositions

3.0 out of 5 stars Technically good., 11 Aug. 2015
I didn't dislike the music on here. I think there is a lot of technical aplomb. I'll have another listen or two, but for the moment it does seem to lack some emotional content. Maybe I'll be in a different mood the next time.

Planet Waves 20ft American Stage Instrument Cable
Planet Waves 20ft American Stage Instrument Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid connection, 22 May 2015
Excellent cable, very solid and gives you nothing to worry about, as far as the connection to the amp. is concerned. Lifetime guarantee, means they're also confident in their own production. Can't fault it.

Eric Clapton: Crossroads: 1
Eric Clapton: Crossroads: 1
by Eric Clapton

4.0 out of 5 stars Tracking back to the blues, 22 May 2015
Wonderful songs and bits for guitar. I'd forgotten or hadn't realised that there were 3 volumes of tab/music score for this box set, so was missing one of the ones that I had looked forward to, i.e. "Mean Ol' World", which I guess must be in Vol 2.

Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward to playing around with the diverse musical avenues that Mr. Clapton has visited in his early professional years.

Line 6 Fbv 2 Foot Pedals
Line 6 Fbv 2 Foot Pedals
Offered by The Wee Guitar Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to tell if you've got the right pedal, 7 April 2015
It's a bit tricky to guess the right pedal for your Line 6 device. I made a mistake with this one. It doesn't work on my Line 6 Pod. Apparently you can tell by the label on the socket for a pedal. If it says "Pedal" (which mine does) then it needs an FB4 pedal, but if it says "FBV" it can take the FBV2 pedal. I'm now in the process of sending it back. BTW. It looks like the FB4 pedal is a bit more difficult to come by and may be more expensive.

Stagg UPC-688 Case for Guitar Effect Pedals
Stagg UPC-688 Case for Guitar Effect Pedals

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and solid, 7 April 2015
This is a good solid case and the mechanism for fixing the pedals to the bottom board works reasonably well as long as you leave the pedals in position. For the most part, of course, that's what you tend to do. While finding the best position for my pedals (...so moving them around...) sometimes the velcro patch would come off the wrong side, but that's a common problem with this stuff. The only other problem is that the hinges are a bit tricky to fit the lid on. All in all it's worth the money.

How to Work for Yourself: 100 Ways to Make the Time, Energy and Priorities to Start a Business, Book or Blog

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable checklist, 16 Feb. 2015
I guess it says a lot of the things that you might think should be obvious, but it's a reasonable checklist to have you think about how to proceed. I don't know if it actually answers the claim that this is how to work for yourself. I found that I was happy just to skim through the headings in each section and didn't feel I needed to read through most of the text.

Not About Being Good: A Practical Guide to Buddhist Ethics
Not About Being Good: A Practical Guide to Buddhist Ethics

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good about not being about being good, 2 Feb. 2015
A very good introduction to Buddhist ethical thought. I was particularly drawn to the title and the text inside talked a lot about becoming "skilful" rather than abiding by a list of rules. This resonates with me, although I'm not a Buddhist, as I like this kind of philosophy.

Deluxe 25mm padded Classical Acoustic Gig Bag Full size Cutaway
Deluxe 25mm padded Classical Acoustic Gig Bag Full size Cutaway
Offered by Dangleberry Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit, well made, good padding, 20 Jan. 2015
This is a very good gig bag and works well for my parlour guitar (basically the same size and shape as a classical/Spanish guitar). It is a pretty exact fit to the guitar, which is a good thing, but I don't think it would fit anything a bit bigger than my guitar. All very well padded. There are separate compartments, but for myself, I don't tend to use them for much except maybe some music sheets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9